Sep 08, 2019, 02:59 AM
Hi Reptile CEO,
Please share any flight footage of this plane.
Any info on the power set up and flight time please?
Looks more like a cruiser to me with this thick airfoil. More photos of the inside of the fuselage would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Regards,
AeroR
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2019, 03:03 AM

Up to 9 inch propellers can be used

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobatteryNopower
What motors are recommended? Because I'm thinking about using two DJI Mavic Pro motors + ultra silent props for ultra silent FPV for that sweet looking platform..
Up to 9 inch propellers can be used
Sep 08, 2019, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekiAKS
I switched from Menace Invader patch antenna to Realacc Triple Feed Patch antenna and now I can fly with noise free video signal as far as my 1800mAh 4S battery would allow.

In those zero wind conditions I realised I am unable to use (iNAV) autolaunch on my S800,.. there is just not enough airspeed under my wing so manual launch is required.

https://youtu.be/ZtRSW8K3zfk
Thanks for this. I run a menace invader and I'm not super impressed with it. I'll try out this one!
Sep 08, 2019, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroR
Hi Reptile CEO,
Please share any flight footage of this plane.
Any info on the power set up and flight time please?
Looks more like a cruiser to me with this thick airfoil. More photos of the inside of the fuselage would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Regards,
AeroR
DRAGON-1200
Product parameters
Wingspan:1200mm
Length:700mm
Weight:400 grams(Without electronic equipment)
Radio:4 channels with elevon mixing
Servo:9 grams*2
Battery:3300mah-5300mah 3S-4S
ESC:30A-40A
Motor:2205/2300KV
Prop:6045
CG:48mm behine the wing
Material:EPP foam
FPV cam:runcam/1177/1190(The camera has multiple installation locations to choose from)
Gopro position:GoPro5/6/7
Packing size:470mm*340mm*220mm
Sep 26, 2019, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileCEO
DRAGON-1200
Product parameters
Wingspan:1200mm
Length:700mm
Weight:400 grams(Without electronic equipment)
Radio:4 channels with elevon mixing
Servo:9 grams*2
Battery:3300mah-5300mah 3S-4S
ESC:30A-40A
Motor:2205/2300KV
Prop:6045
CG:48mm behine the wing
Material:EPP foam
FPV cam:runcam/1177/1190(The camera has multiple installation locations to choose from)
Gopro position:GoPro5/6/7
Packing size:470mm*340mm*220mm
Is this plank type plane?
Sep 27, 2019, 11:37 PM
fools? at least i'm honest :)
WOW !! there is a new one from reptile? right on time!!

because...

Saturday Morning with Reptile S800 (28 min 53 sec)
Dec 04, 2019, 11:01 AM
S800 and S1100 - Hypersmooth (2 min 27 sec)

Video from my S800 and S1100. Both very fun planes.
Jan 01, 2020, 10:57 AM
I finished the year with a bang. Had a great day with my S1100 and S800 tearing up the farm. Mashed it all together into this video. The S1100 even clipped the ground ducking under an auger and kept on flying.

S800 and S1100 - The Freezing Fog (5 min 32 sec)
Jan 26, 2020, 08:22 AM
Some pics of my s800 build.

Its not quite finished yet, as I am waiting for my 3d printer to arrive so I can add some more parts ... but I've put a few batteries through it and have it flying alright now.

Planning on covering it with some vinyl but for now the blue painters tape helps with orientation!

Matek F405-WING
DJI AIR Unit RX/VTX
NEO-6M GPS
BrotherHobby R6 2306 2450kv Motor
Aikon AK32 35A 6S ESC
EMAX ES08MDII Servos
Turnigy 4s 2200mah Lipo
GoPro Hero 8 Black
DJI FPV Camera

I have trimmed it so it flies pretty well at around 4A current draw, but I find it bounces around and rolls back and forth a bit. I'm not sure if it's just because it was a gusty day, or maybe I'm flying too slow? More flights tomorrow if the weather is good!

I am using the 'S800' preset in iNav. I noticed the mixer defaulted to 50% weight on all axes, what is everyone else using?

Id be interested in seeing a config dump if others are willing to share, so I can compare my PIFFs, roll/pitch rates, etc.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Jan 26, 2020, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoble
Some pics of my s800 build.

Its not quite finished yet, as I am waiting for my 3d printer to arrive so I can add some more parts ... but I've put a few batteries through it and have it flying alright now.

Planning on covering it with some vinyl but for now the blue painters tape helps with orientation!

Matek F405-WING
DJI AIR Unit RX/VTX
NEO-6M GPS
BrotherHobby R6 2306 2450kv Motor
Aikon AK32 35A 6S ESC
EMAX ES08MDII Servos
Turnigy 4s 2200mah Lipo
GoPro Hero 8 Black
DJI FPV Camera

I have trimmed it so it flies pretty well at around 4A current draw, but I find it bounces around and rolls back and forth a bit. I'm not sure if it's just because it was a gusty day, or maybe I'm flying too slow? More flights tomorrow if the weather is good!

I am using the 'S800' preset in iNav. I noticed the mixer defaulted to 50% weight on all axes, what is everyone else using?

Id be interested in seeing a config dump if others are willing to share, so I can compare my PIFFs, roll/pitch rates, etc.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Looks good. How do you find the DJI setup? Also how is your Cg with the black 8? I struggle with keeping my cg back enough with a 7 but I do have a TPU mount/protector which adds some weight. I printed the fins and I have the motor extension just to get it back enough.

I can get you my setting in a bit. You can see how mine flies in some videos further up. Iím quite happy with it. I have printed fins and the vortex generators which you might want to look once you have your printer.
Jan 30, 2020, 11:24 PM
Which ESC do you all use that can fit in the ESC bay without requiring too much cutting? I'd like to still be able to use the cover. I currently have a HakRC 35A esc and it starts sputtering and cutting out at like 75% throttle. Honestly not sure if this is the motor or the ESC. I'm only pulling like 20ish amps when it starts to happen. This shouldn't be enough to work this motor or ESC so I'm somewhat baffled.

Motor is a 3BHobby 2306 2100kv. Prop is a Gemfan 6040. Using 4S battery. Thoughts?
Feb 02, 2020, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notamedclosed
Looks good. How do you find the DJI setup? Also how is your Cg with the black 8? I struggle with keeping my cg back enough with a 7 but I do have a TPU mount/protector which adds some weight. I printed the fins and I have the motor extension just to get it back enough.

I can get you my setting in a bit. You can see how mine flies in some videos further up. Iím quite happy with it. I have printed fins and the vortex generators which you might want to look once you have your printer.
Your videos are great! thanks for sharing

The DJI setup is pretty good so far, the video quality is amazing, so much better than my old 5.8ghz setup.

So far I've had about 4.5km of range but hoping I can improve on that a bit by getting some better antenna placement and maybe upgrading the goggle antennas.

CG seems to be OK, but I haven't spent a lot of time playing with it yet.

Here's a video I made of the build and my first few flights:

DJI FPV Reptile S800 SkyShadow V2 Build & First Flights (3 min 31 sec)

Quick Reply