Nov 09, 2017, 06:46 AM
Thanks, kikislater, for video. First real hand launch video.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Thanks, kikislater, for video. First real hand launch video.
Have to found stall speed now, but it seems very high like regular x5 around 13 or 14m/s

Motor provided from skywalker is also a piece of s**t. It have a hard spot when you turn it with your hand
Nov 09, 2017, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikislater
Have to found stall speed now, but it seems very high like regular x5 around 13 or 14m/s

Motor provided from skywalker is also a piece of s**t. It have a hard spot when you turn it with your hand
Thanks for trials ! But it seems you test it the hard way. So far not really optimised strait off the box. What motor is it ?
Nov 09, 2017, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro_Yde
Thanks for trials ! But it seems you test it the hard way. So far not really optimised strait off the box. What motor is it ?
The hard way ? No it's normal I think ... Except Skywalker conception problem and cheap parts !
It's motor provided in kit : Skywalker X2816-8 KV840
Last edited by kikislater; Nov 09, 2017 at 09:29 AM.
Jan 04, 2018, 01:19 AM
Ellen Zhu
Thread OP
Quote:
Thank you for your reply, I have already removed this part !
Note that it's not blocking. But controlling servo is blocking to control elevons. Watch picture attached, if you want pivot it should be on the top of the frame not below ...
These servo mount are a big fail !!!! The wrong part is on the wing.
Attachment 10455194

Attachment 10455164Attachment 10455165 Attachment 10455166 Attachment 10455167 Attachment 10455168
I am sorry that I do not see the information that you offer to me. I check with this black version and reply to you in detail as below.
There are two mistakes appeared which lead to it could not work by pivot ways to control aileron.
1. The black parts: you install wrong. you install the right one to the left side but install left one to the right side.
2. Pin 1 or 2 should be cutted off according to the servo arm. But if you use our standard servo, you should cut off pin 2.

I am really sorry that I am late to reply you to make you such mistake. I think it is really good design for this wings. We revise and change servo mount position. Place servos under the wings, there are some problem occurred and change the module.

However, we still think it is great design for wings. Therefore, we return to use this similar design on Skywalker X8 honeycomb composited material.
Last edited by Ellen Zhu; Jan 04, 2018 at 01:28 AM.
Jan 05, 2018, 07:09 AM
lol it's a joke ?!
Foam is performed to handle plastic pieces so showing like you took is reversed ...
Also how does the magic do the servo could work with only one pin ?
And I repeat this frame is cheap and non professional, I already break this cheap servo plastic (piece which handle 2 pin). Parrot disco servo mount is far away better and more robust in comparison ...

For others, never buy this frame : wasting time and money
Jan 07, 2018, 07:54 AM
So, back to the drawing board?
Jan 07, 2018, 09:55 PM
Ellen Zhu
Thread OP
Quote:
lol it's a joke ?!
Foam is performed to handle plastic pieces so showing like you took is reversed ...
Also how does the magic do the servo could work with only one pin ?
And I repeat this frame is cheap and non professional, I already break this cheap servo plastic (piece which handle 2 pin). Parrot disco servo mount is far away better and more robust in comparison ...

For others, never buy this frame : wasting time and money
You could see the video and know how the servo work with one pin. It works like belt moving.
I just tell you how it works so move aileron by hands to let you know.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMwMD...8770.3416059.1

1.Install servo into the servo mount by screws.
2.Place he servo arm on the servo.
3.Cut off one pin on the plastic piece. There are two pins which need you to cut off one according to your size of servo.
Someone may use small size servo that need to cut off another pin.

I do not think it is not professional, otherwise, we will not take this design on Skywalker X8 honeycomb composited material.
In terms of Skywalker X8 honeycomb composited material, we pay attention to hobbists may install wrong and install well KTS servo well on the airplane.
Jan 07, 2018, 11:00 PM
Ellen Zhu
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
So, back to the drawing board?
No, you could see the picture as I show.
Jan 08, 2018, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Zhu
You could see the video and know how the servo work with one pin. It works like belt moving.
I just tell you how it works so move aileron by hands to let you know.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMwMD...8770.3416059.1

1.Install servo into the servo mount by screws.
2.Place he servo arm on the servo.
3.Cut off one pin on the plastic piece. There are two pins which need you to cut off one according to your size of servo.
Someone may use small size servo that need to cut off another pin.

I do not think it is not professional, otherwise, we will not take this design on Skywalker X8 honeycomb composited material.
In terms of Skywalker X8 honeycomb composited material, we pay attention to hobbists may install wrong and install well KTS servo well on the airplane.
This video show nothing ... It could not work in your configuration !
Make a video with servo moving, not elevon moving alone in this hole !
Mar 17, 2018, 04:47 AM
I have built a SkyWalker X5 (not Pro) and launches it like this:
SkyWalker X-5 1180 mm Completed (3 min 16 sec)

The landnings where not so good in the beginning. ;-) The camera flying is a dummy.
Before the onboard Pixhawk was setup correctly, we used a catapult.
One person uses this with autotakeoff now and it have worked great.
It weights around 1,6 kg with Canon-camera and 4S 4000mAh.
Its a little bit heavy. And too fast for good mapping. The biggest problem is to find areas to land, it floats in the air very good. We use Tiger Motors (know trying KDE), HobbyWing ESCs, Hitec-servos. Aluminium-spinner with folding propblades.

I am curiuos about the Pro, but then I would like a kit as all of you want. I dont like the servomounts at all, it should be on top. Keep it simple.

Advices for SkyWalker:
- good website is a must where updated information can be found
- good support is also important
- listen to people
- manual that is updated
- as few special parts as possible
- build the product yourself as a beginner (following the manual) and find out what could be done better
- show pictures and movies
... and the product will sell it self to many flyers. =)

The X-5 Pro is a Professional version of X-5, but it is not a Professional product as is for now. Its a hobbyist product that professionals could rebuild/build to use for professional use. I have used some SkyWalker products, and like them all, but they do need some work. :-)
Mar 18, 2018, 09:54 AM
X5 and X5 pro are totally different frames ... For example regular X5 is inferior in size in comparison to an fx61 whereas X5 pro is bigger than fx61. LeonDywer, on post #62 of this thread, took pictures between X5 and X5 pro : totally different ...
You could not compare them, there is a thread on regular X5.
Stall speed on X5 non pro is a shame, I love your crash in video ;-)
May 14, 2018, 07:11 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Personally I think a FX-61 would be a much better choice than a X5 Pro.
The basic X5 is a very good machine. (I have 2) I use a PX4Pilot in mine. It can fly very fast or very slow and maintain stability. It also fits in my car easily. My FX-61 also fits in my car without dismantling.

Yes, that was a pretty neat tumble in the vid. Did you disarm it too soon?
Jun 28, 2018, 04:00 PM
You are right, this thread is about the SkyWalker X5-Pro Flying Wing.
(about the "bad landing", one wing touches tha grass and ... yes. Maybe to fast.)

To get ontopic again... anyone else been flying this X5-Pro?
Is there a version without that plastic servo-idea?
Jun 29, 2018, 01:52 PM
And where do I get the parachute?

Is it available only at FPV Model as a kit?
https://www.fpvmodel.com/skywalker-x...nly_g1326.html
That one is white.

Quick Reply