Mar 20, 2017, 06:50 PM
Lookin' up at the centerline
Stab/elevator is ready to cover.
Bottom wing is real close to being ready to cover.
Top wing next....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2017, 11:23 PM
Starting my Spring build here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...S&goto=newpost
Mar 27, 2017, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergall
Very cool. Looking forward to seeing this one. What size motor are you planning on?
Mar 27, 2017, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaFlyer
Very cool. Looking forward to seeing this one. What size motor are you planning on?
I'll post the details there.
Mar 28, 2017, 09:46 PM
Foam is good.
Well, I tried to maiden my Sport Cub on Sunday and it was "gone in 60 seconds." Did everything wrong. It wasnt ready and neither was I so I only have myself to blame. Wind was a factor and I lost orientation trying to trim going downwind and I went right when I should have gone left...Right into the trees. Fuse is a write off. Too much missing to glue it back. The electronics survived unscathed. Didn't even break the prop. So, im looking for a model to use the Park 480 in.

I guess I also need to take a step back re-learn how to fly big sky. I have only done proximity flying over the past year or so. My eyesight and reaction time is not great and I need to figure out my limits and most of all... learn the field. I will probably need some help as I get back into it. A spotter might help. I have several models to work on but I think a Slow Stick might help get me back in the air and get some confidence going. I have one but i'm going to do a new wing and motor. I can also try to fly my EPP Flash and a slow flying Hacker wing. I have a few more models that need something or another to get going.

Let me know what you think about what to do with the Park 480 combo. The Taylorcraft 450 seems nice but is a little expensive. http://www.horizonhobby.com/EFL2625?...WggaAk718P8HAQ

Any other suggestions about where to start?

I also have:

Mini Ultra Stick
PZ Visionaire
PZ P-51
Conscendo S glider
3D hobby shop EBT
Wing Dragon 4 (my first plane)
Tuffwing 24 (too small and fast for now)

The rest is small, light 3D stuff (30-32), a few scratchbuilds and some indoor depron planes.

Thanks,

John
Mar 29, 2017, 05:01 PM
I think I've seen one or two people at the field with that Taylorcraft? I think Darrell has one? Hopefully, one of them will post as well.

From what I have seen of that airplane, it is the opposite of what you want.

I would recommend something bigger? Maybe a Fun Cub, an Apprentice, or a Timber? Or maybe the Hobbyking Tundra?
Mar 29, 2017, 05:30 PM
Just saw the WTB ad for a T-28 - great choice!
Mar 29, 2017, 06:54 PM
Foam is good.
Found a Timber for a great price but still looking for an old T-28.

Update!! My buddy Buzz_Man (he sold me the Sport Cub I crashed) has offered to help me out. He has a Hawker Sea Fury that I can use the 480 system in! So I should be back in business soon. I also need to fix up my old Mini Ultra Stick. Couple of popsicle sticks and it should be GTG. Unplanned landing with that one on a brown out at the Pecan Patch. So guess we're kind of into Spring building now... Maybe a new thread is in order.
Last edited by HomeDaddy; Mar 29, 2017 at 09:26 PM.
Mar 29, 2017, 09:52 PM
I have at least three airplanes that need maintenance now as well. Kadet Senior is ready to test the engine, and then maybe fly? (Still needs balancing though, but I have stick-on weights!)
Mar 30, 2017, 05:08 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Thread OP
HomeDaddy, i have a slightly beat up Bird dog that i'm going to let you finish off AND i'm going to build you a new one, the wing is done just need to make a fuse. this is the FFF profile Bird dog from the scratch build foamies section. My first plane was a slowstick and my second plane was a FFF Bird dog. I had a lot worry free fun with that plane. Was also my first night flyer.
Mar 30, 2017, 05:16 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Thread OP

FFF Bird Dog

Beat up but ready for a pounding.
Mar 30, 2017, 08:16 PM
Foam is good.
You guys are the best. This kind of stuff is the real reason I joined a club. The comeraderie, the brotherhood, friendships new and old, and a common interest in such a cool hobby. Thanks and lets hope for this wind to let up sometime soon.

See ya at the rock.
Mar 30, 2017, 08:31 PM
Foam is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggiba
Beat up but ready for a pounding.
Cool! I'm sure I have electronics and batteries for it.

Thanks E
Mar 31, 2017, 05:07 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Thread OP
You will not need anything but a TX. This one has a geared brushed motor, the new one will have a brushless one. I'm going to be at the field both days this weekend, looking a little windy for you to try the Bird Dog. Let me know when and if you are going to the field this weekend so I can bring it.
Mar 31, 2017, 05:38 PM
Foam is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggiba
You will not need anything but a TX. This one has a geared brushed motor, the new one will have a brushless one. I'm going to be at the field both days this weekend, looking a little windy for you to try the Bird Dog. Let me know when and if you are going to the field this weekend so I can bring it.
Will do! Ive got a few blue wonders for it if you want to use that for the motor.

Quick Reply