Dec 01, 2016, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps
That is awesome to hear! I'll still need to tell the CFO where the funds went but at least it won't be as much!
Now where do I put it.....need to thin out my fleet a bit by April...dang Chinese New Year!
Tell her that you're the CEO and that you over ride her decision. See how that goes
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2016, 05:12 PM
making a list of items to sell at perry ga in march ,,,, agree with most here ,,, lets use the left stick (mode 2) on this one,
Dec 01, 2016, 05:13 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000
Tell her that you're the CEO and that you over ride her decision. See how that goes
You're single, aren't you?
Dec 01, 2016, 05:14 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Lol
Dec 01, 2016, 05:18 PM
Quote:
You will be after that comment... Hahaha.. Or you'll be sleeping in the Doghouse..
Dec 01, 2016, 05:21 PM
Foam abuser!
Pic from the Hobby Squawk thread:

Looks like the standard wing half with two screws. I think the wiring will also be a single harness from each wing that will plug into a board in the fuse if I recall the previous comments correctly.

Pat
Dec 01, 2016, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Pic from the Hobby Squawk thread:

Looks like the standard wing half with two screws. I think the wiring will also be a single harness from each wing that will plug into a board in the fuse if I recall the previous comments correctly.

Pat
Would be like on the HSD viper...Better hope it's a good fit otherwise it's a total PITA to get the screws in to secure the wings..
Dec 01, 2016, 05:31 PM
Quote:
LOL! naw...married for 10+ years. I learned early that being the CEO meant squat.
Dec 01, 2016, 05:33 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
You guys need to water your balls :

Married 32 years...
Dec 01, 2016, 05:38 PM
ok back to the A10. Here are some more info from the Hobby Squawk thread by Alpha @ MotionRC to go with that photo of the underside:

Here's a shot of the underside showing the model's size. Note, this model is molded EPO from August, not the CNC prototype from May. There are a few changes we've made since then.

1. The spoked wheel hubs shown are only for testing. The production model will have accurate A-10 wheel hubs.
2. The two nose doors are full coverage, unlike the smaller 64mm that only uses the rear door. On this 80mm A-10, the front door is servo actuated. The main struts' doors are not installed on this particular model. The nose strut is correctly offset.
3. The pylons can be slid off the wings, and ordnance interchanged among the hardpoints. This is the same design as the 90mm F-16. No glue or magnets are used.
4. The AN/ALQ-131 ECM Pod is obviously on the wrong pylon. This flight was to evaluate handling if ordnance was only on one wing and nothing on the other. We were going to model the ALQ-119 or slightly larger -184, but its shape is simple that it's easy enough for a modeler to fabricate his/herself, so we chose the more complex ALQ-131 instead. The ALQ-131 also fits more of our intended liveries.
5. The wing and rudder servos are large 25g servos and the two elevators will likely be larger. Probably 32g or 40g.
6. The ESCs are currently 130A. Plenty of headroom on the Stock 80mm setup (which usually uses an 80A ESC) and the Upgrade 90mm setups we're testing. Big UBEC to power everything.
7. Note the plywood gas
Dec 01, 2016, 06:22 PM
target price is less than the F-14! according to motionrc
Dec 01, 2016, 06:28 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000
ok back to the A10. Here are some more info from the Hobby Squawk thread by Alpha @ MotionRC to go with that photo of the underside:

Here's a shot of the underside showing the model's size. Note, this model is molded EPO from August, not the CNC prototype from May. There are a few changes we've made since then.

1. The spoked wheel hubs shown are only for testing. The production model will have accurate A-10 wheel hubs.
2. The two nose doors are full coverage, unlike the smaller 64mm that only uses the rear door. On this 80mm A-10, the front door is servo actuated. The main struts' doors are not installed on this particular model. The nose strut is correctly offset.
3. The pylons can be slid off the wings, and ordnance interchanged among the hardpoints. This is the same design as the 90mm F-16. No glue or magnets are used.
4. The AN/ALQ-131 ECM Pod is obviously on the wrong pylon. This flight was to evaluate handling if ordnance was only on one wing and nothing on the other. We were going to model the ALQ-119 or slightly larger -184, but its shape is simple that it's easy enough for a modeler to fabricate his/herself, so we chose the more complex ALQ-131 instead. The ALQ-131 also fits more of our intended liveries.
5. The wing and rudder servos are large 25g servos and the two elevators will likely be larger. Probably 32g or 40g.
6. The ESCs are currently 130A. Plenty of headroom on the Stock 80mm setup (which usually uses an 80A ESC) and the Upgrade 90mm setups we're testing. Big UBEC to power everything.
7. Note the plywood gas
*squeal!!!*
Dec 01, 2016, 06:31 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Well... it's not as big as I wanted and doesn't appear to have the 3 piece wing I was hoping for. But, I'll most likely still wind up owning one.
Latest blog entry: Current Health Conditions
Dec 01, 2016, 06:34 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
eyeballing this closely....Yeah buddy...BIG A10
Dec 01, 2016, 06:37 PM
It's watts for dinner
Love it. Want it. And I must say now, I love the trend of easily-removable wings.

I turned in my leased 2013 Tacoma last year and have had to leverage a smallish coupe as my primary transport to and from the field. I have been astounded what I can fit in that car with the seats down, but it does require the wings being taken off pretty much all things bigger than 1100mm.

Having the quick-connect easily-removable wings really is a MAJOR consideration in terms of what I buy, and what I don't.

Great job MRC - you guys have completely redefined the foamy RC world (in conjunction with your carefully-cultivated partners of course) since you burst onto the scene a couple-three years back.

And now, as we are wont to say... take my d*mn money.

Quick Reply