This thread is privately moderated by Rob Knox, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 30, 2016, 06:17 AM
Captain Coolite
Thread OP
Discussion

Freewing, Flight Line RC P38L

Earlier this year, FL RC released the P38L. The model grabbed my attention, then, the more I saw of it, the more I wanted it. I received a bonus from work, which covered the cost of the model.
It took a while to get to me, but when it did, I got to work assembling. The day came when assembly was completed and I was ready to fly.
Someone gave me a 3 axis gyro / receiver. I figured I'd put it in this model. I didn't have any experience with gyros, so, I had a 50/50 chance of getting it wrong.... and I did. The take off was beautiful, but then the gyro fought me and won, and killed the plane.
Chad from Xtreme Hobby heard about the crash, and provided me with a new, bare airframe.
I transferred the surviving electronics from the old model, to the new one, and got it ready to fly again, this time, sans gyro.
So basically, the axe had a new handle, so I named the plane, Grand Pa's Axe. Callie did the artwork for me, and produced the nose art, and the squadron code letters, which are my initials.
I also got Callie to provide me with 40 'fighter sweep' broom symbols. Every time I fly the model, I add another symbol. ( up to 12 now).

The model is heavy for a foamy, (3.8kilo flying weight) and very powerful. So, despite my 6 years of flying experience, I am still getting used to flying this model. It is great to fly, and does come in nicely for landings. Loops are 'Big Sky', and the rolls are crisp. The model looks fantastic in the air.

The photos will show the first handle (airframe), and then the second handle.
Rob
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply