Aug 21, 2017, 04:25 AM
Ellen Zhu
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle83
Where can we get information about the new X5PRO, the new ground station, and everything that you have brought out with the new X5 PRO?
You could buy Skywalker X5PRO with whole set from us. There is more information that you could see from the link under below:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...with-Whole-Set

The video of Skywalker X5PRO with whole set:
RF 5mSW (2 min 8 sec)

You could contact with me at [email protected] or [email protected]. My skype is [email protected].
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2017, 12:08 AM
Hi Ellen Zhu

I have just put together and X5PRO. Before flying it I have a Question about the Parachute.

It seems like I am supposed to anchor the chute to the top of the Parachute container.
However, I am concerned that the large amount of Gs deploying the parachute will cause may pull the nose off the X5PRO.

The video you have posted show the X5PRO descending flat on its back. to me that means you don;t have it attached to the nose of the X5PRO but somewhere near the GC.

Can you post a photo or explain how you are attaching the Parachute to the X5PRO.

Also, some comments,

1. It would be nice if these came in Fluorescent Orange, Black or white is not professional.
Highly visible Fluorescent Orange is.

2. It would also be nice if the battery and the camera compartments were swapped around.

3. It would be much better if the rear bottom hatch was placed on top of the X5PRO rather than underneath, This makes it very difficult to access the autopilot.

4. can you stop putting bumps and air intakes and holes on your models. No Need for them. if people want to mount a GPS somewhere they can make a mount for it. and if an air vent or a Pito tube needed its just foam we can cut them where we need them ourselves

But apart from that, form the look of it this is the best design mapping platform yet.
If it flys as good as it looks I'll post a report.

Also for those worried about weight.
The X5PRO has more wing area than the FX61
Sep 16, 2017, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonDwyer
Hi Ellen Zhu

I have just put together and X5PRO. Before flying it I have a Question about the Parachute.

It seems like I am supposed to anchor the chute to the top of the Parachute container.
However, I am concerned that the large amount of Gs deploying the parachute will cause may pull the nose off the X5PRO.

The video you have posted show the X5PRO descending flat on its back. to me that means you don;t have it attached to the nose of the X5PRO but somewhere near the GC.

Can you post a photo or explain how you are attaching the Parachute to the X5PRO.

Also, some comments,

1. It would be nice if these came in Fluorescent Orange, Black or white is not professional.

2. It would also be nice if the battery and the camera compartments were swapped around.

3. It would be much better if the rear bottom hatch was placed on top of the X5PRO rather than underneath, This makes it very difficult to access the autopilot.

4. can you stop putting bumps and air intakes and holes on your models. No Need for them. if people want to mount a GPS somewhere they can make a mount for it. and if an air vent or a Pito tube needed its just foam we can cut them where we need them ourselves

But apart from that, form the look of it this is the best design mapping platform yet.

Comparison to fx61 is great ! It's a Big flying wing. May be could handle Windows and low stall speed
Why you don't use skywalker servo mount? Do you but it un kit or putting your own motor? Is it Titan cells, pix2.1 with here and a5100?
Sep 16, 2017, 04:39 AM
Ellen Zhu
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Ellen Zhu

Also, some comments,

Thank you for purchasing Skywalker X5PRO.

The installation of parachute is under below, you could see the picture as below. This aircraft is Skywalker X5PRO with whole set, but it has the same installation of parachute. Therefore, you could take reference to this.

1. Use screw driver to dibble four holes and small wood chip or carbon piece into there. After that, use screws and glue to fix well, then use tape to cover the four holes.

2. The parachute rope place into four holes by crossing the rope from top and knot ropes. The same way to paste tape, after that, install all equippments and find out CG.

3. You could take the parachute rope and find out balance point to confirm CG after all equippments are placed into the aircrafts.

We design the parachute bay is below the fuselage, when the parachute is open, it will turnover. In this way, the construction between pulling rod and servo is of great protection, therefore, we design landing by parachute.

In terms of weight, the X5PRO flying weight is about 2.4KG.

In terms of airtake port, we design PNP version has this part, but you could see the whole set of Skywalker X5PRO, that has no this part.

At present, we design special backpack for Skywalker X5PRO, you could see detail under below.

Sep 16, 2017, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikislater
Comparison to fx61 is great ! It's a Big flying wing. May be could handle Windows and low stall speed
Why you don't use skywalker servo mount? Do you but it un kit or putting your own motor? Is it Titan cells, pix2.1 with here and a5100?
I wanted to use the skywalker servo mount. It was one of the deciding factors in buying it.

But unfortunately, the PNP set I bought did not come with them.

Sep 16, 2017, 10:34 PM
Quote:

PH 2.1 build 3 running Ardupilot 3.8.2
Here +
2 titan 7000 mah in parallel giving me 14amps of battery
Reverse thrust esc.
Sony a5100 was easy to fit into the hole designed for the QX1
Last edited by LeonDwyer; Sep 17, 2017 at 12:18 AM.
Sep 17, 2017, 03:06 AM
Nive setup Leon, what is your survey speed and flight duration with all this in place ?
Sep 17, 2017, 06:46 AM
Have not flown it yet.
But I'm planning on stall at 8mps, approach glide at 10mps loiter at 12mps cruse at 15mps pulling 7 to 8aps at cruise
Even if it pulls 10 amps I'll be happy.
Sep 17, 2017, 07:27 AM
Quote:
I wanted to use the skywalker servo mount. It was one of the deciding factors in buying it.

But unfortunately, the PNP set I bought did not come with them.

It's sad, where did you buy it?
Sep 17, 2017, 07:56 AM
Quote:
It's sad, where did you buy it?
Why is it Sad?
Sep 17, 2017, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Why is it Sad?
Because it's one the main product advantage. I didn't know that skywalker sell them without these servo mount. That's why I ask where you bought it, to see if it's specified or not...
Sep 27, 2017, 12:47 PM
Finally got mine.
Foam seems nice and harder than other EPO foam I have : Skywalker 1680 and 2014 or fx61.
Received in kit with emax servo, ztw 70a esc and Skywalker motor which looks like sunnysky.

I'm disapointed with elevons where I need to make new hinges. Watch pictures attached

@Leon : You fix your pixhawk in the big rear gear place ? Do you have a picture of it or explanation on how do you put it ? I'm thinking in making it at this place whit removal pieces.
Sep 28, 2017, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Finally got mine.
Foam seems nice and harder than other EPO foam I have : Skywalker 1680 and 2014 or fx61.
Received in kit with emax servo, ztw 70a esc and Skywalker motor which looks like sunnysky.

I'm disapointed with elevons where I need to make new hinges. Watch pictures attached

@Leon : You fix your pixhawk in the big rear gear place ? Do you have a picture of it or explanation on how do you put it ? I'm thinking in making it at this place whit removal pieces.
Good feedback for EPO quality. Thanks. Did you get it from Banggood ?
I hope you will post more detailed photos, all we get here is from Skywalker.
Oct 09, 2017, 06:26 PM
Any user flying video for this aircraft?
Oct 15, 2017, 03:50 AM
Its almost a year passed from the launch of this plane and yet no real user posted any info with flight video. That is mystical.
I'm particular interested in seeing what launch methods people are using with this plane.

Quick Reply