Sep 24, 2004, 07:20 AM
Thread OP

glider MAK-15M

Hi
This is my first post to ur very interesting forum.
I’m going to build 2.2 meter Russian glider MAK-15M. Could somebody tell me Is it possble to aerotow such glider by usual Trainer powered by OS 46 FX on field?
Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2004, 10:29 AM
Vladimir- Welcome to RCGroups. Can you estimate the flying weight of your model glider?

-Ben
Sep 24, 2004, 09:21 PM
Thread OP

weight

Ben
The point is that I have never built scale gliders before so it’s quite difficult for me to estimate the flying weight. But roughly I believe - 2000 grams (70 oz). Will it work with 0.46 aerotow? If it’s turned out that I am too optimistic and flying weight will be say 75 or even 80 oz, would be trainer powered enough to aerotow the glider?
Vlad
Sep 24, 2004, 11:42 PM
Hello

very interesting sailplane!!! you have more photograph, documents, URL? the forms are original,
it is a beautiful sailplane
surface is large, the weight in flight will be 2500 gr
46 engine is just, to tow in security, one needs 10cc or 15cc
Sep 25, 2004, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for reccomendations
About the glider: The designer of this glider is M. Kuzakov. Glider MAK-15 was in serial production from 1956 to 1958. I was all-purpose glider for aerobatic and thermal either slope soaring. Drawings on this glider was published in Russian book by Sheremetev B.N. “Planeri”. Below there are two pictures from this book. You can get a copy of this book (on CD) at :
http://aviabooks.grafitex.ru/index.html?p=6
(number 014) If u need language help please feel free to ask me
Two modifications of Mak-15 are known:
MAK-15M glider has more wing span, canopy. (see picture)
MAK-15MP – powered glider (see picture)
Nov 11, 2004, 01:04 PM

Russian/Soviet gliders

Your project MAK-15 is fascinating. I am interested in Russian gliders. Almost no one in the west knows much about them, and information is hard to find. Yet it appears that there was a very active interest in them in both pre-soviet and afterward. My interests lie mostly in older designs, before fiberglass and composite materials became the norm. Included is an interest in military gliders, which there were apparently several in small series production during the 1930s and 1940s. In addition to historical interest, I build flying scale models. One project I have searching for is 3-views and data for the A-2. I am aware that in July 1955, one M. Veitsman set a all-Union record when he completed a distance of 153.5 kilometers in 5 hours in an A-2. I would like to build a model of this machine, and have searched carefully, but have not been able to find much information on it. Do you know of this event? Can you direct me to sources for information? There is no problem with language issues, ?????? ??? ???? ??????? ???????? ????? (? ???????, ??? ?? ???????? ??-????????? ??????? ????? ??? ? ??-??????!). I will check your site for the Sheremetev book, and look forward to hearing from you.

Jim OHaver
Prescott Arizona
Nov 13, 2004, 11:37 AM
Thread OP
I know only one A-2 glider, but I doubt that is thing you are searching for. It was a glider for beginners designed by Oleg Antonov in 1933

Another Antonov's glider A-9 designed in mentioned period (in1948) had some international and national records. I heard V.Efimenko set a international record in 636km in 1952.

If my member steel serves me correctly this A9 glider was also described in the Sheremetev book
Nov 13, 2004, 05:18 PM

A-2

I am fairly confident that the A-2 you show is the one I'm seeking. I want to try to replicate a bit of history from that flight described. I ahve a news article from Sovetskiy sport that seems to corroborabe. I will try again to upload an image. In the meantime, are there drawings of the A-2 in Sheremetyev's book?
JGO

ps:I tried agian to upload an image, but when I go through the Manage Attachments window, identify the file, and click "upload,:" all I get is a message that says "Uploading Image(s)--Please Wait" and the windows wait icon (hourglass), but nothing ever happens. JGO
Last edited by Jim OHaver; Nov 13, 2004 at 05:21 PM.
Nov 15, 2004, 11:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim OHaver
In the meantime, are there drawings of the A-2 in Sheremetyev's book?
Yes drawings of A-2 are in the Sheremetev's book.
Nov 15, 2004, 03:06 PM

A-2

I think Sheremetev just made my "must-buy" list. Is that site priced in rubles?
JGO
Nov 15, 2004, 03:16 PM
In addition to 014 Шереметьев "Планры" Издательство ДОСААФ 59 г. (.pdf 26.9 Mb 218 стр.), I also thought to get #11 Антонов "Планера" Государственное издательство оборонной промышленности 38г. (.pdf 7.24 Mb 105 стр.). The title looks good, but do you know about this book, too? Do you recommend it?

I din't buy either one just yet, because when I linked to that site and selected these two items, I didn't any reference to payment method, nor any indication that the site is carrying encryption software to enable credit card payments online. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? JGO
Nov 15, 2004, 03:20 PM
Oh, and here's a stupid question: is the word pronounced "plahn-YOR" or "PLAHN-yer"? На каком же слоге поставлено ударение? As you can see, I am no linguist, by any means. Jim
Nov 16, 2004, 05:23 AM
Thread OP
Yes, this site priced in rubles (1$= aprox 30publes). They don’t have credit card payments and works mostly with Russian customers via COD payment. Try to contact they via this URL:
http://aviabooks.grafitex.ru/forum.html

Post your email and ask haw to pay in your case.

I have never seen the (Антонов "Планера") book and gonna order it later. As for pronounce, this in French, foreign for Russian language word and we use both mentioned by you variants. But second variant ("PLAHN-yer") is the most useful and probably correct (I’m also no linguist).
Good lack with your glider!
Nov 25, 2004, 09:14 PM

books

I posted a message as you suggested. Now I wait. JGO
Dec 04, 2004, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir
Post your email and ask haw to pay in your case.
I did post a message to them, but have heard nothing. Now what? Any advice?
JGO

Quick Reply