Sep 17, 2020, 03:38 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Ahhh Bud not true , I just purchased mine earlier this year from Horizon and received the old one . I also emailed, called the tech ( ummm opps ) not tech help and they stated “ yes its the latest version”. After the sale they dont even know there is two versions and according to Horizon the model is discontinued lol .
So be careful when ordering really really check and if you buy and receive version one , that is the time to return it , as soon as you receive it.
If your located in Belgium, I suggest contacting Raymond from RC Castle , he is in Hong Kong, very responsive to email and will assure you of the version you are ordering.
I just spoke with him this week on the replacement retracts for the F7F nose area .
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2020, 05:39 AM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiker
Hello from Belgium,

I just come in on this FMS tigercat discussion group: - - -

I noticed version 1 (with wing connector problems) and version 2 (with updates including better wing connectors).

Anyone here with some photos to show the difference version 1 and 2.......are those kits with difference kit order nrs??? how I can be sure I will order and receive a version 2??

Seems there are still a lot version 1 in shops available.....

Many thanks
Hi there, welcome !

From what I've read here in this thread I wouldn't trust any HH dealer on the right version ...

May I suggest you contact Tom the owner of rc-planes.be ... I got mine from him some years ago and he can give you the right info! You can always tell him that Geert sent you.

https://www.rc-planes.be/#!/warbirds...igercat-1700mm
Sep 17, 2020, 05:47 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
+1 , good suggestion !
Sep 20, 2020, 10:25 AM
Does anybody know if there are air-filled tires that fit for the Tigercat? I want to improve the suspension while landing.

Kind regards
Kai
Sep 20, 2020, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam_ks
Does anybody know if there are air-filled tires that fit for the Tigercat? I want to improve the suspension while landing.

Kind regards
Kai
I don't know of any air filled tires but search Robart and Dubro for "Low Bounce" wheels. That may work just as well as air filled.
Sep 20, 2020, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
I don't know of any air filled tires but search Robart and Dubro for "Low Bounce" wheels. That may work just as well as air filled.
Ok, thanks! I will take a look! I hope that the size fits and that they fit on the shaft.
Sep 28, 2020, 09:53 PM
Trying to find information on upgrading motors on the FMS Tigercat 1700mm but my searches aren't finding much. Maybe not searching correctly.
Sep 29, 2020, 02:46 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I think Rich on the RC Informer Videos talks about the motor and prop upgrades for more speed
Sep 29, 2020, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic11
Trying to find information on upgrading motors on the FMS Tigercat 1700mm but my searches aren't finding much. Maybe not searching correctly.
Here's a youtube video on the upgrade from Rich https://accounts.google.com/b/0/AddMailService
Sep 30, 2020, 08:43 PM
Suspended Account
also I read someone say the rotation of the props, I have the newer version with the new wing contectors and they use xt60s to xt90 plug. My props rotate outwards like a P-38
Oct 01, 2020, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryup
also I read someone say the rotation of the props, I have the newer version with the new wing contectors and they use xt60s to xt90 plug. My props rotate outwards like a P-38
Mine rotate inward. There is a supplement in the instructions showing inward rotation. It's news to me if the newer ones rotate outward.
Oct 01, 2020, 02:45 PM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryup
you might want to check your props installation again, I believe they should both turn inwards
Oct 01, 2020, 02:51 PM
Mine go inward as well
Oct 01, 2020, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
Inward outward makes no difference. My first one which was the silver one with the old connectors rotated inwards but made them turn the same direction . but my new blue one rotates outward and i see no different on how it flies.
Last edited by hurryup; Oct 01, 2020 at 05:23 PM.
Oct 01, 2020, 03:44 PM
Suspended Account
But soon there going to rotate scale wise so they will turn the same direction

Quick Reply