Hobbymate Q100 Micro - Help/Discussion - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 03, 2016, 09:52 PM
New Product

Hobbymate Q100 Micro - Help/Discussion

Hi everyone,

I spotted a good deal on this quad: http://www.hobbymatehobby.com/product/q100combo/

Since then there has been a significant rise in it's popularity so I'm converting this thread to a help/discussion.

Warnings:

Latest cleanflight doesn't support self leveling modes.
Stock target is AlienWii although a Naze32 board is used.

Killer PIDS:

Stock CLI Dump:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Build instructions

Hobbymate Q100 Quadcopter Kit - Assembly & Review (20 min 7 sec)

Reviews:

Flight video:

Hobbymate Q100 Quadcopter Kit - Acro Flying (2 min 46 sec)

Flashing Betaflight:

Flashing Betaflight on SP Racing F3 EVO for brushed motors with Zadig (7 min 51 sec)

Tips and tricks:

1. Use flux to assist when soldering on connections.
2. If buying the Spekturm satellite version a standalone Spektrum satellite capable rx will make binding easier. ---- Anyone who has done a Spektrum satellite bind through Cleanflight please add -----
3. When using a Frsky rx switch to PPM mode.

Known issues and fixes:

Issue - Motors spin up
Solution - set motor_pwm_rate=1000
Last edited by DroneRequired; Dec 26, 2016 at 01:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2016, 01:32 AM
Ain't that the kingkong one but rebranded?
Dec 04, 2016, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablazing
I thought so at first but it does have a few differences:
Different rx options
Different fc
Cheaper
Dec 23, 2016, 05:06 PM
Looks like my rx isn't getting any power... Or did I do something wrong.
Last edited by DroneRequired; Jan 21, 2017 at 01:26 AM.
Dec 23, 2016, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablazing
I addressed this question earlier, but will readdress it here. The same manufacturers who built the kingkong q100 manufactured this unit but this is NOT the kingkong "general brand". This product version was developed specifically by the manufacturer for Hobbymate.

Hobbymate is not simply a rebrand. They work with manufacturers to produce a higher quality product which they then sell directly to the US market under their own name brand. I have purchased and reviewed several different items from Hobbymate and have come to expect a higher quality product than what is sold on Aliexpress or Banggood.

For me, the cool experience with Hobbymate has been the products that I have used/tested, if they need improvement, I can contact Hobbymate and see them improve the design or components based on my feedback. It is a very direct link to the manufacturing process. Meaning if I experience a problem, the next generation will probably be improved.

I am hoping Hobbymate keeps pushing the edge of micro quads forward for all of us!
Dec 23, 2016, 05:21 PM
All Day I Dream About RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
Going to start this thread off with an issue:

Looks like my rx isn't getting any power... Or did I do something wrong.
As Buudy said, Hobbymate is always looking to improve their products...so they found a new satellite receiver that has a bind button on it and can be bound without a master receiver. They started including it in their Q100 kits. Some of the first kits, including mine, had a version of the satellite that did not have a bind button and required binding using a master receiver first. Both of the satellites work identically once bound.

DroneRequired, does yours have a bind button?
Dec 23, 2016, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidarc
As Buudy said, Hobbymate is always looking to improve their products...so they found a new satellite receiver that has a bind button on it and can be bound without a master receiver. They started including it in their Q100 kits. Some of the first kits, including mine, had a version of the satellite that did not have a bind button and required binding using a master receiver first. Both of the satellites work identically once bound.

DroneRequired, does yours have a bind button?
Yep, mine does have a bind button.

The issue is I don't think it's getting power, as you can see in the video the LED on the rx isnt flashing when I connect power...

Others have reported that the rx has have an LED which flashes when on and is solid when bound, that's what I'm basing my conclusion off.
Dec 23, 2016, 06:15 PM
I'm using a Lemon sat with mine and I had to connect the sat to a Dodo I had laying around and then bind before using it with the FC that came with my Hobbymate quad. Prior to binding, I think I'd get an ever so brief light flash when I would connect the Lemon to the Hobbymate FC.

Do you have any other FCs that you could try the Hobbymate receiver with?

Edit: I forgot to add, check power using a multimeter.
Last edited by grahamma; Dec 23, 2016 at 06:28 PM.
Dec 23, 2016, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamma
I'm using a Lemon sat with mine and I had to connect the sat to a Dodo I had laying around and then bind before using it with the FC that came with my Hobbymate quad. Prior to binding, I think I'd get an ever so brief light flash when I would connect the Lemon to the Hobbymate FC.

Do you have any other FCs that you could try the Hobbymate receiver with?

Edit: I forgot to add, check power using a multimeter.
I'll be buying a Lemon sat tonight.

I have a micro scisky but doesn't have a 3pin port to try and I don't have a multimetre either. I thought it was the physical connection to the rx, that's why it wasn't getting power but I've plugged it in twice again and still nothing.

Before binding there was a light flashing on the rx yes?
Dec 23, 2016, 10:05 PM
BTW started my review here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post36482707
Dec 24, 2016, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Before binding there was a light flashing on the rx yes?
When I connected the Lemon to the Hobbymate FC, I would get a single, brief, red light. I tried to do the CLI bind commands, but no go. I plugged it into an RMRC Dodo FC, did the CLI bind, and then connected it back to the HM FC. Now, I get a solid red light as long as my receiver is on (can't remember what light I get when its not on).

Do you have a multimeter? If you do, you could easily check to make sure you're getting power from that little satellite port on the HM FC.
Dec 24, 2016, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamma
When I connected the Lemon to the Hobbymate FC, I would get a single, brief, red light. I tried to do the CLI bind commands, but no go. I plugged it into an RMRC Dodo FC, did the CLI bind, and then connected it back to the HM FC. Now, I get a solid red light as long as my receiver is on (can't remember what light I get when its not on).

Do you have a multimeter? If you do, you could easily check to make sure you're getting power from that little satellite port on the HM FC.
I see.

I don't have a multimeter but I will be buying one, just too many things on my to buy list.
Dec 25, 2016, 11:46 AM
Quote:
I see.

I don't have a multimeter but I will be buying one, just too many things on my to buy list.
Harbor freight gives them away for free. Just find a coupon.
Dec 25, 2016, 11:53 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1185
Harbor freight gives them away for free. Just find a coupon.
do they have harbor freight in aussieland?!
Dec 25, 2016, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
do they have harbor freight in aussieland?!
No, unfortunately they don't. However it is only about 10 dollars, so not much.

I contacted Hobbymate and they said they'd look into the issue.