Dec 09, 2016, 04:03 AM
I bad a moment's thought has been updated code tree from Copter 3.4 release to the trunk, and it turned out there was this bug (not my bug!). Now it fixed, the parameters are loaded normally again . Today I'll renew binaries.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2016, 04:31 AM
Thanks night_ghost I look forward to try the new bin
Dec 09, 2016, 05:07 AM
Thank you for you good work!

How external hardware should be connected?

Is it possible to use build in compass? Could be connected external one? Is it possible to switch between them?

There is another possible problem. Revo has different sensors compared to pixhawk. So ekf coefficients should be retuned and changed.
Dec 09, 2016, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh83
How external hardware should be connected?
There are comments in relevant .c files about connections, but I tried to maintain compatibility with the OpenPilot documentation. The main difference - FlexiPort is always Serial and external I2C port is on pins 7&8 of Input port.

pin 3 of Input port is PPM/SBUS (sbus copied as is and still not tested)
pin 4 of Input port is a Buzzer pin (requires additional transistor!)
pins 5&6 of Input port are Tx and Rx of 3rd serial (for GPS)
pins 7&8 of Input port are SCL and SDA of external I2C

5&6 PWM pins are Rx and Tx of 4th Serial - but only for quads

PWM input is not supported - this is general trend

DSM satellite can be connected to Oplink port (hardware serial) or to PPM input on (pin 3 of input port) via Software Serial (still not work yet)

Support for binding of DSM satellite requires some additional hardware - managed stabilizer 3.3 volts. Pin 1 of OpLink port is Gnd, pin 2 is +5(DSM sat requires 3.3!) , pin 3 is Rx and pin 4 is Enable for 3.3 stab. So it will be best to use satellites with Bind button.

Quote:
Is it possible to use build in compass? Could be connected external one? Is it possible to switch between them?
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Quote:
There is another possible problem. Revo has different sensors compared to pixhawk. So ekf coefficients should be retuned and changed.
No It's definitely not a problem, because F4by FC works fine on the same sensors as Revo
Last edited by night_ghost; Dec 09, 2016 at 06:27 AM.
Dec 09, 2016, 06:21 AM
I flashed new bin and now I see all params in apmplanner2
great work!

The only problem for now is that in apmplanner2 I can't see the RC working. I connected my PPM receiver to the first three signal in the RC INPUT connector of the Revo Mini (GND, VCC, CH1). Is there some other thing that I have to do to get it working?

Thanks
Andrea
Dec 09, 2016, 06:27 AM
Ok I'll see it, PPM should work out-of-the-box
Dec 09, 2016, 08:51 AM
Is it possible to connect gps to flex port?
I am looking for simple setup: ppm rx to rx-in, telemetry to main port, gps to flex port, and use onboard baro& compass .Is it possible?
Dec 10, 2016, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Is it possible to connect gps to flex port?
I am looking for simple setup: ppm rx to rx-in, telemetry to main port, gps to flex port, and use onboard baro& compass .Is it possible?
Yes of cause, just change Serial2 protocol to GPS
Dec 10, 2016, 02:33 AM
night_ghost have you tried to see if PPM input works?
I can't make it to work, I tried the same HW configuration (Revo Mini + PPM RX) with iNav and it's all OK just to be sure that is not an hardware problem.
Dec 10, 2016, 08:03 AM
In the meantime is it possible to use a PWM receiver using all 6 channel of the RC INPUT?
Is it necessary some HW or SW setting?
Dec 10, 2016, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbello
I flashed new bin and now I see all params in apmplanner2
great work!

The only problem for now is that in apmplanner2 I can't see the RC working. I connected my PPM receiver to the first three signal in the RC INPUT connector of the Revo Mini (GND, VCC, CH1). Is there some other thing that I have to do to get it working?

Thanks
Andrea
Have the input ports been altered from the original Arducopter port?
Dec 10, 2016, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
Have the input ports been altered from the original Arducopter port?
No, the same HW and the same port that worked in the original port doesn't work with this new port.
Dec 10, 2016, 04:26 PM
So for some reason the input assignments have been changed? Is this true for GPS, telemetry radio and other peripherals? If so there needs to be a reference to a diagram that shows how to make the relevant cables.

It's a pity since the original arrangement was consistent with the normal APM arrangement.
Dec 10, 2016, 06:22 PM
Sorry guys, but for debugging a lot of protocols I need receivers with these protocols. PPM was before but now it is busy, and it takes time to get the new. So a little patience
Dec 13, 2016, 02:05 AM
PPM fixed