Dec 01, 2016, 09:46 AM
Debbie downer (they call me Eeyore so I understand completely!) although you make some very valid points that I agree with 100%. I'm sure they'll take care of us. Heck, they've got to be able to sell them!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2016, 09:54 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
well dang....this looks awesome lol. stop making such awesome models lol! now that motion is in full swing, I need counceling to cope with all my want pre production model looks freakin awesome...and man, killer size to boot
Dec 01, 2016, 10:03 AM
I sure hope they do the big three color schemes of dark Green (early 80's Euro scheme), Tan (Desert Storm scheme) and current gray scheme.
Dec 01, 2016, 10:05 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by N65603
I sure hope they do the big three color schemes of dark Green (early 80's Euro scheme), Tan (Desert Storm scheme) and current gray scheme.
80's European would be great but I'll take whatever they come up with.

Mike
Dec 01, 2016, 10:06 AM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Awesome! I am so happy this is a reality! Perfect size!
Dec 01, 2016, 10:07 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps
It looks like they are giving everyone their wish on this Hog. I wonder what price it will cost for all these bells and whistles. Not to mention the cost of the 90mm upgrade pods. Look at it like this, Motion wants $129 just for one stock fan with motor and another $94 for the ESC now take that times 2 plus the cost of the nacelles and you talking a $500 upgrade. With the size of this thing and the extra cost to ship, I would not be surprised if this doesn't come in at $800 for the 80mm PNP. It's awesome for sure, but may come at a price. I certainly hope that is not the case and they price it like the F-14 $579 and make the 90mm a reasonable price.
No one is going to buy an $800 foamie. The F-14 is much more complex than the A-10; I expect similar pricing to the F-14 due to size. Let's be positive and have faith in MRC to price it right.... they have yet to let us down. They probably don't even know yet if they're still flying a white/unpainted/unfinished model.
Dec 01, 2016, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
No one is going to buy an $800 foamie.
Tell that to HSD F-16 owners! They are now back ordered throughout the world and people are ready to chop off their right finger to get one
Dec 01, 2016, 10:27 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Tell that to HSD F-16 owners! They are now back ordered throughout the world and people are ready to chop off their right finger to get one
Oh wow, is that how much they cost? I had no idea!
Dec 01, 2016, 10:37 AM
Finally!!!!!

Any chance we can get a picture of the nose? Always seems that is the one area that is very frequently modeled incorrectly.
Dec 01, 2016, 10:39 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
Quote:
Debbie downer (they call me Eeyore so I understand completely!) although you make some very valid points that I agree with 100%. I'm sure they'll take care of us. Heck, they've got to be able to sell them!
I didn't mean to be a downer, I'm just trying to figure out how much money I'm gonna have to save and explain to my wife when it goes missing from the Checking account! Unfortunately, HSD already set the precedent (and price) with the 105mm F-16 for large foam and I really hope FW doesn't see this model as that price of bird. Remember when the 90mm Eurofighter (and later the F-18) came out at $400 from Hobby Lobby? Everyone freaked and said there is no way they would pay that for foam. Those birds are still around I know I've owned each twice. We're paying $500 now for single tricked out 90mm planes regularly and until recently almost $600 for the F-14. My gut says this is F-14 priced as there isn't a swing wing (F-14) or custom gear (F-16) or a gyro (F-104) that would drive the cost up. It's just more foam and foam is CHEAP.

As for colors I hope they skip Gray all together. It's hard to see and honestly just boring. I want the desert camo or green camo.

If they are still deciding on how the wing's will attach, my vote is to have them outside the gear pods. That way only only an aileron and outboard flap would need to be connected and the rest of the plane can sit on the gear.
Dec 01, 2016, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
Oh wow, is that how much they cost? I had no idea!
Well, you're talking about a 105mm also so that has a little something to do with it, along with some really nice scale landing gear. Imagine an A-10 in that size.
Dec 01, 2016, 10:49 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps
I didn't mean to be a downer, I'm just trying to figure out how much money I'm gonna have to save and explain to my wife when it goes missing from the Checking account! Unfortunately, HSD already set the precedent (and price) with the 105mm F-16 for large foam and I really hope FW doesn't see this model as that price of bird. Remember when the 90mm Eurofighter (and later the F-18) came out at $400 from Hobby Lobby? Everyone freaked and said there is no way they would pay that for foam. Those birds are still around I know I've owned each twice. We're paying $500 now for single tricked out 90mm planes regularly and until recently almost $600 for the F-14. My gut says this is F-14 priced as there isn't a swing wing (F-14) or custom gear (F-16) or a gyro (F-104) that would drive the cost up. It's just more foam and foam is CHEAP.

As for colors I hope they skip Gray all together. It's hard to see and honestly just boring. I want the desert camo or green camo.

If they are still deciding on how the wing's will attach, my vote is to have them outside the gear pods. That way only only an aileron and outboard flap would need to be connected and the rest of the plane can sit on the gear.
I'd prefer the grey but as long as it's a scale color scheme I'm fine with it... unless it's the green camo. Just don't like the way it looks.
Dec 01, 2016, 10:52 AM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Motion,

Do we have any month/season ranges on ETA?
Dec 01, 2016, 10:54 AM
Foam abuser!
I think we should see pricing similar to the F-14, maybe a slight increase to $599 if the motor is upgraded like on the new Mig-21. I can't see this being $800.

And we saw what happened with the HSD F-16. First it was $900, sales were slow, and it was dropped to a "special" price under $700 for a while. Just checked Dragon Hobby, site says they have 3 in stock.

Pat
Dec 01, 2016, 11:01 AM
Agree with swps about gear, that would be awesome but difficult to build in without becoming porky. I'm a turbine flyer and we own 5 between my son and I. The thing that turns me off about all these beautiful EDF jets is the short flight time and battery packs in general. We bought some high C rated, at the time, Turnigy's and they puffed after a few flights despite our VERY careful management never taking below 80% and storing in a storage level. We were flying the E Flite Hawk and the Hobby Lobby F-18. I'm sure technology has greatly improved via the Heli guys but I don't think I'd ever try it again without one of the super Hi C rated TP packs. Seems like these EDF's are battery killers!

Quick Reply