May 28, 2017, 01:38 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdriver
His probably talking about the aluminum upgraded gear , but your right the FMS gear is awesome just for that alone i will be getting the FMS Cat .
In that case yes, but only by the fact that they're made of the same material "Aluminum". The design, articulation, etc...etc... are completely different.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2017, 01:41 PM
Rich said he was trying to get some video made and posted, But at the moment has been busy with other family things. The video from JN was just not to his liking and standards and didn't want to post it, and will make new video later, Hopefully later this coming week?
May 28, 2017, 04:34 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
I don't think the FlightLine Tigercat is that underpowered....I think the power and flight performance is just right. Beautiful and easy plane to fly
I don't agree and neither does my friend who sold the one I sold him It's missing about 15% -20% of what would have allowed the 2/3-3/4 throttle range to be used more then full most times to to perform scale. Especially on climb outs. This 6s version should have that lost top end it myself and other scale type flyers prefer. Did 4s work. ? Yes but 6s is what was missing for a plane that size and with high amounts of drag
May 28, 2017, 04:44 PM
You may have a point? It's just a personal like thing I guess. Haven't flown or received this one....Yet.... so can't comment until then?, But I understand what you're saying.
May 28, 2017, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Here are some more pictures of the main gear. Very nice
The rectangular black box (retract unit) looks very similar to the unit used in the Freewing B-17.
May 28, 2017, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
The rectangular black box (retract unit) looks very similar to the unit used in the Freewing B-17.
I have the FW B17. It may be similar, but it's not the same retract unit....These are much larger from what I've been shown and the internal workings are very different.

Closer in similarity to what's on the FW 90mm F-16, but still larger in size and different trunnion setup.
May 28, 2017, 06:58 PM
Quote:
I'm not aware of any known problems? Can you elaborate?
You would read about retracts failing, either one or both after a while. And this was on all models. I've just read the later posts and seen that the retract unit is completely different to what I've seen in the smaller 1400/1450mm models.
Last edited by Richard Lewis; May 28, 2017 at 07:04 PM.
May 28, 2017, 07:00 PM
Quote:
I have the FW B17. It may be similar, but it's not the same retract unit....These are much larger from what I've been shown and the internal workings are very different.

Closer in similarity to what's on the FW 90mm F-16, but still larger in size and different trunnion setup.
I agree...Some may not have known that the rectangle FW retracts look like...
May 28, 2017, 07:21 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
You may have a point? It's just a personal like thing I guess. Haven't flown or received this one....Yet.... so can't comment until then?, But I understand what you're saying.
Yes, all just personal preference. To each their own
May 28, 2017, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lewis
You would read about retracts failing, either one or both after a while. And this was on all models. I've just read the later posts and seen that the retract unit is completely different to what I've seen in the smaller 1400/1450mm models.
Understand. That holds true for pretty much any retract on the market....I haven't seen any e-retracts that are bullet proof, and I've used a LOT of e-retracts of varying shape, size, voltage, manufacturer, etc...etc. At some point they all end up with a little tinkering needed
May 30, 2017, 10:39 PM
Well folks, Looks like there is going to be a bit of a delay, the plane is not ready and has a few areas that need to be addressed and corrected from Rich Baker @ RC Informers initial reports from the one he received for Joe Nall.

So... to add and correct my earlier post of the possible availability to public,... I'm sure the availability date will slide to a later date, by how much? ...I'm not sure? I doubt it too much longer. Just making a few improvements and refinements
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jun 01, 2017 at 05:21 PM.
May 30, 2017, 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear that, but I'd rather wait and see it done right the first time. A little extra time isn't going to hurt me. As for potential retract improvements as you asked about earlier, many guys have found that the micro switches on the boards for the 1400 and 1700 retracts are a big failure point. They removed the boards entirely, and went to an external LX retract controller wired direct to the retract motor. Really goes the extra mile in bullet proofing the mechanism. Would really love to see FMS do something similar here.
May 30, 2017, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart
Sorry to hear that, but I'd rather wait and see it done right the first time. A little extra time isn't going to hurt me. As for potential retract improvements as you asked about earlier, many guys have found that the micro switches on the boards for the 1400 and 1700 retracts are a big failure point. They removed the boards entirely, and went to an external LX retract controller wired direct to the retract motor. Really goes the extra mile in bullet proofing the mechanism. Would really love to see FMS do something similar here.
I didn't say anything about retract improvements? where did that come from?

The retracts on this plane work great as I'm told. No problems there.

The current issues being worked are with the LG Doors. Specifically... the two main gear set of doors. The nose seems to be ok.

A few other corrections, but they are minor from what I've seen.
May 30, 2017, 11:31 PM
Quote:
I didn't say anything about retract improvements? where did that come from?

The retracts on this plane work great as I'm told. No problems there.
On the previous page you had asked about known issues with the current gen of FMS retracts, I was answering that question, albeit a bit late. Good to hear that the issue are relatively minor.
May 30, 2017, 11:39 PM
Ah' got it.....just in general speaking.....not specific to this plane.

I was actually replying to some one else that was referring to ,and brought up, questions about known retract Issues.
Last edited by brandonmoon; May 31, 2017 at 12:25 AM.

Quick Reply