Mar 17, 2021, 11:55 PM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinebk
Hello,

I was running a radio setup with a R8 Pro with an R4 as a redundancy receiver. I wanted to try doing the same redundancy setup with the RB-10 so I plugged it in as per the manual.

With both receivers working, it works just fine. If I try to unplug the receiver from the RX1 IN port, then everything continues as it should. But if I try to unplug the receiver from the RX2 IN port, then the LED goes red and it essentially goes into failesafe.

This does the same behavior regardless which one of the two receivers (R8 Pro or R4) is connected on either RX1/2 IN port. I have tried re-binding both receivers separately.

I am looking at the telemetry of the RB-10 using the RBSMIX lua script. If I disconnect whatever receiver is on RX2, I see it in the telemetry but nothing is happening for RX1 IN.

This is definitely not the behavior I was expecting and I'm guessing something must be wrong with my setup.

What could I be missing here ?
Hi antoinebk

There will be a firmware update soon for RB-10 to work with ACCESS receivers.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2021, 02:04 AM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Hi antoinebk

There will be a firmware update soon for RB-10 to work with ACCESS receivers.
Hi Andrea, your RB-16 for sure will have same flawed behaviour with ACCESS. Although this one is no longer continued in its actual program, FrSky should also supply an additional ACCESS firmware for it to make it work flawless. There are many users out there flying their models with an RB-16.
Mar 18, 2021, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
Hi Andrea, your RB-16 for sure will have same flawed behaviour with ACCESS. Although this one is no longer continued in its actual program, FrSky should also supply an additional ACCESS firmware for it to make it work flawless. There are many users out there flying their models with an RB-16.
I can confirm
Mar 19, 2021, 04:04 AM
I have tried with different RX with the same result. I don't have any ACCST RX so I can't really give that a try unfortunately.

Frsky has reached out to me via RCGroups which I appreciate. I have seen Andrea's message regarding the firmware upgrade so I'll look out for that as well.
Mar 22, 2021, 07:37 PM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
Need to correct and clarify is the only RB20 needs the specific firmware for working with either ACCESS or ACCST receiver. The new RB30 and RB40 can select the ACCESS/ACCST mode through the LUA script. The RB-10 and RB (the abovementioned RB16) which has only one S.Port can handle work with both ACCST and ACCESS receivers by flashing the latest firmware on the download page. Please be free to contact me when you get the problem.
Apr 09, 2021, 02:29 AM
To give a quick follow-up. I was contacted in private by Andrea who was very helpful in troubleshooting this issue. They have replicated the setup on their side and it seems to work fine with an RB-10.

I have narrowed down the issue to the RX1 IN port of my RB-10 being faulty. I contacted HorusRC and they want me to ship it back to China for warranty. Of course, this makes perfectly no sense given the price of shipping in regards to the price of device so I'll just give up (as is their intent :P).
Apr 09, 2021, 08:20 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
was the RB-10 new ?
Apr 09, 2021, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution
was the RB-10 new ?
Yes absolutely
Apr 09, 2021, 09:25 AM
That is totally unacceptable that you should have to toss your new purchase in the garbage.

Frsky - if your consumers can't depend on you to stand in the gap when a $30 product is defective, how are you going to build enough trust for them to purchase the flagship products at $400-$500? It is entirely unacceptable that in order to support the product, consumers have to spend more than the product is worth on postage to you...especially if this wasn't the consumers fault.

Once again this makes it look like Frsky is literally asking the consumers to cover the cost of Quality assurance and warranty costs THAT IS YOUR JOB not ours.

These smaller purchases are exactly what the consumers uses to evaluate the potential support of larger sales. You are shooting yourself in the foot again.

Quote:
Yes absolutely
Apr 09, 2021, 09:57 AM
Sorry but this is not the problem of Frsky.

If you buy in a local store the costs for a warranty replacement are small. But if you do a cheap international order, you should know, that such replacement involves some larger shipping costs. This is exactly one point why your local store has higher prices, they have to handle such warranty cases ...

A faulty device is always possible. But I also hope Frsky is keeping an eye on the quality!
Apr 09, 2021, 12:59 PM
FJH
FJH
You mean that a buyer has no right and should not expect to get a working, flawless product for his money? Maybe the shop should list and offer two prices for each product, one lower without guarantee and one higher with guarantee, new business model ....
Apr 09, 2021, 02:17 PM
That is not what I have written or what I mean. It is just normal that the buyer has to bring or send the faulty device back to the store/seller. If I buy something oversea I'm aware of this problem.
Apr 09, 2021, 06:47 PM
Quote:
To give a quick follow-up. I was contacted in private by Andrea who was very helpful in troubleshooting this issue. They have replicated the setup on their side and it seems to work fine with an RB-10.

I have narrowed down the issue to the RX1 IN port of my RB-10 being faulty. I contacted HorusRC and they want me to ship it back to China for warranty. Of course, this makes perfectly no sense given the price of shipping in regards to the price of device so I'll just give up (as is their intent :P).
FRSKY has never offered warranty support that covers the cost of shipment of the product back to the store in China. Even for dealers. If you do send it back they will repair/replace it and cover the costs of freight to you.

Most of the sellers in that country that I buy from are the same.

One exception is Hobby King. I have had a number of DOA products and items that arrived with broken parts. Including a FRSKY receiver. All I had to do was prove that the product was faulty (video evidence was good enough) and a replacement was sent at no cost to me.

Given that FRSKY's marginal manufacturing costs have to be much less than what customer's pay, the company might now be large enough to make a huge step towards improving sales by removing some of the consumer risks associated with buying from China and adopting similar policies to Hobby King.

Buyers with a local dealer of course can avoid some of these hassles - but dealers may also require that you send the product back to them.
Apr 09, 2021, 11:18 PM
in my 20 years of flying :

Hobby king - replaced defect -
Great planes replaced a whole kit
Aitronics replaced defects -
Futaba replaced defects -
KST replaced Servos
Hobby People replaced Servos
Castle Replaced ESC's

All at no cost to me after I showed them the defect was theirs.
Apr 10, 2021, 03:33 AM
FJH
FJH
I can add to the list Banggood as well as Gearbest, I had to show them via video the defect of the product and then got either a replacement sent free of cost or at least got part of the money back. I never had to send anything back to the dealer to get a replacement or compensation for the defect.

As buyer of a product I pay for receiving a working, flawless and undamaged product including insured shipment.
Last edited by FJH; Apr 10, 2021 at 06:29 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply