hello
this is new glider the loola by fredmodelisme
250 gr
1m50
https://fredmodelisme.com/planeurs-f3k/9-loola-f3k.html
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2016, 04:00 PM
Kyle Clayton
I saw these on Facebook awhile back, glad to see the project moving forward and some real pictures of them. They look great!
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Dec 01, 2016, 06:59 PM
Here is his video:

LOOLA F3K (5 min 22 sec)
Dec 01, 2016, 07:43 PM
aka: Pauly Knuckles
Gavin Trussel will break it. Just joking, it looks nice.
Dec 02, 2016, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
There are 3 versions
Light 210gr in vlad 30 gr,the weight of the lihgt wing is 85 gr
Middle light 230 gr in vlad 40 gr,the weight of the middle light is 95 gr
Strong 250 gr in textrem,the weight of the strong is 113 gr
The loola is marketed at fred modelisme
Last edited by Adrien GALLET; Dec 02, 2016 at 01:29 PM.
Dec 04, 2016, 05:02 PM
I know the Inside out.....
Hi, I know the Loola is avaible now for several months.

But the performance of this plane is a mystery. There is hardly any information I can find on youtube and no real information on the German rc forum (just afew posts) and nothing substantial in this discussion also.

So who can share some info on its performance, launch height, floater or a hands full? How would it compare to your other planes in its flying characteristics, what is the all up weight?

Etc.

This would be appriciated also because the information on the website is minimal. The lay up with 40 gr/m2 is new to me, but there is nothing mentioned about this new lay up on their website.

The thing is that this plane is priced pretty reasonable, and that got me interested.

So if anybody can share some real experiences than that would be great.

Thanks!
Dec 05, 2016, 03:41 PM
Hey Rosbrik,

since we´ve been waiting for quite a long time now, the Loolas will definitely arrive very soon at my place. I´ll build a few and share my experices on RC-Net. Feel free to take a look every now and then ....

cheers
Ole
Dec 07, 2016, 09:01 PM
Kyle Clayton
Is the wait time of 3 months quoted on the website accurate?
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Dec 09, 2016, 02:40 AM
Hi everyone, happy to find you here.
For those who do not know me, I'm fred from fred modelisme.
Actually not much information on this glider because the first 4 flew in July, and I just got stock. The deadline is 2 months on average,

For those who know the strike F3K 1m, it is the same base but in 1m50, the profile is a mix between zone and edge, which gives it a very strong penetration in the wind and in transition

In 2015, I was flying exclusively on vortex 2.5 and we developed with my manufacturer the loola so I can give a comparison opinion (loola Is the name of my daughter LOLA)

The glider has already made 3 competition, is finished 8,7 and 2nd. The launch on vortex 2.5 for my part was between 56 and 60m with the loola (1st generation) I climbed to 65m max, knowing that I am not one of the French thieves launched.

The first version of loola was sold in symmetric rudder, which was quickly corrected because we lose 5m high at launch, the new model with a good launcher goes up to 70m without problem

For example the strike PRO its record is of 74 m ... for a glider of 1m

So it is a glider that rises very well to the launch, and in flight is very one in the thermal, stable and easy to grasp, many pilot on the competitions tested it fly on snipe stream vibe and have all liked and Find it very versatile and easy

Olé should give us a nice test I think
Last edited by fred11; Dec 09, 2016 at 02:46 AM.
Dec 09, 2016, 08:49 AM
Aurora Builder
Thanks Fred! Can you provide more details like wing root chord and area? This looks more like a lower aspect ratio glider but the wing weights suggest otherwise. Rohacell core all around? The price is very competitive!!
Dec 10, 2016, 01:09 AM
I know the Inside out.....
Yes, more info please,

How about the different lay ups available, and their empty wing weights and typical weights for rudder, elevator and fuse.....
Dec 10, 2016, 02:49 AM
hi,

wing area : 20.014 dm2
full rohacell
chord wing : 166mm

The version vlad 40gr is the best level of resistance and resistance, which allows to have gliders in the 220 / 230gr
Dec 10, 2016, 10:36 AM
Loola f3k (1 min 50 sec)
Dec 12, 2016, 05:46 PM
Hi everybody!

This is my first post on RCG, I am a friend of Fred who distributes this dlg,

I received my loola from fred a few weeks ago, I flew it a few hours last week end.
Even if I do not have enough "stick time" with it, this dlg rocks!
It is hard for the moment to give clear performance comparisons between the loola and well known best sellers, but it really seems to be a great challenger.
This dlg is for sure excellent for tight circling at very low speed. For those who own a strike 2, the feeling is very similar: easy!

But let's start from the beginning:

First impressions when receiving the kit is very good, all the parts are really shiny and color scheme is very nice.

The wing, horizontal and vertical stabs are a rohacell solid core with several different layups available.
The wing includes a monolithic carbon spar, with a quite thick vertical shear web.
This is very good as it should be very reliable.

I posted some photos of my build with a single cell LiPo (600mAh), 2 D47 in the fuselage, 2 KST X08 for flaperons and an old 6ch FRsky receiver.

I am very happy with this setup because all up weight is slighly less than 230 gr with CG at 71 mm from leading edge.
This is pretty good for the textrem layup.

More news will come in the next weeks..

Quick Reply