Nov 24, 2016, 09:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

E-flite Valiant 1.3M

Does anyone know anything about the new Valiant on the E-flite page?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2016, 09:04 PM
Thread OP
Every time I click on it I get an error message.
Nov 24, 2016, 09:18 PM
DFS#000178
1300mm version of the Hangar 9 Valiant? Looks pretty cool. The painted-on windows take a lot away from it, though.

Really wish it was balsa.
Nov 24, 2016, 11:48 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
1300mm version of the Hangar 9 Valiant? Looks pretty cool. The painted-on windows take a lot away from it, though.

Really wish it was balsa.
Balsa would be real nice. I expect the painted windows are because it is a high wing and they are using the foam structure to support the wing. Means there is no inside frame or cage to hold the wing. See thru windows would be a nice added touch on this plane.
Nov 25, 2016, 01:14 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
Balsa would be real nice. I expect the painted windows are because it is a high wing and they are using the foam structure to support the wing. Means there is no inside frame or cage to hold the wing. See thru windows would be a nice added touch on this plane.
The Starmax Cub has clear see-through windows and a detailed interior. It's a foamy high-wing. They get around this by the cabin being molded plastic and the wing attaching to the plastic.

They could've done that and it would've looked 1,000% better.

Or they could've just not abandoned balsa...
Jan 05, 2017, 08:46 AM
When is this plane supposed to be released? I don't see it on Eflite's web site.
Jan 05, 2017, 08:50 AM
Nevermind, I found it.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL4950
Jan 05, 2017, 10:20 AM
Video is up!

E-flite Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic & PNP (2 min 6 sec)

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Jan 05, 2017, 11:30 AM
AMA 34191
My long list of "wants" just got longer!
Jan 05, 2017, 11:37 AM
Looks interesting. Much like my SIG Seniorita. My only concern is how much power it has. I have a Timber and I like it but wish it had some more power. Afraid this may be more of the same.
Jan 05, 2017, 12:29 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinseattle
Looks interesting. Much like my SIG Seniorita. My only concern is how much power it has. I have a Timber and I like it but wish it had some more power. Afraid this may be more of the same.
Same here, as far as concerns on power goes. A 960KV 480 doesn't seem like much, especially on 3S.

To compare, the significantly smaller Pawnee uses a 750kv 480 and feels borderline underpowered..
Jan 05, 2017, 01:42 PM
Its the same power system as the Sport Cub, BUT it has the 30 AMP ESC and uses the propeller from the Artizan.

Out of the box, stock to stock the Valiant will have alot more power than the Parkzone Sport Cub.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Jan 05, 2017, 01:52 PM
Good to hear. Also use to own the Sport Cub and Artizan and I thought the Sport Cub also was a little under powered.
Jan 05, 2017, 02:07 PM
Looks like this will be my float flyer for the coming summer.
Jan 05, 2017, 04:14 PM
MaineFlyer
Ordered mine today! I have the H9 Valiant and love it so thought I would give this foam version a try. No doubt it will be as good as my other planes from Horizon!

Joe

Quick Reply