Scratch Build Logging Tug - Page 23 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 13, 2017, 07:36 AM
Thanks Paul, look forward to seeing yours with a splash of colour to.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2017, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert F
Thanks Paul, look forward to seeing yours with a splash of colour to.
Sep 14, 2017, 01:15 AM
This is the other little project that needs doing before work on the tug can re commence. Converting a plastic kit to a fully functioning static diving rc submarine.
Sep 14, 2017, 09:16 AM

Bring your Sub !

Quote:
This is the other little project that needs doing before work on the tug can re commence. Converting a plastic kit to a fully functioning static diving rc submarine.
Cool !

If you can get it done by this weekend, we are having the annual Sub Committee Submarine event at the casting ponds, I will buy you a Beer ! ( )...

9.5 foot 87 pound RC sub (0 min 49 sec)
Sep 14, 2017, 09:30 AM
Robert F, another cool project and a bench that looks like mine! jerryj98501
Sep 15, 2017, 07:16 AM
Funny you should say that Tim, I have organised a similar event this Sunday at My club. Usually have around 40 submarines of all shapes and sizes in attendance.
Sep 20, 2017, 01:13 AM
Ok back to the logging tug. Bull by the horns now, started on the dreaded winch. One of the main focal points on these tugs so no pressure then lol. From basic profile drawing to the gear casing fabricated from mdf then vac formed to sourcing two solder wire reels as the main drum, and the main base starting to take shape.
Sep 20, 2017, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Funny you should say that Tim, I have organised a similar event this Sunday at My club. Usually have around 40 submarines of all shapes and sizes in attendance.
Pictures !

Here is the link to our event last weekend, starts at #5092 ~

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...aybe)!/page340
Sep 20, 2017, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Ok back to the logging tug. From basic profile drawing to the gear casing fabricated from mdf then vac formed to sourcing two solder wire reels as the main drum, and the main base starting to take shape.
Good to see you back on it ~

Winch looks Great !
Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Bit more done, main drum bearings cleaned up and fitting better in their holders. Front end started to be bolstered up along with the cow horn bollards sitting on top. The beginnings of the Spooler track is taking shape to.
Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Well !

That crosscut cable guide shaft certainly looks the part !

Yesterday, 11:11 AM
Nice! I'm glad to see some progress on your build Robert. Nice work on the winch.