This thread is privately moderated by Tahoed, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 04, 2016, 11:53 AM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
Discussion

JR Smurthwaite SR-6

After 20 years of collecting dust I decided to make this my winter project. Broken off (and missing) wing tip (now fixed), broken and missing formers, missing float tip and instruction manual and my shop assistant lacks focus..... but I must be a glutton for punishment. Air frame is mostly Spruce so it's still in pretty good shape. Adding flaps and individual servos for ailerons. This is going to be interesting....I think this is going to involve some TLAR building techniques.....
Last edited by Tahoed; Dec 04, 2016 at 02:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2016, 06:00 PM
Waste Nothing
I like the attitude of your 'ground crew' mate ! Lucky dog . Seems happy enuf . Maybe a treat would be in the worx ?
Latest blog entry: Fellas Fellas Fellas !
Dec 04, 2016, 06:27 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
Looks to me like he's had enough treats already....
(and maybe a beer or two....?) It's hard to get good help these days.
Feb 21, 2017, 11:24 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
Work stopped while I built this.......
Feb 21, 2017, 11:28 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
But I have made some progress.....Repairs to the damaged frame are now completed. Next I'll finish the wing and add flaps that are not in the original plan..
Mar 28, 2017, 03:23 PM
I just bought the same model, it is already built, I would like to know the exact year of this model, and if you can tell me the location of the CG this would be very appreciated.
Mar 28, 2017, 03:45 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
Plans show a copyright date of 1977.....CG is 1 3/4 in. (43mm) back from the center of the wing. (just slightly ahead of the joiner)
Mar 28, 2017, 06:33 PM
ohhhh Thank you very much for the info. I bought this plane from the president of our aeromodel club, and I promised to put it back in flight and leave it 100% original. It is equipped with an OS .40 1975 which works like a new one! Thank you and if I can help you too I will be happy to do it.
Mar 28, 2017, 08:03 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
No problem, Here's another build link for the same plane. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-Reliant-SR-6
Do you have the floats for yours?
Apr 03, 2017, 05:53 PM
Yes I have the float kit with, but I broke it last week .. Can you tell me for what size of engine it is designed? With the OS .40 2 stroke it does not tolerate well the Torque of the engine, to the point of being very unpredictable! I think with a .12 or .15 ca would be perfect!
Apr 03, 2017, 06:33 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
The plans call for a .35-.51 two stroke. A .56 4 stroke would be perfect and I'd go a little bigger if I was planning to fly it with the floats.
Last edited by Tahoed; Apr 03, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
Apr 06, 2017, 04:53 PM
I thought it was taking a smaller engine. So with my .40 2 stroke, I will have to add more angle to the right to compensate for the torque. Thank you very much appreciated.

Quick Reply