Dec 04, 2016, 06:04 AM
This was my Su-35 'replacement'.... seeing it was going to cost me A$360 for a Su-35 kit, and the HSD Viper Jet ARF (just needs motor and ESC) for A$490... it seemed a better idea, seeing I wanted a Sports Jet and they look pretty hot, especially in the Ferrari scheme! Mind you, after I changed to making it 8S (5000mAH) with an ExtremeRC Jetfan combo etc, is is now an A$1000+ plane in its flying state! (virtually $200 worth of batteries per pair)
I will get an Su-35 kit again eventually....

And another money 'eater' (and Time Eater!) was a HK500GT FBL TT helicopter, with a scale fuselage for it.
This was also around A$800 in total!! More money 'eaten' up.... sigh.

Viper Jet - HSD 1400mm - Flight 07 Airspeed Sensor Info & Flights (10 min 21 sec)

HK500 - MD500D Scale Fuselage Maiden (7 min 35 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2016, 09:51 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
They tried the same acquisition approach as the *F-35*, not copy the Su-35. And the LCAs was never meant to be a carrier, but a shallow water craft. That's where the word "littoral" comes in.
Yeah I read that but sounds like an absolute [email protected][email protected]! -at this point it cannot even do the tasks of the ships it replacing!

Quote:
Hope your antennas are away from all that metal plate.
yup the paddles are off to the sides way aft and if memory serves this was my first desert camo that was destroyed when the ESC blew its cap
Dec 04, 2016, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukhoiDan
Sweet!! Damn that is fast
Dec 04, 2016, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
This was my Su-35 'replacement'.... seeing it was going to cost me A$360 for a Su-35 kit, and the HSD Viper Jet ARF (just needs motor and ESC) for A$490... it seemed a better idea, seeing I wanted a Sports Jet and they look pretty hot, especially in the Ferrari scheme! Mind you, after I changed to making it 8S (5000mAH) with an ExtremeRC Jetfan combo etc, is is now an A$1000+ plane in its flying state! (virtually $200 worth of batteries per pair)

And another money 'eater' (and Time Eater!) was a HK500GT FBL TT helicopter, with a scale fuselage for it.

https://youtu.be/hlx271TNUgg

https://youtu.be/oRjzLJRIn94

Good stuff Peter
Dec 04, 2016, 12:45 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC

https://youtu.be/hlx271TNUgg

https://youtu.be/oRjzLJRIn94
Peter - your Viper flies great ! and from the other thread I know you put so much work into it. But mine is bone stock and I truly enjoy flying her and have not had any issues. I believe in giving the stock setup a chance if there are no bad reports on a model before tearing up the stock setup and putting in a different gut.

That heli flies very nice as well. You may want to check the CG. It seems nose heavy - I am sure you know how to do that if it had flybars, but its probably the same for FBL helis - balancing the main rotor grips on your index fingers to see if she is balanced.....
Latest blog entry: ESC and BEC Steup
Dec 04, 2016, 12:53 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
On a lighter note- enjoy the Rocsky Pterosaur with a good landing, finally getting the
hang of it and tried a PteroCam! and yes its OT but its all good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVqKax5hyI
I really don't like this ugly bird
Dec 04, 2016, 05:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo

I really don't like this ugly bird
Compared to Su35 yeah but its still a badass flying machine
Dec 04, 2016, 07:44 PM
Flying Hazard
Quote:
It was not selfish. Fred warned everyone many times. It was his thread and he wanted to keep it on topic but some folks simply did not care for what he requested so many times- in fact you ignored him. So your rules are different and we can do everything here. Respect.
You can't have a 1660 pages thread, spanning years and years, thousands over thousands of posts from hundreds of contributing users and go claim it's 'yours'.

Now THAT's kind of the most selfish thing I have heard of in the whole past year.

I actually felt the closing of the SU-35 thread like a punch to the stomach. Just like when someone tells you very grave news, that's what it felt like to me.

I can't even begin to comprehend how come could you even consider suggesting that to Fred.
And then come here after the other thread's closure and just keep talking like that. It feels painful and fake.

Yes. It was selfish, no matter how much OT content our bud ITTD here threw in.
ITTD should have not pressed the buttons, but if you are to rule a thread as a tyrant, don't bother yourself in starting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
Respectfully: Guess you'll never get it. You locked it up! The information from Freds thread will always be there for all to view. YOU were just making it ever harder to get to that information with bloated nothing posts and constant disrespect for other who kindly asked for it to remain on topic.
I agree, but that's not reason enough to close a thread like that.
It was not Fred's thread. It was ours. And I mean ALL OF US. All who contributed. All who love this bird.
I'm not ever subscribing to a thread started by Fred anymore, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
I'll join Jandros FPV build thread thank you.
I indeed thank you for the kind comment but... what's the point?
We're a community. ITTD has messed up, maybe. Fred has without a doubt.
We are not going to ban either of them if we start a new thread. This is not about Fred, or ITTD or me or anyone (As I see it) but about keeping together the Freewing SU-35 owners.

I could start a new thread but I don't see the point. I actually started some back in my time and then others came claiming sovereign control over the topic (Read, MotionRC), making their own thread about it and stealing all the trafic. I felt bad at that time, so I don't intend to do that myself.

I would have gladly started a SU-35S thread when Fred closed the other one but ITTD was faster than I. I am not feeling like trying to compete with anyone so no, I'm not thinking about starting a 4th SU-35 thread. Maybe I even make one when I complete my SU-35FPV build but it would not be the SU-35 thread, it'd be my build's thread... so I'm staying here I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmb
I think this was necessary and overall for the better. It is pretty clear to me that most people did not agree with the strict policy in the previous thread, and also a lot of on topic stuff was considered ot.

I for one welcome this change.
I don't. Splitting the knowledge in a thousand threads about a single plane... bfff. I don't like it but others have already decided for us so there's little to do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmb
I do however propose two things to keep in mind: Put the discussion about the old vs new thread to sleep as soon as possible, and try to keep this _mostly_ su-35 related.
You are right, I'm sorry I felt I had to speak up.

Quote:
They tried the same acquisition approach as the *F-35*, not copy the Su-35. And the LCAs was never meant to be a carrier, but a shallow water craft. That's where the word "littoral" comes in.
So after all... you dare come back here and your first contribution is answering to an OT comment with another OT post?
Well, from my point of view, it is very sad.
If you so much despise OT, that is, after all.

We're just 4 pages long on this thread.
I don't know if RCG allows to reopen a closed thread but if that's the case, I would like to kindly ask you (please) to re-open the SU-35 thread.
I'd prefer to stick to the original SU-35 thread. If you are not changing your mind, then I'll stick to this one.
Again, let me mark that I consider it a stupid choice.
Hate me if you wish for these words, but I had come to love that thread and seeing it closed pains me.

Cheers!
Jandro.
Dec 04, 2016, 09:06 PM
Closed Account
somebody should sick Anonymous on his @@s
Dec 04, 2016, 09:18 PM
Thread OP
In the words of the late Rodney King- "Can't we all just get along?" !!

Fred closed his thread, he can open again if he wants I think- he ran it the way he wanted to- I was mad he closed it for sure, and like Jandro I felt it was not 'his' thread but all of ours who contribute- that said it is what it is, and all that info is trapped for eternity over there but still accessible... and btw saying ITTD messed up is a little over the top IMO Jandro!! (its the Trouble Maker that likes to push buttons!!)

I like to push the rules, I don't like being told I cant do something, like flying on the beach- one person over 6 years has told me that- well as he
was running down the beach like a pansy to the lifeguard tower to narc on me, I dive bombed his head with my crappy loud BH F15 Turns out there are NO laws forbidding beach flying- NONE- I checked!! The only regulations that could apply are noise restrictions, and maybe FAA so thats one reason I always use 12B fans! So many of these threads are just way over the top, Mods constantly meddling- RCG'ers reporting way too often- and from my experience its almost always the case that the perp that posted offensive attack is allowed to slide while the stand up guys that confront the idiots get dinged with brownie points!! Thats B S!!! Some of you guys chastised me for posting my OT topics as Max would always say travels, cakes, and coconuts'- once I just posted a hello to you all from Mex with a few pics, man a few guys immediately gave me the OT grief - thats not appropriate for this thread!! well you!!!!!

I reckon some just want a clinical discussion of Su35- I wont name names if I wanna share some part of my day here I will- and I encourage anyone to do the same, thats what makes life interesting- you guys can post what ever you want - its all good... So everyone, get to it- discuss the amazing Su35, and what ever you think others may find interesting - lets do it!!
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Dec 04, 2016 at 10:01 PM.
Dec 04, 2016, 10:49 PM
Mach One
I think this whole closing of a thread is taken over board. That information is still available and does not go anywhere. The previous thread owner wanted it a certain way and he has the right to since he was the starter. If someone didn't like it I don't think anyone stopped them from leaving the thread. You need to respect the rules for the threads and not ignore it in a manner to piss the guy off. As for my suggestion to start a new thread and closing the old one, I think it was a great one! Now ITTD can do what he wants, and the previous information is available forever. Its not lost. Your looooong videos will still be there unless you delete them from YouTube. So please, lets move on and enjoy. Too tense around here!!
Dec 04, 2016, 10:51 PM
Mach One
OMG - I cant believe not a single post on Taranis??? ITTD? What's going on? You OK? I am very interested to learn more about that Orange RX law suite and FCC violations!! Any news??
Dec 04, 2016, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
OMG - I cant believe not a single post on Taranis??? ITTD? What's going on? You OK? I am very interested to learn more about that Orange RX law suite and FCC violations!! Any news??
Its no fun anymore- like its not an outlaw, or an underground cage fight or contraband

Ha just no reason to mention it now unless we get a new Su35 pilots asking how he can make his
cool new FW Su35 fly on a DX5 or DX6- then we'll here from the FrSky T+ or Horus
Dec 04, 2016, 11:35 PM
Thread OP
Thought I'd tighten up the batt hatch a bit, a simple piece of styrene sheet on top of the tongue of hatch cover
snugs up the fit pulling the cover lower to fusi, maybe even a mini mag above it...maybe!
Dec 05, 2016, 12:47 AM
Thread OP

Katya is ready to go

My Katya is ready to go, as far as I know- cycled the gear 25 times worked every time,
whether they work in the air with the force of air flow. I hear some servo buzz which
not too happy about- thats one thing all my Kit planes seem to suffer from, compare
that to the PNF FW 90mm F16 I bought from Antaeus has none, zero, not even a slight buzz!

Quick Reply