May 17, 2019, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Icarus. On the flip side, might be a reason for you to buy the newer version.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 09:58 PM
Dang. Sorry Icarus. I have always stuck with the internal BEC,with no problems.
On another note,i took my big 'ole Sal Hog out today for its (to me)maiden flight.
My 6s batteries haven't arrived from HKing yet,so,my friend that maidens all my planes(this guy could fly a rock)brought his "slightly swollen "6s,5400 with him. Hmmmmmm,need i go on?
Yep,i must!!@ lol One flight of extremely, extremely crispy bacon(including a chrispy battery),and,my Hog landed with extreme ease. BUT,my canopy myst have seen a bunch of truffles, because its STILL out in the field,feasting on the finest of South Carolina truffles.
Good news,my retract rebuild AND my ball link on the steering arm worked great.
May 17, 2019, 10:35 PM
My canopy used eat a lot of Truffles due to fuse bending until I added Magnets & c/f rods .. Now it sits better than a Hog in swill..
May 18, 2019, 01:09 AM
lost my canopy a few times, even on greaser landings on grass. Need to shim it out a bit.

Separate yep 20a bec on mine, these seem to be cheap and pretty reliable as I have a few and all been faultless.
May 19, 2019, 01:55 AM
Another Aussie
Sad to see a hog when the truffles won, Looks repairable? with a few wires and a lot of glue
No chance of Crispy bacon or truffle hunting for my Hog, it stays home when the wind is 25 kmhr gusting 35
May 19, 2019, 05:40 AM
Dirk
Mine had a similar unplanned meeting with the ground recently.
I hit a bump on take off and lost a rear retract, completely shearing off the cable at the base of the retract. I kept flying circuits, and planned to make a belly landing, however I suddenly lost all control, and it speared into the ground directly in front of the flight box.
From what we can work out, the two exposed wires from the missing retract shorted out the receiver, causing a loss of control.
May 19, 2019, 10:18 AM
Ouch, sorry to see that Dirk
May 20, 2019, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk.S
Mine had a similar unplanned meeting with the ground recently.
I hit a bump on take off and lost a rear retract, completely shearing off the cable at the base of the retract. I kept flying circuits, and planned to make a belly landing, however I suddenland y lost all control, and it speared into the ground directly in front of the flight box.
From what we can work out, the two exposed wires from the missing retract shorted out the receiver, causing a loss of control.
I had a similar experience this weekend. I was @ JOE NALL and bought an AVIOS 1450mm SPITFIRE from HK. We were just getting it trimmed up, and suddenly lost power,crashing at the end of the runway.
The culprit was my Lemon rx. Two of the wires going to the satellite had been ever so slightly pulled, causing one or two small wires from the bundle to touch,putting it in "bind mode".
Ouch
May 20, 2019, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike14B25
I had a similar experience this weekend. I was @ JOE NALL and bought an AVIOS 1450mm SPITFIRE from HK. We were just getting it trimmed up, and suddenly lost power,crashing at the end of the runway.
The culprit was my Lemon rx. Two of the wires going to the satellite had been ever so slightly pulled, causing one or two small wires from the bundle to touch,putting it in "bind mode".
Ouch
Sorry to hear man. Don't know if you know but if you have retracts on the 7th channel the low resistance retracts can make the rx go in to bind mode as well. 6th channel = retracts and 7th flaps.
May 20, 2019, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy65
Sorry to hear man. Don't know if you know but if you have retracts on the 7th channel the low resistance retracts can make the rx go in to bind mode as well. 6th channel = retracts and 7th flaps.
I have had hundreds of flts with Retracts on the 7th channel with no issue..I have more than a dozen Jets that the Lemon Stab is used..What do you base your statement on??
May 20, 2019, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
I have had hundreds of flts with Retracts on the 7th channel with no issue..I have more than a dozen Jets that the Lemon Stab is used..What do you base your statement on??
Hope this helps. I didn't know until someone pointed it out and started digging.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5538

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...55&postcount=4

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6215

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3184

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...uctions-thread
May 21, 2019, 10:33 PM
Well,i took the ole sow out for another spin. I built a makeshift canopy out of a few old canopies and left over styrofoam. My Sow came with a "T-Deans ",and i replaced it with an xt60. I put a new Zippy Compact, 4500,6s,40c battery in,and got ready for t/o.
Roll out was nice and slow, and I took about all of the runway up holding a little back pressure as I went. Gradual take off Gear Up and about three-quarters of the way through my first circuit I noticed it I had no engine power, but all control surfaces were working. I was at two mistakes High, so I turned her towards me, drop the flaps, and brought her in on a gentle Glide. She floated like a butterfly with full flaps right in front of us. With the gear still up I went nose High into the high weeds. No damage at all on the jet. After I got back to the bench, I felt and my battery wires were very hot. And the battery was warm and when I tried them, both Motors ran fine. I'm kind of confused about what happened. All my control surfaces worked but the motors didn't while in the air, but on the ground everything worked. I'll let the Motors Run static for about 2 minutes and I ran fine. Has this happened to anyone else?
May 25, 2019, 08:36 AM
Well, it finally happened. After more than a year of flying all three of the retracts came loose on one landing. Was my fault as I accidentally landed in a solid downwind so it came in super fast. The mains didn't actually come loose, just the foam surrounding them. The nose gear did come loose, didn't fall out either though. Anyone know what glue would be best for the plastic mounts. I don't think foam-tac sticks too good to plastic, maybe white gorrilla, not sure how well that sticks to foam though. Since the gear held up for so long I won't put in any plywood just yet.
May 25, 2019, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert1
Well, it finally happened. After more than a year of flying all three of the retracts came loose on one landing. Was my fault as I accidentally landed in a solid downwind so it came in super fast. The mains didn't actually come loose, just the foam surrounding them. The nose gear did come loose, didn't fall out either though. Anyone know what glue would be best for the plastic mounts. I don't think foam-tac sticks too good to plastic, maybe white gorrilla, not sure how well that sticks to foam though. Since the gear held up for so long I won't put in any plywood just yet.
Foam tac stick to foam well. For wood is where you need to add it on a little thick since the wood seems to absorb it a little bit.
May 26, 2019, 01:21 AM
Another Aussie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert1

I used 15min epxoy, they have never moved again, even after bending the nose gear back at 45deg after a big pot hole/crack in the black soil

Quick Reply