Unique Models U-Glider 1500mm Wingspan EPO Glider - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 29, 2016, 09:31 PM
New Product

Unique Models U-Glider 1500mm Wingspan EPO Glider

Unique Models U-Glider 1500mm Wingspan EPO Glider PNP

at the moment $99

more pictures and info here:

http://www.banggood.com/Unique-Model...rmmds=categoryhttp://www.banggood.com/Unique-Model...1202332201502Q

Description:
General
Brand Name: Unique Models
Item Name: U-Glider
Material: EPO

Dimension and Weight
Wingspan: 1500mm
Overall Length: 1110mm(43.7in)
Flying Weight: 300g
Wing Load: 14.4g/dmē
Product Weight: 254g
Package Weight: 1018g / 2.24lb
Package Size: 82.5x19.5x2cm(32.5 * 7.7 * 4..7in)

Electronic Devices
Servo: 6g*3
Motor: 2208 2500KV
ESC: 15A(BEC)
Battery: 3S 11.1V 25C 800mAH JST (Not included), Click Here
Propeller: 6040 Folding propeller
Radio System: 2.4G 4CH(Not included), Click Here

Others
CG: 1/5 to 1/3 behind the leading edge of the wing
Approx. Flying Duration: About 20min(More or less is normal)
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14+
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Assembly Time: Few Hours

Features:
Durable EPO material foam construction
Plug-in wing design for easy transport
Come with powerful 2208 2500KV brushless motor and 15A ESC power system
Carbon fiber tail boom keeps the model light while offering excellent rigidity

Note:
This is the PNP version,the transmitter(remote control), receiver, charger and battery are not included.

Package Included:
1x Unique Models U-Glider 1500mm EPO Glider PNP(unassembled)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2016, 09:32 PM
Unique model U-Glider (4 min 8 sec)
Nov 29, 2016, 09:53 PM
Unique model U-Glider ハンドキャッチ (5 min 18 sec)
Nov 30, 2016, 10:26 PM
Computer says No .....
Looks good. Be interested to know how it will fly in strongish winds ........ not slope soaring but on flat ground. Banggood don't have stock right now. Waiting ......

Cheers Stew ...
Dec 05, 2016, 03:50 AM
Suspended Account

What will it fly like without the motor and big battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewjay
Looks good. Be interested to know how it will fly in strongish winds ........ not slope soaring but on flat ground. Banggood don't have stock right now. Waiting ......

Cheers Stew ...
Hi :-)

What will it fly like without the motor and big battery?

I think it would be possible to put a fixed nose cone on it and then it can be a flat field glider.
The big question is how well designed it is and how efficiently it will fly?
Hopefully the AUW can be well under 300g with small RC gear and 4 servos.

Hope it will come to Europe soon because shipping and tax from outside the EU will make it a silly price.
Perhaps Banggood will get it here to the UK.

All the best.

Mal :-)
Dec 07, 2016, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Bond

What will it fly like without the motor and big battery?

I think it would be possible to put a fixed nose cone on it and then it can be a flat field glider.
The big question is how well designed it is and how efficiently it will fly?
Hopefully the AUW can be well under 300g with small RC gear and 4 servos.

Hope it will come to Europe soon because shipping and tax from outside the EU will make it a silly price.
Perhaps Banggood will get it here to the UK.

All the best.

Is it like DLG or something else? I saw many products on banggood, cheap price, free shipping, no idea about the quality. Prefer to buy on the shop.
Dec 11, 2016, 03:32 AM
Teenage Flyer
I'll be waiting for a review, but impatience and Christmas may get to me.
Dec 14, 2016, 03:10 AM
Computer says No .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblin0013
Is it like DLG or something else? I saw many products on banggood, cheap price, free shipping, no idea about the quality. Prefer to buy on the shop.
Don't worry about Banggood, I have over 160 orders from them and only two problems which were fixed up very quickly. One of them they gave me a full credit the other I fixed myself even tho they wanted to send me another one.

All of their planes are very high quality items, I have several as well as many heli's, quads etc.

Large items ship to Australia in about seven days, small items a little longer usually around fourteen to twenty days.

No I don't work for them ..... I'm an Aussie.

Must admit that I could not wait for them to get stock of the FMS Super EZ Trainer so I ordered one from Gearbest.

Cheers Stew ..... P.S. waiting patiently for the U Glider .....
Dec 14, 2016, 04:49 AM
Teenage Flyer
Great! Waiting for your report. Postage to you is probably way faster because you are in Queensland, not Melbourne.
Dec 15, 2016, 07:17 PM

aileron servo

This model looks pretty cool, will probably buy one once I get a bot more info. All the descriptions say 3 servos - so it is probably just one servo tucked in the fuse with a bendy snake going out to both ailerons, would like to see a bit more about this section of the plane.
Dec 22, 2016, 06:36 PM
Teenage Flyer
Got my U-Glider yesterday. Will update.
Dec 23, 2016, 02:45 AM
Suspended Account

Can it be a Flat Field Glider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELICOPTER
Got my U-Glider yesterday. Will update.

Thank you for keeping us updated :-)
Looks like we know what you got for Christmas :-) LOL

From the photos it is visible that there are snakes going out through the wings to the ailerons, with one central servo.
This would mean that there are no flaps possible without a mod to put 2 servos in the wing.
Please confirm the aileron servo setup.

The other points of interest you could help us with please is (assuming fitting a new nose for a flat field glider) :-
How much weight would be needed in the nose if the motor, prop and flight battery were not there, so that it could be just a glider?
What would the air frame weigh without the motor, prop and flight battery?
How clean are the aerodynamics?
What sort of wing section does it have?
How stiff is the air frame along the fus and out along the wings.
If you could advise us on these it would be very helpful.

Have a great Christmas and please let us know how well it goes together and flies?

Photos of the model and assembly would be nice :-)

All the best.

Dec 23, 2016, 04:17 AM
Teenage Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Bond

Thank you for keeping us updated :-)
Looks like we know what you got for Christmas :-) LOL

From the photos it is visible that there are snakes going out through the wings to the ailerons, with one central servo.
This would mean that there are no flaps possible without a mod to put 2 servos in the wing.
Please confirm the aileron servo setup.

The other points of interest you could help us with please is (assuming fitting a new nose for a flat field glider) :-
How much weight would be needed in the nose if the motor, prop and flight battery were not there, so that it could be just a glider?
What would the air frame weigh without the motor, prop and flight battery?
How clean are the aerodynamics?
What sort of wing section does it have?
How stiff is the air frame along the fuse and out along the wings.
If you could advise us on these it would be very helpful.

Have a great Christmas and please let us know how well it goes together and flies?

Photos of the model and assembly would be nice :-)

All the best.

Yes. What you guessed about the Aileron setup is correct. There is one central 6g Servo with noodle linkages. This system is Unreasonably stiff and harsh on the servo, so I didn't even install it. I'll order some servo's for the Ailerons so I can have one on each wing.

The Square carbon tube going out the back is very stiff, and there are two (4mm?) in EACH half wing. The wings are very stiff, but the centre joining system allows a little flex (However, I did not glue the whole wing assembly together like the manual described so I could transport it in future. Nothing scary though.) The wing clamps directly onto the boom in the fuse which makes the back half very strong. The front is reinforced by a Plywood platform which is ok.

All the others I will answer in the review that I will attempt to make. (First review. ) Will post a link shortly.
Dec 23, 2016, 05:20 AM
Suspended Account

Your assessment is brilliant :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELICOPTER
Yes. What you guessed about the Aileron setup is correct. There is one central 6g Servo with noodle linkages. This system is Unreasonably stiff and harsh on the servo, so I didn't even install it. I'll order some servo's for the Ailerons so I can have one on each wing.

The Square carbon tube going out the back is very stiff, and there are two (4mm?) in EACH half wing. The wings are very stiff, but the centre joining system allows a little flex (However, I did not glue the whole wing assembly together like the manual described so I could transport it in future. Nothing scary though.) The wing clamps directly onto the boom in the fuse which makes the back half very strong. The front is reinforced by a Plywood platform which is ok.

All the others I will answer in the review that I will attempt to make. (First review. ) Will post a link shortly.
Tks for your quick response :-)

Your assessment is brilliant :-)

It will be great to see some more details and the build and pics.
This model has been an enigma but you are now making it much more understood.

Your idea to fit wing servos is a great idea.
It won't make much difference to the AUW.

That wing joining is interesting and it will be good to know how it works out.
Personally, I would probably join the wings permanently and put a carbon or glass band round the center section to be sure it does not bend.

I am eagerly awaiting your further posts and observations.

Have a brilliant Crimbo :-) LOL

All the best.

Dec 25, 2016, 07:06 PM
Teenage Flyer

My review is under way.

My review is about half done, and there are a bunch of pictures up so take a look if you want. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...w#post36493404