FMS 80MM Futura sport Jet--NEW - RC Groups
Dec 01, 2016, 09:48 PM
Discussion

FMS 80MM Futura sport Jet--NEW

FMS is proud to accounce the new Jet, 80mm Futura. This model is designed by Tomahawk Germany and FMS get the permission to design the Foamy one, the size is 46.1 inn length and we use new FMS inner running motor and the power is so great. The speed is very fast so all our testing pilots get excited when they fly the model. The CNC processed shock-absorbed Aluminum landing gear is so cool, you will not worry about the bad landing anymore.

Futura will be ready in few weeks later and the containers will be arrived to US in late of Jan. See the following spec and if you have any question about the model, please just ask us, we are happy to reply you in time.

Wingspan 1060mm/41.7in
Overall Length 1170mm/46.1in
Flying Weight Around 2500g
Motor Size Inner running Brushless 3270 KV2000
ESC 100A
Servo 9g metal digital Servo x 8
Radio 6 Channel
Recommended Battery Li-Po 22.2V 4000mAh 35C
Aileron Yes
Elevator Yes
Rudder Yes
Flaps Yes
Retracts Yes
Approx. Flying Duration 3-5 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation 14+
Experience Level Intermediate
Assembly Time 15 minutes
Wing Load 113.6g/dmē (0.26oz/inē)
Wing Area 22dmē (341sq.in)
Latest blog entry: Official aircraft photos
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2016, 10:25 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
I always liked the looks of the Tomahawk Futura. Nicely done.
Dec 02, 2016, 12:50 AM
AA6JB
Oye!! A new sport jet! And an 80mm one at that!
Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
Dec 02, 2016, 01:04 AM
Wow... First the Yak ..then A-10... Now the Futura with Trailing links ..... Damn I'm going to have to take out a Loan... Luckily I've culled my Hangar in expectation of 2017...
Dec 02, 2016, 01:06 AM
AA6JB
You're a smart man sir! 2017 sure is shaping up to be a good year, eh!?
Dec 02, 2016, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
You're a smart man sir! 2017 sure is shaping up to be a good year, eh!?
Haha ...especially with FMS leading the Charge ...All I can say is ...Long Live Foamy EDFs...Bring it On. I hope FMS gets rid of their Mickey Mouse Pilots & produce some Real ones..
Dec 02, 2016, 01:10 AM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
This looks like it will be lots of fun! Great job and it's nice to see you in the larger EDF jet game.

Two points of interest that I would like to see FMS change, especially on their jets:

1. Please add nylon hinging on all control surfaces. It's almost 2017, and the foam hinging isn't cutting it.

2. FMS pilot figures are usually pretty bad, and this is no exception. Many times the same pilot is used for many airframes without much thought to scale size and/or scale look.
Dec 02, 2016, 01:13 AM
The Futura should be very Lively with a 2000kv motor compared to the Freewing 1820kv ....I love it..
Dec 02, 2016, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
This looks like it will be lots of fun! Great job and it's nice to see you in the larger EDF jet game.

Two points of interest that I would like to see FMS change, especially on their jets:

1. Please add nylon hinging on all control surfaces. It's almost 2017, and the foam hinging isn't cutting it.

2. FMS pilot figures are usually pretty bad, and this is no exception. Many times the same pilot is used for many airframes without much thought to scale size and/or scale look.
I will forward your comment to our team, the second comment is good, even I don't like the current FMS pilot figures.
Dec 02, 2016, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMSmodel
I will forward your comment to our team, the second comment is good, even I don't like the current FMS pilot figures.
Thank you . I don't mean to be rude in any way, just to clarify. I just want you folks to be competitive in the market and offer the best jets (and airplanes in general) that you can. Please take the first point to heart as well. Foam hinging on planes meant to go fast and be "Sporty" wear over time, and us hobbyist have to install nylon hinging ourselves. Nylon hinges are reliable and safer than foam or taped hinges. When other manufacturers (essentially your competitors) have nice nylon hinges on all surfaces, it becomes the standard of what folks begin to look for when shopping for new aircraft.

Keep it up and thanks!
Dec 02, 2016, 01:35 AM
FMS ... It's great to see you guys getting into the Foamy EDF market ... I hope you guys have a nice 90mm F-18 in your 2017 calendar.... Pretty please...
Dec 02, 2016, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
Thank you . I don't mean to be rude in any way, just to clarify. I just want you folks to be competitive in the market and offer the best jets (and airplanes in general) that you can. Please take the first point to heart as well. Foam hinging on planes meant to go fast and be "Sporty" wear over time, and us hobbyist have to install nylon hinging ourselves. Nylon hinges are reliable and safer than foam or taped hinges. When other manufacturers (essentially your competitors) have nice nylon hinges on all surfaces, it becomes the standard of what folks begin to look for when shopping for new aircraft.

Keep it up and thanks!
Thanks for your comment, I already informed our team about hinges, I am sure for the future models, we will use the new hinges instead of the foam hinge.
Dec 02, 2016, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMSmodel
Thanks for your comment, I already informed our team about hinges, I am sure for the future models, we will use the new hinges instead of the foam hinge.
Excellent, thank you! We appreciate you being understanding and listening to feedback, as well as incorporating it into the airplanes during their design.
Dec 02, 2016, 03:30 AM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
This Futura will be nice, but bigger would be better!

A 90 mm Yak 130 in the sport scheme would be fantastic, keep it light.
Dec 02, 2016, 08:14 AM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
This Futura will be nice, but bigger would be better!

A 90 mm Yak 130 in the sport scheme would be fantastic, keep it light.
I like the way Bob thinks. Make it light and make sure it has enough power too!