Thread Tools
Jan 02, 2017, 04:10 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
There is a guy on youtube beating the crap out of his kit showing how tough it is. I think it would be the best available at present.
Latest blog entry: A bit about me
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2017, 05:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Yes JoeMama (But you could have guessed that couldn't you)
I have one coming for review but won't see it this side of Christmas now. It is FPV equipped.

Interesting that kbirds specs say a 200 mw VTX but the one I am getting specifies a 600 mw VTX.

GK
Have you received yours yet GK?

Just curios I ordered mine just before Christmas and have not seen much movement on the tracking I suspect it is in transit(Ship or Plane)
Jan 02, 2017, 05:29 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
No VT I haven't as yet. The tracking has been totally useless lately. I got a glider the other day that was supposed to be still in Hong Kong. Nice surprise though. :-)
Latest blog entry: A bit about me
Jan 04, 2017, 12:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
No VT I haven't as yet. The tracking has been totally useless lately. I got a glider the other day that was supposed to be still in Hong Kong. Nice surprise though. :-)
According to the tracking update today I will see mine tomorrow, just in time to maiden on the weekend
Jan 04, 2017, 01:21 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
lucky sod :-)
Latest blog entry: A bit about me
Jan 05, 2017, 10:49 AM
Registered User
Built up my Sky Shadow kit and it will fit a 22oo 3s battery. With a EMAX 2205-2300 "Red bottom" motor and 20a esc (need to go to a 30A as that motor is power hungry)

Haven't had a maiden yet, but something I did notice it that it was designed to balance with the GoPro installed. I had to add 80g of lead to the camera compartment (with the 2200 3s battery) to get it to balance at the 125mm mark.

If I fly with a HD cam, I can pop the lead out and just install the camera. But you are going to have a hard time balancing if you plan to fly without HD recording.
Jan 05, 2017, 04:20 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aversusb View Post
Built up my Sky Shadow kit and it will fit a 22oo 3s battery. With a EMAX 2205-2300 "Red bottom" motor and 20a esc (need to go to a 30A as that motor is power hungry)

Haven't had a maiden yet, but something I did notice it that it was designed to balance with the GoPro installed. I had to add 80g of lead to the camera compartment (with the 2200 3s battery) to get it to balance at the 125mm mark.

If I fly with a HD cam, I can pop the lead out and just install the camera. But you are going to have a hard time balancing if you plan to fly without HD recording.
All good information thank you.
Latest blog entry: A bit about me
Jan 05, 2017, 04:49 PM
Registered User
I put my PNP together last night, found a bit of the detail was lacking around the wiring but the big one is they I cant find the CG on the docs. Based on the comment above I assume it is 125 mm
Jan 05, 2017, 05:59 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
Read the specs here. It says 125 mm. In the first assembly schematic it shows it as well if you look close.
Latest blog entry: A bit about me
Jan 05, 2017, 06:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aversusb View Post
Built up my Sky Shadow kit and it will fit a 22oo 3s battery. With a EMAX 2205-2300 "Red bottom" motor and 20a esc (need to go to a 30A as that motor is power hungry)

Haven't had a maiden yet, but something I did notice it that it was designed to balance with the GoPro installed. I had to add 80g of lead to the camera compartment (with the 2200 3s battery) to get it to balance at the 125mm mark.

If I fly with a HD cam, I can pop the lead out and just install the camera. But you are going to have a hard time balancing if you plan to fly without HD recording.
Can you go any bigger than 2200 to fly without an HD cam. I have a runcam 2 but that won't be a very good fit.

I have the PnP version en-route. Planning on swapping out the camera and gyro board for a Foxeer HS1177 and Omnibus F3 running iNAV
Jan 05, 2017, 08:08 PM
Registered User
The kit arrived today from Banggood. The wing tips on trailing edge of both halves (not the winglets) were bent due to the shipping box being crushed. I noted that in the arrival confirmation.
I am researching now how to get the shipping rash fixed.
Jan 05, 2017, 10:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdesigns View Post
Can you go any bigger than 2200 to fly without an HD cam. I have a runcam 2 but that won't be a very good fit.

I have the PnP version en-route. Planning on swapping out the camera and gyro board for a Foxeer HS1177 and Omnibus F3 running iNAV
The zippy compact 2200 3s I have length wise is wall to wall in the bay. That battery is 114mm long. I would say the bay is then 115mm wide.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:13 AM
Registered User
Does the accessories that come with the PNP any good specially for FPV?

As YouTube review of this wing is not very promising.

Thanks
Jan 06, 2017, 02:37 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by syed View Post
Does the accessories that come with the PNP any good specially for FPV?

As YouTube review of this wing is not very promising.

Thanks
I wish I had ordered the kit - the CMOS camera will be no good, the vTX has DIP switches, I'd only put a proper FC in this wing along with GPS (so won't be using the board).
The motor, esc and servos aren't worth the extra.
Jan 06, 2017, 03:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aversusb View Post
The zippy compact 2200 3s I have length wise is wall to wall in the bay. That battery is 114mm long. I would say the bay is then 115mm wide.
Thanks for the info. Zippy Compact 2200 3S 35C - 181g 114x34x21mm

So I guess something like these may be good batts for this wing:
Zippy Compact 2450 3S 35C - 210g 114x34x25
Nano-tech 2200 3S 45C - 201g 112x36x26
Turnigy Graphene 2200 45C - 201g 107x35x28

Then there's 4S to consider. I'll probably start on 3S and see how she goes.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product [New Arrival]Reptile S800 SKY SHADOW 820mm Wingspan FPV EPP Flying Wing RC Airplane BG Tobey FPV Aircraft 257 Today 06:05 PM
New Product C1 Chaser 1200mm Wingspan EPO Flying Wing FPV Aircraft RC Airplane KIT - $65 lmpuIse FPV Aircraft 169 Feb 19, 2017 03:04 AM
New Product DW HOBBY Rainbow Ⅱ Flying Wing 1000mm Wingspan EPP FPV RC Airplane KIT - $28 lmpuIse Flying Wings 5 Dec 10, 2016 01:06 AM
Discussion Skywalker X2 X-2 Mini FPV Flying Wing EPO 950mm Wingspan RC Airplane PNP TheMadCADer Electric Plane Talk 1 Oct 03, 2016 02:46 AM
Wanted Windlord. Flying wing kit Or any Flying wing kit Joe Pierson Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 11 Aug 08, 2016 01:46 PM