Sep 15, 2021, 09:01 AM
Flying Hazard
Now you are asking for it!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2021, 12:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by locharrow
New fuse' arrived yesterday ..had to get the green camo one as grey one is out of stock in Europe, China and the USA.
Engine decals were pants, bubbled all over so had to remove them and do a bit of improvising. Not looking for a pat on the back but I think my genius has come through again !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Torturing cats yet again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
I'm a dog person, cats be damned!
Quote:
K ....don't upset J...He might go back to that awful "music" background noise....
Genius Loch!

Speaking of dogs and cats this is classic

Dog Sleep Farting Makes Cat Angry (0 min 21 sec)
Sep 15, 2021, 12:32 PM
Flying Hazard
OMG, hahahaaha!
Hadn't seen that one!

I side with the dog, of course!
Sep 17, 2021, 05:44 AM
"Speaking of dogs and cats this is classic "

That cat and my wife have very similar sensitivities !
Sep 17, 2021, 01:24 PM
Flying Hazard
Happy Friday!

Su-35 Dark Low Flights!! ✈️ HD 60fps (11 min 21 sec)
Sep 17, 2021, 02:25 PM
Not quite ...had to dump the F4 quick as it was misbehaving.....nose leg and mains took the force so repairs underway....but ....cab sauv (Tx J ) night so not all bad !!
Sep 17, 2021, 08:12 PM
Flying Hazard
At least you flew!
Been locked at home with work for the entire week...
Sep 23, 2021, 02:41 PM
Gentlemen... Trying to set up a 9 channel Frsky L 9 R Rx . Cannot get Ch. 9 to function at all. have it on Lr 12 .......1-12 channels.... binds fine but no life from Ch 9 . Bar on Tx screen just shows black bar on the right corresponding to weight but does not move.

TOO LATE>>>Genius got it.....Wrong input ....using max... changed to rudder ..works OK
Sep 24, 2021, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Gentlemen... Trying to set up a 9 channel Frsky L 9 R Rx . Cannot get Ch. 9 to function at all. have it on Lr 12 .......1-12 channels.... binds fine but no life from Ch 9 . Bar on Tx screen just shows black bar on the right corresponding to weight but does not move.

TOO LATE>>>Genius got it.....Wrong input ....using max... changed to rudder ..works OK
Hope a bottle of Cab did the trick Loch .

OT but WTH she's Russian devechka, Alenka recovers from ocean dump on flight 266, logs flt 269 today

E-flite Su-30 Alenka Rolls out on 269! (13 min 41 sec)
Sep 24, 2021, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
At least you flew!
Been locked at home with work for the entire week...
I haven't flown since lock down started in June!!! Lots of EDFs gathering dust.
Sep 24, 2021, 03:41 AM
An unexpected error occurred
Quote:
K .....you ...why didn't you tell me the FMS fans would turn a normal take off into a carrier launch!! Man the /35 left the deck in 20 yards going like stink.

Still have the funny U/C but left it down so as not to cause a problem, if one is there, just to get the plane up and trimmed. It's a bit tail heavy even with the 6000 HRB all the way forward. It was very noticeable at slow speed. I've taken a couple of degrees off the stab incidence hoping that will suffice to keep the nose down a bit but with the slow speed trim out I might have to stick a couple of ounces of lead in the nose. Next flight will tell. Apart from that all good!

Thanks for heads up on the fans, they make J's sound even worse than before !!

Great to hear about the FMS fans, Loch. What flight times are you getting with these?
And how are the struts holding up on grass? I have a couple of those lying around too, since I lawndarted my FMS Hawk in May....
Sep 24, 2021, 04:11 AM
"What flight times are you getting with these?" I'm on a three minute timer from gear up to gear down so it will be about 3.5 min.

"And how are the struts holding up on grass? " Great, they lower the rear a bit so I don't have to shim up the front gear. Still not sure about the effect of using current overload as "switch" on gear up but seems OK. They work in reverse to Freewing servoless units so I'm using two channels till I work out something on the Tx

Still miss the wee Hawk....
Sep 24, 2021, 04:55 AM
An unexpected error occurred
Yep, that's the reason why I would consider using shorter main gear struts too...I get the "leap into the air" too often, after a way too long takeoff run.
I liked the Hawk too, but it might have been a bit too nimble/agile for me. I lost orientation soon after takeoff, and made a deep hole in the adjoining field, it went straight down.
Haven't flown any EDF since, mostly because I bought this 2m BH Spitfire, and fell in love with it instantly.
Sep 24, 2021, 12:53 PM
Phaedra do you have testing equipment that could check the current draw of the FMS gear with the struts in line with the retract when that position prevents the gear from fully retracting? It still works as if it were switching . I would as "K" but doing such menial stuff offends his dignity .............
Sep 24, 2021, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
I've got no Su35 to share only Su30 . Epic morning on the Beach this gloomy Friday- Alenka gets a Hero's cheer on takeoff!

Quick Reply