Dec 05, 2016, 02:01 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
If you do a FPV thread, do it from your blog page. You can delete posts.

Listen Jandro, it's not the first time this type of stuff has happened. The first SU-35 thread died because the OP kept complaining about vendors and FW etc. And because the discussion wouldn't depart from that we had enough and started a new thread.
The worst I've seen is one of the Spektrum vendor threads that got closed because a member kept on with the same complaints over and over ruining the thread for the vendor and anyone who had or wanted the radio.
Threads as I said don't get closed because they're old. It's because one or a few are just high jacking the thread to make it what ever they want and not for what everyone actually came to the thread for.
That's what ITTD kept doing.
Am I happy that Fred had to close what we had worked years on, No! But ITTD and company was turning it into their own little play ground, not any OURs, any longer because it repeatedly was not about what drew our interest there. And as much as they would like to down play the amount of and nature of their OT, as Fred said, you just don't see it happening in any other thread. Sure there is the occasional hey did you see this.... as one person said they wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been mentioned... ya fine it gets mentioned. But month after month about ornithopters, before that Taranis, in and around that beach vacation pics and pancakes???? That like this thread isn't about the model. It's his personal Facebook where you go to see what a person is doing instead of just the model.

And the flip to that is we showed more respect for him not decidedly trying to report him for every political, contentious or repeated OT trolling he was up to and he still didn't care. He'd come back with another ornithopters BS post like we needed to see it for a seventh time or something.

So while I'm also not happy I'm not going to wrong Fred for getting tired of his thread being turned into the ITTDs fun with flags BS.

There is a section of forum on RCG to discuss what ever OT (unrelated to RCG) you feel like. But that's not good enough for some people. Instead they prefer to hijack everyone else's play area.
I should copy and paste all of his OT posts over the years in the Taranis thread and see how quickly they'd be up in arms over it. Or every few days actually show what Jeti can do that FrSky can't in this thread. But I'm not a hole to ruin stuff for others like that.

We spoke offline and his first point of contention was that you posted as much OT as he did and we all cut you a break. But him we were all over. As said to him though if you were asked to stop you stopped. When you crashed you 35 you'd thrown in your Euro. OT yes but you didn't start a whole conversation about it. Then he contended our aerodynamic conversations were OT even though they were about the model and trying to understand how to arrive at the best result. In his mind something directly involving the model is OT but ornithopters is fine....

Ultimately RCG is categorized and separated by topic for a reason. It's not RCG chat about what ever. And that's what was happening to our thread. It was no longer about the model or foam jets or EDFs.
Fred can get it reopened but no point if some are still going to change what the thread is about.

Like I said. Open a thread from your blog on your FPV build. The admins can move it later if it picks up everyone's interest in the model again...it was done with the Euro FPV project and George created his own twin 80mm build thread. At least those were on the topic and you could learn from what you were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
You can't have a 1660 pages thread, spanning years and years, thousands over thousands of posts from hundreds of contributing users and go claim it's 'yours'.

Now THAT's kind of the most selfish thing I have heard of in the whole past year.

I actually felt the closing of the SU-35 thread like a punch to the stomach. Just like when someone tells you very grave news, that's what it felt like to me.

I can't even begin to comprehend how come could you even consider suggesting that to Fred.
And then come here after the other thread's closure and just keep talking like that. It feels painful and fake.

Yes. It was selfish, no matter how much OT content our bud ITTD here threw in.
ITTD should have not pressed the buttons, but if you are to rule a thread as a tyrant, don't bother yourself in starting it.

I agree, but that's not reason enough to close a thread like that.
It was not Fred's thread. It was ours. And I mean ALL OF US. All who contributed. All who love this bird.
I'm not ever subscribing to a thread started by Fred anymore, that's for sure.

I indeed thank you for the kind comment but... what's the point?
We're a community. ITTD has messed up, maybe. Fred has without a doubt.
We are not going to ban either of them if we start a new thread. This is not about Fred, or ITTD or me or anyone (As I see it) but about keeping together the Freewing SU-35 owners.

I could start a new thread but I don't see the point. I actually started some back in my time and then others came claiming sovereign control over the topic (Read, MotionRC), making their own thread about it and stealing all the trafic. I felt bad at that time, so I don't intend to do that myself.

I would have gladly started a SU-35S thread when Fred closed the other one but ITTD was faster than I. I am not feeling like trying to compete with anyone so no, I'm not thinking about starting a 4th SU-35 thread. Maybe I even make one when I complete my SU-35FPV build but it would not be the SU-35 thread, it'd be my build's thread... so I'm staying here I guess.

I don't. Splitting the knowledge in a thousand threads about a single plane... bfff. I don't like it but others have already decided for us so there's little to do about it.

You are right, I'm sorry I felt I had to speak up.

So after all... you dare come back here and your first contribution is answering to an OT comment with another OT post?
Well, from my point of view, it is very sad.
If you so much despise OT, that is, after all.

We're just 4 pages long on this thread.
I don't know if RCG allows to reopen a closed thread but if that's the case, I would like to kindly ask you (please) to re-open the SU-35 thread.
I'd prefer to stick to the original SU-35 thread. If you are not changing your mind, then I'll stick to this one.
Again, let me mark that I consider it a stupid choice.
Hate me if you wish for these words, but I had come to love that thread and seeing it closed pains me.

Cheers!
Jandro.
Dec 05, 2016, 03:05 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
If you do a FPV thread, do it from your blog page. You can delete posts.

Listen Jandro, it's not the first time this type of stuff has happened. The first SU-35 thread died because the OP kept complaining about vendors and FW etc. And because the discussion wouldn't depart from that we had enough and started a new thread.
The worst I've seen is one of the Spektrum vendor threads that got closed because a member kept on with the same complaints over and over ruining the thread for the vendor and anyone who had or wanted the radio.
Threads as I said don't get closed because they're old. It's because one or a few are just high jacking the thread to make it what ever they want and not for what everyone actually came to the thread for.
That's what ITTD kept doing.
Am I happy that Fred had to close what we had worked years on, No! But ITTD and company was turning it into their own little play ground, not any OURs, any longer because it repeatedly was not about what drew our interest there. And as much as they would like to down play the amount of and nature of their OT, as Fred said, you just don't see it happening in any other thread. Sure there is the occasional hey did you see this.... as one person said they wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been mentioned... ya fine it gets mentioned. But month after month about ornithopters, before that Taranis, in and around that beach vacation pics and pancakes???? That like this thread isn't about the model. It's his personal Facebook where you go to see what a person is doing instead of just the model.

And the flip to that is we showed more respect for him not decidedly trying to report him for every political, contentious or repeated OT trolling he was up to and he still didn't care. He'd come back with another ornithopters BS post like we needed to see it for a seventh time or something.

So while I'm also not happy I'm not going to wrong Fred for getting tired of his thread being turned into the ITTDs fun with flags BS.

There is a section of forum on RCG to discuss what ever OT (unrelated to RCG) you feel like. But that's not good enough for some people. Instead they prefer to hijack everyone else's play area.
I should copy and paste all of his OT posts over the years in the Taranis thread and see how quickly they'd be up in arms over it. Or every few days actually show what Jeti can do that FrSky can't in this thread. But I'm not a hole to ruin stuff for others like that.

We spoke offline and his first point of contention was that you posted as much OT as he did and we all cut you a break. But him we were all over. As said to him though if you were asked to stop you stopped. When you crashed you 35 you'd thrown in your Euro. OT yes but you didn't start a whole conversation about it. Then he contended our aerodynamic conversations were OT even though they were about the model and trying to understand how to arrive at the best result. In his mind something directly involving the model is OT but ornithopters is fine....

Ultimately RCG is categorized and separated by topic for a reason. It's not RCG chat about what ever. And that's what was happening to our thread. It was no longer about the model or foam jets or EDFs.
Fred can get it reopened but no point if some are still going to change what the thread is about.

Like I said. Open a thread from your blog on your FPV build. The admins can move it later if it picks up everyone's interest in the model again...it was done with the Euro FPV project and George created his own twin 80mm build thread. At least those were on the topic and you could learn from what you were looking for.
'ITTD' 'OT' 'pancakes' and 'ornithopter' seem to be the words of the day BTW If anyone needed a beach vacation its you Max!! so chill out, have a banana, go on a tropi vacation and get back to work on your Su35 and post your work, if not here in Jandro's future FPV build log, or on FB ... I joined Fred's Su35 thread way after most of you as you've pointed out a few times, yet go back and search the all the pics, all the vids, all the mods- if I'm not at the top of the list of contributors then must be in top 3 at least IMO... yet you get caught up in a few of my OT posts- and btw there is an ignore button, anyone in freds thread could have just 'ignored' ITTD simple solution!! So now the blame game will run its course and eventually Su35 life will return a new normal- where we can have fun which is what RC is all about...oh and there are no thread police
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Dec 05, 2016 at 03:11 AM.
Dec 05, 2016, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
'ITTD' 'OT' 'pancakes' and 'ornithopter' seem to be the words of the day BTW If anyone needed a beach vacation its you Max!! so chill out, have a banana, go on a tropi vacation and get back to work on your Su35 and post your work, if not here in Jandro's future FPV build log, or on FB ... I joined Fred's Su35 thread way after most of you as you've pointed out a few times, yet go back and search the all the pics, all the vids, all the mods- if I'm not at the top of the list of contributors then must be in top 3 at least IMO... yet you get caught up in a few of my OT posts- and btw there is an ignore button, anyone in freds thread could have just 'ignored' ITTD simple solution!! So now the blame game will run its course and eventually Su35 life will return a new normal- where we can have fun which is what RC is all about...oh and there are no thread police
so you like you tube as your medium and post lots and lots of pics of the same thing.
In fact you tried a lot of things as well and dropped them or was of little use to others.
V8 did the dorsal air brake before you. You did what 3 versions....FOD screens custom nose brakes and other stuff.... you make it sound like you invented something.
I saw your stuff and along the way several of us had to steer you in the right direction.
And top of which list when the great majority of your count is OT posts....

And years later you're still unclear on your CG or explaining why this or that. So the amount of your posts are not necessarily the top of the shelf for contributions. In fact I even remember when you were doing a simple thrust test for one of your set ups. You had posts and pics figuring it out and a test and another test and another... I was running out of phone data one month watching your 5 min video just to get a single one liner that I posted after that you got this thrust for those amps.

You use metal where ply or balsa would do. You try stuff... and nothing wrong with that but volume doesn't make it a great contribution.

None the less how does any contribution about the model change the idea that OT is OT. Or is it that now that you've done it you're going to hold us captive to talk about something else?

One doesn't excuse the other which you keep seem to do. Instead of, OK this is ticking a few to many people off you try to justify what you've done.

The model goes together fairly simple without the need for rocket science. CG is explanable. Simple mods like rudder reinforcement and planking around the nose box thru the battery tray and aft is a no brained. Servos anyone can get and radio set up is basically open your manual and learn how to set up you radio. Tailerons and flaps or flapperons are more fun.
There not much else that anyone is adding or doing new under the sun in the above. But we were happy to repeatedly walk people thru it or try to figure out what went wrong. And the what went wrong brought on much of the ideas that needed to be dispelled.

So ITTD... and in keeping with your new thread that encourages OT.....which again really isn't cause it's about the medium and forum by which we discuss this model keep in more on topic than not.
This is all you buddy. Thanks for your contribution.
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Dec 05, 2016 at 03:47 AM.
Dec 05, 2016, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
I don't. Splitting the knowledge in a thousand threads about a single plane... bfff. I don't like it but others have already decided for us so there's little to do about it.
I think you misunderstood me there. I am 100% in agreement that we should strive to keep the SU-35 community in one place. What I welcome is moving that one place from Fred's thread to a new one (here). The OT policing in the previous thread was FAR more distracting than the OT content itself, and frankly I don't subscribe to attitudes like that. Like you so precisely put it Jandro: When you are the creator of a thread that spans thousands of posts over several years from a large number of posters, that is a community thread, it is no longer your own property to do with as you please.

So I welcome the old thread being closed and moving forward here. I also welcome the fact that you want to keep everything in one place - that's a big bonus for everybody.
Dec 05, 2016, 04:47 AM
Quote:
I for one hope Jandro decides to keep his info on that project right here

And regarding your views on categorization in general, that is not down to RCG. Defining the scope for each thread is clearly up the the OP. Something you have clearly supported when you defend Fred's right to define the scope and police his own thread. ITTD has 100% the same right here.
Dec 05, 2016, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
and btw there is an ignore button, anyone in freds thread could have just 'ignored' ITTD simple solution!!
Really? I've never seen anything like that on RCG. Where?

Seems it can become useful here as well if certain people are going to keep the discussion about OT and Fred going much longer.
Dec 05, 2016, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janmb
I for one hope Jandro decides to keep his info on that project right here

And regarding your views on categorization in general, that is not down to RCG. Defining the scope for each thread is clearly up the the OP. Something you have clearly supported when you defend Fred's right to define the scope and police his own thread. ITTD has 100% the same right here.
In a way you may understand : try starting an ornithopter thread in the radio or composite jet section. It can get reported to the admins and they move it simply because the subject matter doesn't belong is those categories.
If such makes sense throughout the forum how does it not make sense within a thread.

And you again may have missed the point that the previous thread was closed because some didn't care what the OP requested that being the common sense of sticking to the subject matter where possible and though no one is expecting hard absolute rules, continuing to ignore the intent of a thread to incite others is trolling.

These are things someone else did to another thread. Not the other way around. And because he said it's a anything goes for this thread what are we going to double back on that because we suddenly realize how that makes no sense....
Dec 05, 2016, 06:02 AM
Achmedina The Hot Terrorist Interview: Trump or Grump? | JEFF DUNHAM (3 min 52 sec)
Dec 05, 2016, 06:09 AM
Oh and the use of blocking someone helps with direct arguments.
Say Jandro did do a FPV build thread. And then many took an interest and wanted to reference the effort he and eventually others put in. But then some one come along and starts posting cat videos or cool RC cars repeatedly. Showed up with an FPV off a drone but then month after month kept adding more posts about the drone, and props for the drone and why drones make better FPV platforms than the 35 and even when others said enough they still pop in with more with occasional me ton of the Su-35.....
Anyone new to the thread would as happened repeatedly in the other say hi to everyone and then comments about how long the thread is and couldn't find...do we tell them to also block such and such a person to make it easier or would be wrong for Jandro to tell the person to stop posting all that OT BS.

We don't need to make excuses around the obvious. As said we just don't do it in other threads. So why the excuses or need to get around the source of the problem.

Just a break down of respect for others ....
Dec 05, 2016, 08:03 AM
https://youtube.com/RC4ever
Well... looks like I'll have to make an FPV build thread after so much mentions to the 'ghost thread'

For the time being I'll just stay around here.
I have no time lately to put together all that info in a precise and helpful way.
Dec 05, 2016, 10:56 AM
"Just a break down of respect for others ..."
Dream on...........closing the thread showed a far greater degree of disrespect to a lot more people than that shown by OT posts to him. It was done for no other purpose than to revel in the exercise of control when he was "disobeyed"......with some support from minions.

Very OT....... I managed a flight today with the P51...with smoke...and a clear blue sky
Dec 05, 2016, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locharrow
"Just a break down of respect for others ..."
Dream on...........closing the thread showed a far greater degree of disrespect to a lot more people than that shown by OT posts to him. It was done for no other purpose than to revel in the exercise of control when he was "disobeyed"......with some support from minions.

Very OT....... I managed a flight today with the P51...with smoke...and a clear blue sky
bad neighbors.... it happens all the time. One neighbor starts playing music loud, let their dog out all over the others lawn, the other neighbors politely asks if they could do something about the dog and the music and the rusting car out front and so on till its just open hostility. The cops are called several times till finally one night the other neighbor shoots the other.....

One action is extreme but it doesn't change what brought it to that point and all suffer for it. From pre-school we're taught to be neighborly... respectful, helpful accommodating within normal limits of what's expected from a neighborhood. That ain't being a tyrant or overlord in anything over anyone.... that's common sense. No secret there since there are Bylaws even structured around all that kind of peaceful behavior.

But some just don't give a crap even when something gets shot up.....never was learned right, to respect others.

Hey Jandro, what ever happened to your LX Berkut? Just got a foot of snow over night. Do you get much snow in Spain?
SU-35s the bomb..
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Dec 05, 2016 at 11:23 AM.
Dec 05, 2016, 11:49 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Thread OP
Quote:
bad neighbors.... it happens all the time. One neighbor starts playing music loud, let their dog out all over the others lawn, the other neighbors politely asks if they could do something about the dog and the music and the rusting car out front and so on till its just open hostility. The cops are called several times till finally one night the other neighbor shoots the other.....

One action is extreme but it doesn't change what brought it to that point and all suffer for it. From pre-school we're taught to be neighborly... respectful, helpful accommodating within normal limits of what's expected from a neighborhood.No secret there since there are Bylaws even structured around all that kind of peaceful behavior.

But some just don't give a crap even when something gets shot up.....never was learned right, to respect others.

Hey Jandro, what ever happened to your LX Berkut? Just got a foot of snow over night. Do you get much snow in Spain?
SU-35s the bomb..
Peter where do you find that stuff!?

Max neighbors kill each other all the time, as do spouses, friends, and the US Govt Regime Change Machine
disguised as 'Democracy & civil society building'

Max's ideal Su35 thread:

"Hi everyone, I am ITTD and new to this thread, I just bought this FW Su35- question:
I picked up a new DX4 4 channel radio for a steal- only $350! How can I program my DX4
to run the Su35? Do I need to Y all the servos together? I was thinking of Y'ing the THR to ELE
and the AIL to the Gear, and TV Y'd to RUD, then mixing Aux2 to Aux3 and Aux1 to ch2,
and ch1 to slave off ch2- will this work?"

Speaking of snow Hawaii is getting hammered with massive snow storm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/04...foot-snow.html

and speaking of rusted cars I qualify, we'd get along great as neighbors Max
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Dec 05, 2016 at 11:57 AM.
Dec 05, 2016, 12:16 PM
Mach One
Must be a bad neighborhood - wow.

Quick Reply