Aug 19, 2019, 07:36 PM
I bought the v2 board and wing connectors, hopefully it works, should arrive this week.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 08:03 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
I am happy to report my fix worked perfectly. I took her out hunting on Sunday and the gear never failed.

Gravy
Aug 20, 2019, 12:12 PM
OK looks like the connectors will fit, but I will have to carve a bit of plastic. Does the sequencer only control the light on the nose gear? Would it be ok to remove it an connect the two cables with a Y instead? I want to remove all possible points of failure first, then if everything works I'll add the sequencer.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:49 AM
I had problems with my front retract after a few hard knocks and found the trunnion forks to have bent slightly causing a interference fit/binding of the mechanism that drives the trunnion. Spread them slightly with a cold chisel and now work perfectly again. Basically check the cylindrical part is free to move in the trunion.
Aug 21, 2019, 08:26 PM
Sort of got it working. The rudders and the gear dont work at all though sooo.... I think I connected something wrong, the gear did work when I accidentally had it connected to the aileron channel.
Aug 23, 2019, 07:38 PM
Got it all hooked up now. Except The gear is still doing weird things. Getting rid of the sequencer helped, now only one of them is acting up, for now at least. I did 10 cycles and it came down 9 out of 10 tries. I tried lowering the voltage but that made things worse. I think I'll just go with it for now. For those who have had issues with the gear, do you think it's better to land with one up or all of them up? The only other thing I can try before buying new retracts is hooking them all to different channels since I'm pretty sure individually they work fine. I'd actually like to have all the servos on separate channels, that will be expensive though as I'd need a new radio lol.
Aug 23, 2019, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert1
Got it all hooked up now. Except The gear is still doing weird things. Getting rid of the sequencer helped, now only one of them is acting up, for now at least. I did 10 cycles and it came down 9 out of 10 tries. I tried lowering the voltage but that made things worse. I think I'll just go with it for now. For those who have had issues with the gear, do you think it's better to land with one up or all of them up? The only other thing I can try before buying new retracts is hooking them all to different channels since I'm pretty sure individually they work fine. I'd actually like to have all the servos on separate channels, that will be expensive though as I'd need a new radio lol.
Landing all gears up saves Destruction.. lol..Make sure you fly without the Penny Pod..Intermittent Retracts was why I modded my Mains to Freewing ones.. The Front always works but the mains had their own minds..Now my Retracts work 100% of the time.. Very frustrating when one has to Belly land regularly..
Aug 24, 2019, 07:00 PM
For anyone wondering about using the v2 connectors in the v1:

It's doable but does require some work. The connector on the wing requires some foam to be carved out of the hole to make room for the extra wires, not a big deal. The connector mounts very nicely, though you do need to drill 2 holes. The mounting blocks for the original connectors need to be trimmed very slightly and it slides right in. The one on the side of the fuse is a different story though. You need to widen the hole by about half a centimeter on each side which requires lot's of plastic to be removed. It's not structural or anything but does take some time. I also completely cut off the mounting blocks as they too would have needed to be trimmed but that would be very difficult. Furthermore, there is no way to mount them, so that one will need to stay loose which is fine. I suppose you could glue it in with some gorilla glue while the wing is on, but IMO that could potentially lead to an inferior connection. Replacing the board also takes some time, so if I had to to do it all over again, I think I would go for extensions, though the connectors are really nice.
Aug 27, 2019, 10:17 PM
AMA#900532
I ended up buying a new wing set, my gear mounts didnt do as i had hoped
Aug 29, 2019, 01:52 AM
Can't remember if I asked this before bit looking for a recommendation for a drop in replacement front strut.

There time's now my A-10 has been randomly bounced into the air due to the stock front strut not being fit for grass op's resulting in mains gear removal at lift off (resulting bounce back to earth) and then other damage with the forced belly landings thereafter.

Hellhathnofury if I remember correctly you upgraded yours, was it literally a drop in replacement.

The only gripe I have with the v1 is this issue, a small bump sends the nose into the air before flying speed once in a blue moon.
Last edited by raydar; Aug 29, 2019 at 02:51 AM.
Aug 29, 2019, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Can't remember if I asked this before bit looking for a recommendation for a drop in replacement front strut.

There time's now my A-10 has been randomly bounced into the air due to the stock front strut not being fit for grass op's resulting in mains gear removal at lift off (resulting bounce back to earth) and then other damage with the forced belly landings thereafter.

Hellhathnofury if I remember correctly you upgraded yours, was it literally a drop in replacement.

The only gripe I have with the v1 is this issue, a small bump sends the nose into the air before flying speed once in a blue moon.
It was off the 90mm F-15 Front Trailing link.. Had to drill out the strut hole to 5mm ..
Aug 29, 2019, 07:59 AM
Cheers, now ordered. Love this plane but the complete randomness of the front bouncing at take off is killing me slowly inside lol. It was quickly becoming a hack due to damage occurred from random take off bounces.

Fingers crossed this is the solution.
Last edited by raydar; Aug 29, 2019 at 08:15 AM.
Aug 31, 2019, 02:28 AM
Another Aussie
My hog has not been out much lately, but today made up from weeks of no truffle hunting. Hardest decesion today was which way to take off and land and how much extra crispy bacon to collect, not even a hint of a truffle, way to dry here for any truffles to survive . Great day all round for models today
Sep 01, 2019, 06:15 PM
Well, now that you know ...
So will this drop in?

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...nding-gear-set

I take it you modified this?

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...trut-and-wheel

thanks
Sep 03, 2019, 07:00 AM
The last link is what I have ordered but from aliexpress.

In hindsight probably have something at hand that I could have used but will wait till it arrives.

Quick Reply