Dec 03, 2016, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
Tube, need to look at the battery compartment mod.
WHat you have in mind? Check out my Batt Batt Mod from a few years back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
I think there is inaccuracy in the way you do your CG balances. Maybe get a CG balance assembly (Hobbico?) to help with accuracy. You are right, makes no sense. I also agree with Capt Soap - you need to beef up the battery compartment. You have put way too much time in this baby and it needs to stay intact for the one or two times tides are low and you actually fly
Well perhaps, but I did this for years and she flew great, I'll investigate further

Quote:
My first OT ever

Check out this FMS Yak construction. They will be a good competition for Freewing. Looks like they picked up on many of the ills the FW 70mm has. I hope they "copy" and improve the SU 35 as well!!

https://youtu.be/WvbKNUy9Zu8
Welcome to the OT club CMM feels good doesn't it

Looks cool, we'll see if FW can follow FMS, will watch vid in a few
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2016, 08:23 PM
Thread OP
Btw I was driving with wife in downtown La Jolla, and there I spot none other than Mitt Romney cruising
in his Studebaker convertible! I waved and honked at him, he waved back! Oh man I love this new Su35 thread
Dec 03, 2016, 08:24 PM
Thread OP

ITTD Batt Bay Mod 2014

After seeing few of the great posts on the batt cage mods in this thread, I needed to do one also, but for different reason: On my 2 x 4s in parallel 'experiment' my 2 3700s were 4mm too wide for tray, so I cut out the foam, found alum. angle stock in my shop and cut and bent to match batt bay, the weight of each piece is 23g, 46g total + epoxy (5g?), took 30 minutes, looks cool--here is my procedure:
Dec 03, 2016, 09:17 PM
'off topic'
Did someone say OT is OK.... Coz I put a 6s in my e flite rare bare today stock and it was doing a solid 150mph I was impressed, good to have the su35 thread back hopefully have another smoke run in the next week or two, my mate Lenny has engineered some nice removable 3D printed smoke canister holsters gotta give them a test run soon.
Dec 03, 2016, 09:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukhoiDan
Did someone say OT is OK.... Coz I put a 6s in my e flite rare bare today stock and it was doing a solid 150mph I was impressed, good to have the su35 thread back hopefully have another smoke run in the next week or two, my mate Lenny has engineered some nice removable 3D printed smoke canister holsters gotta give them a test run soon.
SukhoiDan good on you to drop in mate!

Now lets try to keep this on topic ok?................!! if you have a vid feel free to post
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Dec 03, 2016 at 10:22 PM.
Dec 03, 2016, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
My first OT ever

Check out this FMS Yak construction. They will be a good competition for Freewing. Looks like they picked up on many of the ills the FW 70mm has. I hope they "copy" and improve the SU 35 as well!!

https://youtu.be/WvbKNUy9Zu8
looks like a well done model, too bad they didnt add shock struts though and gear doors! FW hasnt made any changes to the Su35 in what -
5 years. or more!? any v2 SHOULD have rotating mains with gear doors, not just a 12B fan...maybe Nav lights
Dec 03, 2016, 11:27 PM
Thread OP

US tries to copy Su35, this is what they got

Check it out- the US Navy tried to duplicate the Su35 into a carrier based
aircraft , this is what they got, a ship that doesn't do any of its intended missions
like the F35! $2 Billion wasted so far, hmmm both made by Lockheed

https://www.rt.com/usa/369059-lcs-navy-senate-hearing/
Dec 03, 2016, 11:30 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
looks like a well done model, too bad they didnt add shock struts though and gear doors! FW hasnt made any changes to the Su35 in what -
5 years. or more!? any v2 SHOULD have rotating mains with gear doors, not just a 12B fan...maybe Nav lights
Yes!! They need to consult with Dr. ITTD for the required mods. I think they probably have somehow!
Latest blog entry: ESC and BEC Steup
Dec 03, 2016, 11:32 PM
Mach One
Quote:
After seeing few of the great posts on the batt cage mods in this thread, I needed to do one also, but for different reason: On my 2 x 4s in parallel 'experiment' my 2 3700s were 4mm too wide for tray, so I cut out the foam, found alum. angle stock in my shop and cut and bent to match batt bay, the weight of each piece is 23g, 46g total + epoxy (5g?), took 30 minutes, looks cool--here is my procedure:
This is nice but don't forget the weakest link is at the neck - and above the nose gear. Somehow get these areas connected to ensure you are spreading the stresses and not having an area concentrated.
Dec 03, 2016, 11:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes!! They need to consult with Dr. ITTD for the required mods. I think they probably have somehow!
haha I'm sure they haven't even looked at the threads!! I can't help but say again, the Su35 is an absolute work of art,
beauty merged with a sleek sinister badass killing machine!!
Dec 03, 2016, 11:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
This is nice but don't forget the weakest link is at the neck - and above the nose gear. Somehow get these areas connected to ensure you are spreading the stresses and not having an area concentrated.
So people running spars forward thru nose gear bay? That would be pretty easy- maybe a 4mm carbon rod-
I have a few spares for my Pterosaur wings
Dec 04, 2016, 12:07 AM
Mach One
Quote:
So people running spars forward thru nose gear bay? That would be pretty easy- maybe a 4mm carbon rod-
I have a few spares for my Pterosaur wings
See below pics from mine - I think others have done the same. I like to use wood plates if possible before carbon since carbon affects radio signals sometimes....
Dec 04, 2016, 01:34 AM
They tried the same acquisition approach as the *F-35*, not copy the Su-35. And the LCAs was never meant to be a carrier, but a shallow water craft. That's where the word "littoral" comes in.

Quote:
Check it out- the US Navy tried to duplicate the Su35 into a carrier based
aircraft , this is what they got, a ship that doesn't do any of its intended missions
like the F35! $2 Billion wasted so far, hmmm both made by Lockheed

https://www.rt.com/usa/369059-lcs-navy-senate-hearing/
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
Dec 04, 2016, 01:37 AM
Hope your antennas are away from all that metal plate.

Quote:
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter

Quick Reply