Jan 11, 2017, 01:15 PM
Retired US Navy
Please remember that using model rocket motors certain ways on model aircraft are against the AMA code and hence not allowed at AMA sanctioned fields. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2017, 01:17 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
I figured take a small edf unit, like the UMX habu fan, use that in an inlet scoop, even one further back in the plane. Outlet of the fan pushes forward into the inlet vents of the vape unit, which accomplishes with positive pressure what sucking on the mouthpiece would do. Then the mouthpiece can be located with it's opening near the mouth of the cannon.
Jan 11, 2017, 01:24 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
Please remember that using model rocket motors certain ways on model aircraft are against the AMA code and hence not allowed at AMA sanctioned fields. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer...
I already considered that, thanks for the reminder Evan. Would definitely make sure it was in compliance with the AMA. I know engines are allowed but I'll check the code for sure before doing anything.
Jan 11, 2017, 01:51 PM
I hate waiting for parts
I'm good as far as AMA Safety Code is concerned. This is taken from their Safety Code -

Quote:
Rocket motors (using solid propellant) up to a G-series size may be used provided they remain attached to the model during flight. Model rockets may
be flown in accordance with the National Model Rocketry Safety Code but may not be launched from model aircraft.
And since the motor will remain attached, that will satisfy their safety requirements.
Jan 11, 2017, 02:01 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
I fly G's on my rockets I'd love to see one on a airplane.

Mike
Jan 11, 2017, 03:09 PM
And the rocket would have the bonus effect of modeling the GAU-8's 9,000 lb recoil.
Jan 11, 2017, 03:36 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
I'm good as far as AMA Safety Code is concerned. This is taken from their Safety Code -

And since the motor will remain attached, that will satisfy their safety requirements.
If this is a success, will you make me one lol. It would look great in that venom of yours
Jan 11, 2017, 07:51 PM
Fly it like you're in it
With regards to the weak vape discharge.
You could always have the exit tube bent 90 degrees or more facing down or back some,( on the underside of the cannon) to eliminate the need for elaborate fans and such.
Jan 11, 2017, 08:18 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
It looks like this has turned into the vapor thread.

For those new to the thread, here's images of the e-cigarette....I mean Freewing Twin 80mm A-10!
Jan 11, 2017, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy

For those new to the thread, here's images of the e-cigarette....I mean Freewing Twin 80mm A-10!
I'd vape that
Jan 11, 2017, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhowzit
I'd vape that
I would too!! I love that heavy grey cloud A10 indica. Yeah baaaaby. Funny there is a strain called A10 also knows as warthog. No joke ha
Jan 11, 2017, 08:30 PM
Higher & higher...
Quote:

Thanks for the pics Tony. Question, are the main landing gear pods separate pieces attached to the wing? They kinda' look like they are.
Jan 11, 2017, 08:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

Lookin real good!!
Jan 11, 2017, 08:33 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Rjd-They are and glued on at the factory, I'd assume.
Jan 11, 2017, 08:53 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Man, what a beast!!!

Quick Reply