New FMS Twin 70mm A-10 ThunderBolt II - RC Groups
Nov 30, 2016, 07:25 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
New Product

New FMS Twin 70mm A-10 ThunderBolt II

Looks like FMS might be bringing out a A-10!!
No details on specs yet.
But some photos just put up on Facebook
Specs Update
Wingspan 1500mm/59.1in
Overall Length:- 1368mm/53.9in
Flying Weight :-Around 4100g
Motor Size:- Inner running Brushless 2860 KV1850 x 2
ESC:- 70A x 2
Servo:- "17g metal digital Servo x 4, 9g metal digital Servo x 5"
CG (center of gravity):- 80-85mm (From Leading Edge)
Recommended Battery:- Li-Po 22.2V 5000mAh 45C
Aileron:- Yes
Elevator:- Yes
Rudder:- Yes
Flaps:- Yes
Retracts:- Yes
Approx. Flying Duration:- 4 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation:- 14+
Experience Level:- Intermediate
Assembly Time:- 20 minutes
Wing Load:- 113.2g/dmē (0.26oz/inē)
Wing Area:- 36.2dmē (561sq.in)

LURCH
I'll update thread as details come in!
Last edited by taz101; Jan 07, 2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Updates
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2016, 08:17 AM
TOPDOG
How big is this one. Was kind of disappointed by Freewings A-10. They put out a bunch of nice large 1.5m size fighters, but they went and shrunk their a10 down to barely 1m.

If this is a good size version I'll definitely be following
Nov 30, 2016, 08:33 AM
I really hope wingspan will be over 60" (1.5m). Judging by the amount of detail, size of screws this seems the case. So maybe 80mm fans?
Can't wait to see more of this bird.
Nov 30, 2016, 08:40 AM
Origami plane maker
yeah,judging by the hefty gear, gotta be bigger than Freewings
Nov 30, 2016, 09:29 AM
Foam abuser!
Probably a twin 70mm to match their new fan offerings. Interesting that FMS is now bringing out some good competition for Freewing. I'll reserve judgement until I see more details.

Pat
Nov 30, 2016, 09:39 AM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Probably a twin 70mm to match their new fan offerings. Interesting that FMS is now bringing out some good competition for Freewing. I'll reserve judgement until I see more details.

Pat
But they also have a new 90mm fan, that AFAIK as of yet has not appeared in any of their models?
Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
Nov 30, 2016, 09:39 AM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Aweeeeee yayahhhhhhh! Great job FMS. Let the friendly competition begin. I love Freewing and FMS planes, so it's great to see companies pumping out some excellent designs.

Large A-10 for the win! As long as it's at least 70mm EDF's, I'm in, and even then that's a little on the small size.

Note to FMS: PLEASE use nylon hinges on all your 70mm EDF and larger jets (and warbirds of similar size for that matter). The foam hinges these days are laughable. Also, please do NOT use the typical funny looking, horrible pilot figures often seen in FMS planes. Honestly, those are two of my pet peeves with FMS.
Nov 30, 2016, 09:49 AM
Quote:

Pat
Maybe this is because FlightlineRC/Freewing started producing warbirds. So, FMS is producing larger EDF jets again and a friendly jab. LOL
Nov 30, 2016, 09:50 AM
On their Facebook they say availability to be in late January.....nice . Then again, we all know how that goes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...34689396557695
Last edited by T-CAT; Nov 30, 2016 at 09:55 AM.
Nov 30, 2016, 10:05 AM
ski bum in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
On their Facebook they say availability to be in late January.....nice . Then again, we all know how that goes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...34689396557695
Oh well, I've been waiting for a good size A-10 for a while, at leas this date will give me a little time to sell some stuff, and figure out how I'm gonna hide this from my parents
Nov 30, 2016, 10:17 AM
After the Tigercat announcements, I'm just waiting to see freewing unveil their twin 80 next week . But if this is twin 70s, I'm definitely interested. Just need to hunt down some empty space to store it..
Nov 30, 2016, 10:33 AM
gravity tester
....looking forward to a newer A-10 with all the updates and tech we've been seeing in the new aircraft (as a person who built out of balsa and covered, this is a great time to be an RC pilot!)....I recently installed twin 80mm 12-bladed fans, Landers LG, and 100A esc's into my ole LX A-10 Hawg, and it breathed a little life into her, but i'd like a new one!
Nov 30, 2016, 10:51 AM
retired ATC
with a one peace wing it will probably be a bit smaller then we all hope for but we can always hope lol at least the wing screws on without the front being tucked into the fuse like freewing does
Nov 30, 2016, 11:10 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
Quote:

Pat
You took the words out of my mouth. Wheel size compared to retract would make me think bigger than a twin 64mm and with their new 70mm Yak release it makes sense. I'm not liking the foam underbody fins, they look too thick.
Nov 30, 2016, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1950
with a one peace wing it will probably be a bit smaller then we all hope for but we can always hope lol at least the wing screws on without the front being tucked into the fuse like freewing does
And why do you think it is a one piece wing?