Nov 30, 2016, 06:19 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Nardi Riviera

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience of building / flying one of these. Particularly concerning the length of the float struts, (my three view is a bit wonky on this). The only other model I can find on the net, (and it was a beauty), came to a sticky end in the Netherlands. I think the throttle jammed full on at takeoff and engine eventually seized.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2016, 07:16 PM
boat butcher
Cool airplane. hadn't heard of this one before .

Mark
Dec 01, 2016, 06:05 AM
oops double post my pc glitched
Last edited by Airboatflyingshp; Dec 01, 2016 at 06:11 AM.
Dec 01, 2016, 06:09 AM
Its in the sticky Goon

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=190

Nice design Seabee nose, twinboom pusher rear with trike UC and quite a performer in its day. Jet set single and partner in time to the Piaggio pusher twin Amphibian.

Mustang whats the details on your model version.
Dec 01, 2016, 06:33 AM
I like the pilot.
Latest blog entry: TopFlite DC3
Dec 01, 2016, 10:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
I like the pilot.
She's called Barbietta, I've sent Matel my plans for her plane to go with her stable and garage. I haven't heard back from them yet.
The plane is 76 inch wingspan, will probably come out just north of 10lbs using a 50-55x500r/v motor on a 6s5000 Li-po driving a 15x8 three blade prop. If Matel come on board they could probably knock them out for a hundred bucks a pop. I'm not holding my breath though.
Dec 01, 2016, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
I like the pilot.
Artreis there's stereotypes and injection molding
Last edited by Airboatflyingshp; Dec 01, 2016 at 05:35 PM.
Dec 01, 2016, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwally
She's called Barbietta, I've sent Matel my plans for her plane to go with her stable and garage. I haven't heard back from them yet.
The plane is 76 inch wingspan, will probably come out just north of 10lbs using a 50-55x500r/v motor on a 6s5000 Li-po driving a 15x8 three blade prop. If Matel come on board they could probably knock them out for a hundred bucks a pop. I'm not holding my breath though.
Ditch everything from the armpits down- use polystyrene .. keep the AUW down and she will fly much nicer..LOL
Dec 01, 2016, 07:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboatflyingshp
ditch everything from the armpits down- use polystyrene .. Keep the auw down and she will fly much nicer..lol
Philistine!!!
Dec 02, 2016, 04:17 PM
LOl... look on it as plastic surgery ....... Barbies seen that done that and spawned a million t shirts and a few wannabes ask Ken
Last edited by Airboatflyingshp; Dec 02, 2016 at 04:49 PM.
Dec 02, 2016, 04:21 PM
Alternatively its a way of adding ballast to the nose though somewhat off center...

The dutch version came to grief because the standard control rod quick link clevis came open in flight.. I thought it was linked to a control surface as the model was electric. http://www.gradivarius.nl/riviera.html

Googlied https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...l/&prev=search but the translator confirms it was a Gas model .... another argument in favor of E power perhaps.

Whilst sadly the Riviera went west it looks like Barbies gone east these days http://a320theairliner.deviantart.co...orld-632204856
Last edited by Airboatflyingshp; Dec 02, 2016 at 04:47 PM.
Dec 02, 2016, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboatflyingshp
LOl... look on it as plastic surgery ....... Barbies seen that done that and spawned a million t shirts ask Ken
You're more right than you could know, Barbietta had major hip and knee surgery to enable her to sit in a seat.
I've still not heard from Matel.
Dec 03, 2016, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
Just love the Riviera. Such a beautiful design. If somehow i can fit 72 hrs in one day would like to design and build one

Cheers,

Bart

Thanks for the pictures Bart, I have most of them but some of the close-ups and the fourth from last picture are particularly handy. I agree it's a design which still looks pretty good today, sixty years later. What did it for me was the thought that in the fifties here in Britain we were building three nuclear capable bombers while in Italy this guy decided that what the world really needed was a 'Luxury, four seater, touring amphibian', and I'm glad he did.
Gradivarius built a beauty from his plan but it's just a bit too big for me, his was a work of art, mine will only be a 'stand-off (quite-a-long-way) scale' job. However, I hope mine lasts a good deal longer.
Jan 08, 2017, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
My Riviera is now about 4 weeks from first flight, (weather permitting). I really would like to hear from anyone with experience of flying one of these or perhaps a See-Bee which has a very similar layout
W/S 72" ; Take-off weight 11lbs ; 6s5000 Li-po ; 80amp ESC ; Turnigy 50 x 55 x 430r/v motor; 14x8x3 blade prop.

Quick Reply