Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 25, 2016, 04:19 AM
Poll

Ardupilot on OpenPilot Revolution

Hi all!

I have not found a more appropriate place for this survey if I missed let dear moderators will transfer to a more appropriate section.

So, some time ago, someone was written HAL for Ardupilot for the OpenPilot Revolution platform. This code was not supported for years so therefore hopelessly outdated.

Some time ago, I adopt this code to the current Ardupilot state and make a PR on GitHub to include this HAL to the official repository.

Since then, it took 2 ArduCopter versions but this PR still hanging.

Attention, a question to all. Does anyone else besides me interested in ArduPlane / ArduCopter on the controller with weight of 6 grams with the case?

Name: HTB1cq3ULVXXXXX8apXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 202.2 KB
Description:

All electronics of copter:
Name: IMG_2566.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 650.6 KB
Description:

And not only in a huge heavy sick PixHawk...

Code and binaries are here - https://github.com/night-ghost/ardupilot

Russian discussion here - http://www.ykoctpa.ru/groups/eye-in-...tion-revomini/

How to flash:

The firmware file to flash is in latest.zip on https://github.com/night-ghost/ardupilot

OPBL don't supported because of different address of binary, so to flash you have to put the Revo in DFU mode (short the BL pin on board while you plug the USB) and then use dfu-util command:

for Revo/RevoMini boards:
dfu-util -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 -D /path/to/revomini_MP32V1F4.bin

for AirbotF4 boards:
dfu-util -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 -D /path/to/revomini_airbot.bin

for AirbotV2 boards:
dfu-util -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 -D /path/to/revomini_airbotV2.bin
Last edited by night_ghost; Jun 12, 2017 at 10:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2016, 05:04 AM
definitely interested!!!
Nov 25, 2016, 08:42 AM
Absolutely!!!
Nov 25, 2016, 08:50 AM
What would be the advantages against a pixracer?
Nov 25, 2016, 02:52 PM
At 6g, it would great for small quads and plant. It would be interesting but bringing the code base up to date looks like a big job.

While arducopter is great, I prefer cleanflight for my smaller quads. Arduplane on a small plane could be fun.
Nov 25, 2016, 03:40 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbelo
Revo is the only 32bit board w/ built-in UHF + F4 == killer combo
Nov 26, 2016, 04:33 AM
Quote:
the weight and size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
Revo is the only 32bit board w/ built-in UHF + F4 == killer combo
sorry but RF part now is still not supported. If this HAL will be accepted to mainline then I will start to work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_AU
but bringing the code base up to date looks like a big job.
This job is almost done: board successfully connects to MP, shows attitude, spin motors. But it still not tested in flight because I still don't get receiver for it.

In addition to initial Scenkov's port, it has:
* near a half of code is fully rewritten
* external I2C bus moved out from FlexiPort by Soft_I2C driver so we always has at least 3 UARTs
* added 1 full-functional UART (only for quads) and 1 RX-only UART for DSM satellite receiver on OpLink connector
* added buzzer support
* stack now in CCM memory
* PPM and PWM inputs works via Timer's driver handlers
* added DSM and SBUS parsing on PPM input
* high-frequency (8kHz) advanced scheduler, common for all needs, capable to use semaphores with (optional) performance statistics
* all hardware description tables are now 'const' and locates in flash
* more reliable reset for I2C bus on hangups
* all delays - even microseconds - are very presize by using hardware clock counter (DWT_CYCCNT) in free-running mode
* separated USB and UART drivers
* new SoftwareSerial driver based on ST appnote
* now it uses MPU6000 DRDY output
* removed all compiler's warnings
* ported and slightly altered bootloader to support flashing and start firmware automatically at addresses 8010000 and 8020000
(2 low 16k flash pages are used to emulate EEPROM)
* EEPROM emulation altered to ensure the reliability of data storage at power failures
* optimized EEPROM usage by changing from 1-byte to 2-byte writes
* all internal calls use static private methods
* removed unused files from "wirish" folder
* a lot of minor enhancements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_AU
While arducopter is great, I prefer cleanflight for my smaller quads
This board also can be flashed to Cleanflight/Betaflight as well so it will be available to compare different firmwares on the same UAV.
Last edited by night_ghost; Nov 27, 2016 at 06:16 AM.
Nov 26, 2016, 03:48 PM
I've been using the original port on a Revo in a hex since it was released. At the time there was no Pixhawk so I was only comparing performance with an APM but I can say that the Revo outperforms the APM by some margin.

I recently acquired a HK version of the Revo and installed it in a miniquad. After trying Librepilot I installed the old Arducopter port. It was a lot easier for me to set up and get working than Librepilot (never could get the MAG sensor button to go green - so it wouldn't arm).

I do miss the features that have been added to Arducopter since. A version of Arducopter that ran on the Revo and was kept updated with the main Arducopter development would be a great idea and so support the revision/rewrite project. Someone has to do it though.

As for getting the internal radio working, great idea for large multis and planes, the antenna can be a nuisance to install in minis.
Last edited by mpjf01; Nov 27, 2016 at 12:25 AM.
Nov 26, 2016, 03:49 PM
Quote:
The price.
Nov 27, 2016, 12:34 AM
One of the old Wiki entries

https://web.archive.org/web/20140531...OpenPilot+Revo
Nov 30, 2016, 07:00 AM
Name: revo.jpg
Views: 80
Size: 233.0 KB
Description:

RevoMini and Pixhawk Lite
Dec 02, 2016, 05:18 AM
I am really interested in this porting, I have an OpenPilot Revolution Mini and I will test the firmware when will be ready.
Thanks
Dec 02, 2016, 08:27 AM
In the meantime I would like tor try the old "QUAD_X_REVOMINI.opfw" taken from the link in the first post.
I tried to flash the Revo Mini with this opfw but I did not succeed. Both librepilot and dronin give me an error when I try to flash the file.
Someone managed to do it?
Dec 02, 2016, 08:23 PM
I successfully used the .bin file linked to a couple of weeks ago. Remove the .eepe extension, only there so I can post on this forum. I may have used the bootloader too, can't remember now so I have put it here in case.
Dec 03, 2016, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
I successfully used the .bin file linked to a couple of weeks ago. Remove the .eepe extension, only there so I can post on this forum. I may have used the bootloader too, can't remember now so I have put it here in case.
Thanks a lot
with the file posted I succeed to flash the revo mini and now I see it through apmplanner2 on ubuntu 16.04

did you tried it in flight?