Thread Tools
Oct 19, 2019, 09:25 PM
Registered User
Hey, when I was installing decals this evening I accidentally ruined one of the "No Step" decals and there are no extras on the decal sheets. Would anyone happen to have one that they don't want and could mail it to me? I would be willing to send a dollar or two to cover your cost of the stamp. PM me if you could help out. Thanks!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
Back to the window yellow stripe decal. Since my kit, and I assume all of the other newer kits, contain all water slide decals now, the decal is one big piece now instead of having the thin yellow outline affixed to a top plastic layer that can be removed once the line is in place (at least that's how I assume it was). Because of that the newer decal has a now somewhat opaque center to it and as such blurs the window slightly. I'm trying to figure out what everyone else is doing now to keep the window clear. See the picture for what mine looks like with the decal installed. I could try to score around the line and peal the center section off or remove it completely and try to find some thin tape to make the yellow line with, or paint one on. Can anyone with the newer kit let me know what they are doing for this please?
It is frustrating, but only we will know. Believe me, no one at the field will notice! I got DirtyDees 3d cockpit and spent a lot of time building and painting it, but the guys at the field barely noticed until I put it in their hands and pointed everything out. If you really wanted, you could cut along the margin with a really sharp xacto, but then you risk scratching the plastic, and you will start going down a rabbit hole!! Don't let this minor thing keep you up at night!!
Oct 20, 2019, 09:35 AM
All aboard Flight 666
grant22's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
Hey, when I was installing decals this evening I accidentally ruined one of the "No Step" decals and there are no extras on the decal sheets. Would anyone happen to have one that they don't want and could mail it to me? I would be willing to send a dollar or two to cover your cost of the stamp. PM me if you could help out. Thanks!
Heliflyer,

Consider removing it altogether. Why? Look at full scale a-10 pics and you’ll either not see the yellow border or barely see it in some pics. I say better to not have it, especially since the decal is so bold.

There, I solved the conundrum for ya! Thank me later!
Oct 20, 2019, 10:33 AM
Registered User
Pavel Pankratov's Avatar
it's a heating element, like in a car on the rear window ...
See how it looks on the original ..
Oct 20, 2019, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Think I'm just going to remove it, seems like the easiest choice. Cutting the middles section out seems like a lot of work and I agree with the rabbit hole thing!
Oct 21, 2019, 07:35 AM
Registered User
I bought a set of exhaust nozzles from Dirty Dee (thank you!) that I need to install. I took the engine nacelles apart and the stock nozzles seem to be glued in. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to loosen them up so them can be removed?
Oct 21, 2019, 08:04 AM
Registered User
john2kx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
I bought a set of exhaust nozzles from Dirty Dee (thank you!) that I need to install. I took the engine nacelles apart and the stock nozzles seem to be glued in. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to loosen them up so them can be removed?
You can use a #11 xaxto blade to cut between the glue joint and foam at the forward lip of stock nozzle. Once done you should be able to pry the old nozzle out by hand. Pretty easy task.

John
Oct 21, 2019, 08:11 AM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
All 3 that I've had barely had the nozzles tacked in with glue, and just on one side. I was able to just pull them out by hand. But like John said, use a sharp knife to cut through the glue if necessary.

Pat
Oct 21, 2019, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Thanks, I just wanted to see if there was anything specific anyone did or a trick to it. I pulled slightly but stopped after they wouldn't come out, didn't want to rip the foam. I'll just take my time and work them out slowly.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
I bought a set of exhaust nozzles from Dirty Dee (thank you!) that I need to install. I took the engine nacelles apart and the stock nozzles seem to be glued in. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to loosen them up so them can be removed?
The stock nozzles are only glued on one side of the nacelles so that it is easy to remove one side to access the internals (ESC, EDF, etc.)

The upper vertical stabilizer decals are the second hardest (IMO) to put on the a/c They are thick and don't like to follow the contour of the top of the vertical stabilizers.

I'd really check those decals out closely. Mine had a bottom sheet and a top sheet. I removed the bottom sheet and dabbed them in water so they wouldn't stick right away so I could get them all lined up good first before they stuck. Once they stuck good, I could then pull off the clear plastic sheet. Granted, I did mine over a year ago so they may have changed the decals. Just look closely though to be sure. It doesn't sound right that you would have to cut out the center of the windshield decal.
Oct 23, 2019, 06:54 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ultimatetwo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
It's not a problem, no big deal. For the decal on the vertical stab it just would not go all the way around the edge no matter what I did or how much Micro Sol I tried. I even put cuts into it so it would fold down better, but in the end it was far easier to paint the entire tip of the fin and then just cut the lighting bolts close and apply them. The differences between the colors is practically invisible. I had read down through most posts on this thread, and there are a lot, and I came across a lot of good info, and also the color paint that matches the blue on those decals here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5635

That user has been very helpful, and his version of the A-10 looks fantastic. I'm going to be weathering mine in a similar fashion, but if anyone has any useful hints or tip for me or anyone please let us know. I'm going to be curious to hear the answer on the window decal. May have to write to motionrc and see what they say.
Tx so much for those kindly words buddy... one does what could...find this thread and most whose posted absolutly essencial for a sucessfully and enjoyable flights with this amazing bird and like to pay off somethings that may help to others users... these finishing tech are done with easy to find and not too expensive investment and goals are almost on par with airbrushing techs..all my best.
Manolo.
Oct 27, 2019, 12:07 PM
Registered User
Your F-22 looks great!

I have a couple questions about the nose gear. Mine has a lot of wobble in it, and it sounds to me by reading through here mine is not unique. Is there a fix for this?
Also, when I cycle my nose gear using a servo tester hooked to the receiver landing gear lead everything works great - door opens, gear comes down and locks. When I cycle it to retract the gear retracts into the plane but the gear door does not close. I've unhooked the gear door servo and cycled it and it works fine in both directions, so why would it not close when I cycle the gear up? Like I said I'm only doing this with a servo tester so perhaps its not getting a signal somehow to close. I do not have the wings on the plane during this testing so perhaps the mains not being hooked up has something to do with it? I wouldn't think should affect it, but guess it could be.
Oct 27, 2019, 12:45 PM
Registered User
Nose gear brace helps a lot with this. Can be found in the electric Jets classifieds. Wobble that is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
Your F-22 looks great!

I have a couple questions about the nose gear. Mine has a lot of wobble in it, and it sounds to me by reading through here mine is not unique. Is there a fix for this?
Also, when I cycle my nose gear using a servo tester hooked to the receiver landing gear lead everything works great - door opens, gear comes down and locks. When I cycle it to retract the gear retracts into the plane but the gear door does not close. I've unhooked the gear door servo and cycled it and it works fine in both directions, so why would it not close when I cycle the gear up? Like I said I'm only doing this with a servo tester so perhaps its not getting a signal somehow to close. I do not have the wings on the plane during this testing so perhaps the mains not being hooked up has something to do with it? I wouldn't think should affect it, but guess it could be.
Oct 27, 2019, 06:06 PM
Registered User
Here was my stock nose gear, pretty sloppy, I added a brace to the trunion.
A10Gear (0 min 18 sec)
Oct 27, 2019, 11:25 PM
Registered User
Wobble is caused by parts manufactured out of tolerance. A 5mm shaft will wobble in a 5.5mm hole and the shorter the hole, the worst the wobble is. Simple geometry. Solution: cut a piece of aluminum from a soft drink can and wrap it around the shaft to take out the wobble. This is a trial and error process, but it works.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools