Blade 130 S - 3D CP heli with motorized tail - Page 50 - RC Groups
Jul 14, 2017, 02:26 PM
The K110 isn't bad on servos. It's the K120 ones that strip with any kind of impact.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 02:38 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40
Thanks guys for the replys, I might just pass on the 130s. I have thought about the xk110, but remember reading the servos strip if you look at them wrong. I still have a tx from the xk k123 I put in a tree 2 years ago.
I've still to strip a K110 servo, and I've abused this machine like no other.

As said above, the K120 servos are made from cobwebs and the ghosts of eggshell, but the K110 servos are rock solid.
Jul 14, 2017, 03:43 PM
Sorry it's the 120 I was thinking of, its similar in performance to the mcpx bl. The xk110 is a 1s heli; and other then my indoor nano cps, I am kind of done with 1s helies. The K123 was a good heli though. I might just get a new reduction gear and batteries for my Blade Apache. It's fun in the yard. What bugs me about it is over the last 12 months I have tossed out 6 packs due to swelling, and I have not replaced them.
Jul 15, 2017, 05:19 PM
I got up early this morning and took advantage of the rare wind-free conditions to fly my 130s. It seems a local hawk took offense to this and attacked it in flight.

I think he got more than he bargained for as he made a beeline out of there afterwards, but the blade grips, blades, and main gear were broken in the attack. After falling from about 35 feet or so, I also now need a tail fin, landing gear and tail rotor.

I ordered a bunch of the microheli parts as upgrades/replacements.
Jul 15, 2017, 07:15 PM
My name is Naga
Probably made quite a mess of its legs and feet being struck by the blades at the rate they spin.

If the injuries are too bad it may not be able to hunt. Either way, I doubt it will try that again!
Jul 15, 2017, 10:40 PM
Hopefully he's just warned, not hurt. There wasn't any blood on the blades.
Jul 16, 2017, 07:20 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Still better the 130S than the 230S!
Jul 16, 2017, 07:08 PM
Other side of Your Screen
I have had birds swoop in on some of my heli's, never a hit, but I have had blood. Probably mine from the mosquitoes I churn sometimes flying late in the evening. Got a dragon fly once, he thought I was still flying my mCPX BL and I was flying my 200 SRX ... he got too close.
Jul 16, 2017, 08:37 PM
I've had birds follow my planes, and swallows fly around with the heli's, but never an attack. Lots of bug juice though.

Thought this was going to be a heli weekend, but only had time for one quick charge of a battery, so put it in my Gentle Lady glider for a little thermal action.
Jul 16, 2017, 09:24 PM
When I fly helis only in my yard, the dragon flys fly along. They never get in the way and get chopped though. It's like they hear that rotor sound and all come out. They don't come out for the quads.
Oh and particularly the 230s only.
Last edited by Thickfog; Jul 16, 2017 at 10:26 PM.
Jul 17, 2017, 11:49 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Since selling all my lesser-used helis, I've bought a small hill of spares for the 3 machines I'm left with. (MCP, 130S and K110).

It must have been an oversight to not order spare blade grips for the 130S as I broke one today and have none at all. Bloody typical, if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

And the bug thing? I separated a moth from its wings the other night while hovering the Master CP! Guess it'll have to get used to being a caterpillar again!
Last edited by rossi46; Jul 17, 2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Grammar Nazi
Jul 20, 2017, 08:30 AM
Hello pilots.
Today I got my Blade 130S.
I am not a 3D flyer but just do normal flights with some speed.
I follow the settings in my DX9 transmitter by the manual.
I noticed that the Tail is holding good and without any wag in hoover, but....when I fly around then in the corners the tail sometimes can not hold up.
It also feels little bit sluggy.
I already played with the tail gain settings, but I hope that some one here can push me in a better direction about the tail gain settings.
Thank you very much for the help.
I already fly with a Blade 230S and a Blade 200SRX and those tails feel strong en hold positions almost at all time.
So I hope to get the tail from the 130S also nice and good.
Much regards, Erwin
Jul 20, 2017, 10:15 AM
Just have had some more testflights.
The heli flies nice but the tail can performance better.
I played with the tail gains: 4 and 5
increased it every time with 5 points up.
Have had hem from 100 until 125, in steps up from 5 points.
But still not get the tail really nice.
Must I accept this tail behaviour?
Or are the tails from the 200SRX and the 230S just better than the Blade 130S?

Besides the slightly not so nice tail, the heli flies great.
It has totaly no wobble during forward flight and it handles great.
I am happy with it.
When I get the tail superb then I will be more happy.
Much regards, Erwin
Jul 21, 2017, 08:34 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Are the 130x main rotors compatible with the 130s without modification?

I stupidly bought 180cfx blades for my 130s since the rotor head is the same. I'm going to try cutting the extra inch off the 180 blades.
Jul 21, 2017, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46
Are the 130x main rotors compatible with the 130s without modification?

I stupidly bought 180cfx blades for my 130s since the rotor head is the same. I'm going to try cutting the extra inch off the 180 blades.
The hole on the 130X are larger than those of the 130S. You can make bushings using 3/32" brass tubing if you want.