Mar 14, 2017, 05:31 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Nice bones.
Mar 14, 2017, 10:31 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Scottie
Mar 14, 2017, 12:26 PM
Thread OP
Having been as faithfull to the plan as possible, having some fun with the landing gear. Using piano wire for the legs, buy carbon tube for the stays. Will have another look tomorrow, and start gluing/soldering
Mar 15, 2017, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
Landing gear more or less together, lower nose sheeting on. Undercarriage goes back on tomorrow, then inset side sheeting can go in.
Mar 15, 2017, 01:56 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Nice Al. I take it this one isn't going to make the finish deadline? No worries it can go into the CAP2017.
Mar 15, 2017, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
Dunno George - if things start going smoothly it may yet be finished in time. The wing is straight forward, the pylon should be reasonably easy, then its just covering. Fiddly bits are pretty much sorted already. So, not going to rush but there is light at the end of the tunnel
Mar 16, 2017, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Inset sheeting done, undercarriage in but not glued yet.

Wing next, but not tomorrow as its flying time
Mar 19, 2017, 09:30 AM
Thread OP
A productive Sunday afternoon saw the wing parts all cut out. Not being completely happy with the structure, it will have a different spar arrangement, and will be built in a similar fashion to all my other wings. The shape and airfoil will remain the same .
Mar 21, 2017, 07:26 AM
Thread OP
A start on the wings
Mar 21, 2017, 08:43 AM
Thread OP
Had a look at the pylon. It's really very low to the fuselage, which looks nice. Will take a while to build, but shouldn't be difficult. It just needs to be tied in nicely with formers etc.. Got one or two little jobs to tackle, then we are in the finishing straight! Colour scheme picked out already!
Mar 21, 2017, 01:27 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
You are really cracking on with it now Al!
Mar 21, 2017, 02:03 PM
Thread OP
Yip George, trying to keep a major assembly under construction, and doing the little details in advance. So soldered and glued the landing gear, and painted the wheels as well today. It's fun, and the airframe should be done by the end of the month, but I doubt it will be covered. Pity 2 months were lost to professional responsibilities......

Really think this is going to be a fun aircraft
Mar 21, 2017, 09:33 PM
Steel by day,Balsa by night
Wow, you have some nice looking flyers in the background there. Good job. I am sure you will get it done.
Pat.
Mar 21, 2017, 11:59 PM
23 looks nice and light Al. Admire your collection of flyers too.

Quick Reply