Jan 06, 2017, 04:31 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Turnigy Graphene 2200 mAh 45 -90 C 106x35x39mm
Where did you get your measurements? I had to look it up as I have one and it wouldn't fit in one of my planes as it is quite a bit larger than a Zippy Flitemax.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2017, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdesigns
I wish I had ordered the kit - the CMOS camera will be no good, the vTX has DIP switches, I'd only put a proper FC in this wing along with GPS (so won't be using the board).
The motor, esc and servos aren't worth the extra.
Could you be more specific about why these components are not good? I mean, just for messing around FPV surely it would work?..

I ordered the kit but actually wish I'd ordered the PNP instead (on sale). I really don't want to have to order extra stuff, so am hoping I can use existing components I have laying around.

BTW, appropos 4s, what would be a good 4s set-up?
Jan 06, 2017, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
Turnigy Graphene 2200 mAh 45 -90 C 106x35x39mm
Where did you get your measurements? I had to look it up as I have one and it wouldn't fit in one of my planes as it is quite a bit larger than a Zippy Flitemax.
HK website. Does seem too short, so it could be wrong. The Graphene are normally bigger
Jan 06, 2017, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Could you be more specific about why these components are not good? I mean, just for messing around FPV surely it would work?..

I ordered the kit but actually wish I'd ordered the PNP instead (on sale). I really don't want to have to order extra stuff, so am hoping I can use existing components I have laying around.

BTW, appropos 4s, what would be a good 4s set-up?
The camera is CMOS and was demonstrated as being poor on the BG linked video . I don't like to use DIP switches on vTXs and the gyro board won't compare to an Omnibus running iNAV.

I too am interested in seeing a 4S setup.
Jan 06, 2017, 11:10 AM
Will a Sunnysky 2204 2300kv on a 5045 prop with a 30a or 45a ESC work on 4s(or 3s for that matter)?...
Jan 06, 2017, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Will a Sunnysky 2204 2300kv on a 5045 prop with a 30a or 45a ESC work on 4s(or 3s for that matter)?...
The ESC amperage is good to go 30a should be plenty. Could probably get away with a 20a ESC if you were not WOT the whole flight. I would go with 30a for the buffer amperage it would provide.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:45 PM
I don't have a 20a anyway. I have an 18a and a couple 30a Parkzone ESC's laying around, plus a small and light 45a... Will the motor hold up to it though?
Jan 07, 2017, 01:06 AM
Laying out the electronics, the bay filled up quick,
Jan 07, 2017, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMatisse
Laying out the electronics, the bay filled up quick,
That receiver is huge
Jan 07, 2017, 05:49 AM
Mine just arrived.. Where to start?..

Lemon 7-ch stab receiver I guess... No clue how they even work.. Will the stock motor from a Parkzone P-47/FW-190 work, or is that too big?
Jan 07, 2017, 01:05 PM
Following. I have the kit in my BG shopping cart right now with some other goodies.

Trying to figure out if the Runcam Eagle will fit.
Jan 07, 2017, 07:56 PM
Maidened mine today, it flys well no issues on the first flight tried all three flight modes. Wont be using hold mode again but the Gyro mode works well as does flying in normal mode.

Only issue is the camera is out of focus as reported by a few others. Will replace camera and try again

I was impressed enough to order a second one today to try it on 4S. Also ordered two more for others at the flying field. Picked them up from Ebay with a 10% off code for AUD$111 each
Jan 07, 2017, 08:17 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Good value VT !! Obviously you used the board that came with it?
Jan 07, 2017, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdesigns
That receiver is huge
Not at all.
Frsky TFR6, It does look big, maybe because its on its side.
Jan 08, 2017, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
Good value VT !! Obviously you used the board that came with it?
Used everything as supplied. I will probably not use the flight controller as I plan on running the next one on 4S.

I drove though Grantham today on the way back from Toowoomba to Gatton, plenty of paddock to fly in along the Gatton rd

Quick Reply