Tower Hobbies Sport GP/EP ARF - RC Groups

Tower Hobbies Sport GP/EP ARF

The Sport from Tower Hobbies features throw-back styling with a modern twist. Its a versatile daily flyer that excels at sport aerobatics.

Splash

A Classic Sport Design From Tower Hobbies

The all new Tower Hobbies Sport GP/EP ARF features lines reminiscent of the Kaos sport airplane, but with modern styling. The Sport can be outfitted with either an electric motor or nitro engine, and has a semi-symmetrical airfoil with a slight amount of dihedral. It comes with fixed tricycle landing gear, fiberglass cowl, and a 1-piece wing. The Sport retails for $119.99 and requires all electronics.

Features:

• Designed for easy everyday flight, yet equally adept at sport aerobatics!
  • Flies great with glow or electric power.
  • Semi-symmetrical airfoil adds stability during takeoffs and landings while boosting aerobatic performance while in flight.
  • Pre-hinged surfaces keep assembly time to a minimum.
  • Servo bays are designed for mini servos, but can be cut to accommodate standard ones.
  • Separate aileron servos make it easy to adjust trims, as well as create custom mixes like “flaperons.”
  • High-quality fiberglass cowl.
  • Easy-to-transport one-piece wing.
  • Spring-latch hatch simplifies battery swaps and fuel system inspections.
  • Tricycle landing gear improves ground handling.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Tower Hobbies Sport

Tower Hobbies Sport GP/EP ARF Soars : Raw Performance (1 min 48 sec)

Dec 05, 2016, 03:58 PM
A man with too many toys
I wonder if it has enough rudder authority for good stall-turns? Looks like it will be easy to extend the rudder if I need more.

Other than that it looks like a nice design. I have their Kaos 60 and had forgotten how much better I like trike gear. In the old days most all good aerobatic airplanes had trike gear but now days the trend is taildraggers.

Dec 05, 2016, 06:23 PM
Cool airplane! It's nice to see traditional design features of famous aircraft, like the Kaos, in a modern design. Looks like a great flyer and I'm glad it's compatible with both electric and glow/gas setups.
Dec 07, 2016, 07:50 PM
Size?

Or the article is just an cheap commercial?
Dec 07, 2016, 09:02 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin
Size?

Cute.
Dec 07, 2016, 10:26 PM
Check out the link at the bottom of the article that says, "Click here for more info".
Dec 07, 2016, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin
Size?

Uh, OK
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2
Dec 08, 2016, 05:24 AM
A man with too many toys
Looks like a nice airplane so I ordered one. I need a good sport aerobatic airplane that smaller than my Kaos 60.
If you are a Tower Club member they have a club discount price of $114.99 and a $16 off coupon with free shipping. You get it delivered to your door for $98.99.

SPECIFICATIONS
Wingspan: 60.2 in (1529mm)
Fuselage Length: 48.7 in (1237mm)
Wing Area: 592.8 sq. in. (38.24 dm2)
Weight: 72 - 76 oz. (2041 - 2155g)
Wing Loading: 17.49 - 18.46 oz/sq ft (53 - 56 g/dm2)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGDYP&P=ML

I have a 1000W Scorpion motor left over from a crashed airplane and will see if that will fit.

Last edited by RC Man; Dec 08, 2016 at 05:31 AM.
Dec 21, 2016, 07:47 AM
RC addict since 1974
I purchased one and have it ready to fly when the weather/snow clears. The price has dropped to under $100 on this one already.
Dec 21, 2016, 07:55 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBigElectric
I purchased one and have it ready to fly when the weather/snow clears. The price has dropped to under $100 on this one already.
and save $15 on top of that with coupon code 51076!
Dec 21, 2016, 02:03 PM
A man with too many toys
For anyone waiting for the metal gear servos that fit the stock mount I just got a notice that they are back in stock. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...01p??&I=LXFWGS

They are excellent for any application where you need lots of torque at a reasonable weight. They have more power than standard servos and save weight.

Last edited by RC Man; Dec 21, 2016 at 02:13 PM.
Dec 22, 2016, 08:24 AM
RC addict since 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
and save $15 on top of that with coupon code 51076!
I had a gift card too and got mine for $74.95 when it was still over $100.00
Dec 22, 2016, 06:39 PM
wondering if it can take retracts
Dec 23, 2016, 05:14 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoakley
wondering if it can take retracts
I would like to see a build log on that

Jan 06, 2017, 10:10 AM
I have had mine in the air a couple times now ( 11 flights total) and its a really nice flying plane. 1st time out I had it on snow skis (Dubro) and it did well. CG is easy to hit and I have been using a .32 G Force motor 4s batteries 2400-4000 and a 80amp esc. Right now I have been using a old Dynam 12x6 prop that I had and it does well on that. a 13in prop would be the limit. Its my 1st ARF that I built and I'm very happy with it and got several comments from other pilots that it seems to be a nice flying plane.

Quick Reply