Blade 130 S - 3D CP heli with motorized tail - Page 47 - RC Groups
Jun 29, 2017, 10:54 AM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
id probably get an original used 180CFX for a bit cheaper if i did, but after reading those stats above after 400 flights the durability of this one really has me interested. im confident in my 3d skills, but im learning more complex flying that deals with lots of pirouetting and that is currently my weak point. the 180 would handle a ton better im sure, but i know im going to crash and ive heard a lot about the 180 being quite fragile.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
I have not seen a full blowout like that of the mCPX in these 400 flights. Although abrupt tail kicks do occur rarely, but not to the extent that makes the heli unflyable or result in a crash. The tail kicks appear to be related to certain batteries with higher capacity and C rating.
so no tail kicks, or blowouts related to hard pitch pumps or motor bogging down? thats good to hear! also really like how it has pirouette compensation.
Jun 29, 2017, 10:59 AM
I am not flying my 180CFX that much now since the 130s is almost as smooth and precise as my uBrain equipped 180CFX. It is not as powerful though and I had to max out the servo travel and rates in order to get a decent flip rate.

You can have a lot of tail problems with the 180CFX, some of them are quite random and lead to crashes. Also, I have had a number of feathering shafts and blade grips replaced on the 180CFX.
Jun 30, 2017, 01:52 PM

Tail Wag high throttle

Bad tail wags when throttle curve hits 100% on Idle 2? 350mah 35C EZ and Nano-tech 450mah.

On flat TC of 80% and idle 2 seems fine, but 100% its bad tail hold.
Jul 03, 2017, 04:29 PM
so i picked up a 130s today and its a pretty nice heli. flying it off of a futaba 8FG with a spekky module so the pitch and throttle curves need a bit more tuning but the ones in the manual are close. one very weird thing i did notice is that when i use the elevator in any flight mode, only two of the three servos are moving in unison to pitch swashplate forwards or backwards. i tried tons of mixes to get all three servos to move together on the elevator axis but was never successful with that. but it seems to fly just fine, doesnt try to roll at all when i push forwards on the stick even on fast flips so id say im good to go??

EDIT: also running glacier 450's for those wanting to try. they do fit actually. Also, it drifts to the left a bit when in stability mode and wobbles the tiniest bit in the other modes. not sure what thats all about.
Last edited by cale10; Jul 04, 2017 at 09:21 AM.
Jul 03, 2017, 08:40 PM
also, i am very disappointed in the quality of the tail blade

thoughts on these as a replacement? http://www.buddyrc.com/spc-maker-rot...ar-purple.html
Last edited by cale10; Jul 03, 2017 at 08:50 PM.
Jul 04, 2017, 01:58 AM
My 130s came today. Two fun flights. Wow is this a stable bird. Weird tail kick here and there but nothing too bad. For the backyard I can see flying this instead of my 230s and 180cfx. It's a a great size and really zooms around quite well.
Jul 04, 2017, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
also, i am very disappointed in the quality of the tail blade

thoughts on these as a replacement? http://www.buddyrc.com/spc-maker-rot...ar-purple.html
I am using these which are much cheaper.

https://www.banggood.com/10-Pairs-Ra...p-1118515.html
Jul 05, 2017, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know if the fiberglass canopies are more durable?
Jul 05, 2017, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron813
Does anyone know if the fiberglass canopies are more durable?
Yes they are. Mine have gone through 60 crashes now.
Jul 05, 2017, 09:41 PM
I have 4 180 cfx batteries in the fridge. I racked 180 about a year ago.
Can i use it on 130s? Anyone tried it?
Jul 05, 2017, 10:22 PM
There are reports that they case tail glitches but some on here have expressed success after adjusting gains down on tail.
Jul 08, 2017, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Here is my 400th flight report on the Blade 130S. I flew 200 flights each with two different helis. The durability, with the exception of the tail blades, was very impressive, considering that I must have had 60 crashes. Here is a summary of the parts replaced after 400 flights

Heli No. 1

Tail Blades 17
Main Gear 4
Headlinks 1

Total Cost = $74.5 (would have been only $16.7 if $0.1 tail blades were used)

Heli No. 2

Tail Blades 24
Main Gear 9
Headlinks 7
Servos 3
Tail Fin 1
Skids 1

Total Cost = $185.5 (would have been only $103.9 if $0.1 tail blades were used)

It is clear that I have much more trouble with heli no. 2, especially with the servos. All three servos had to be replaced and I had a number of hard crashes because of them. It is as if as bad batch of servos got into that heli. Of note is that I did not bend a feathering shaft, replaced a blade grip or tail boom after 400 flights. Nor did I have to replace a main motor, tail motor, or control board. It is also clear that provided cheap tail blades are used, the cost could come down to the level of the nano CPS.
I have flown another 40 flights since but I am really getting problems with the servos. All 3 servos on heli no.1 had to be replaced. A further 2 servos had to be replaced on heli no.2. So far, no servo has survived more than 240 flights. This is to be expected since they are the same servos as those used on the 130X. In the case of the 130X, quite a number of people replaced them with digital servos after getting an aftermarket frame. I don't think it is worthwhile in the case of the 130S.
Jul 08, 2017, 11:40 AM
Quote:
I have flown another 40 flights since but I am really getting problems with the servos. All 3 servos on heli no.1 had to be replaced. A further 2 servos had to be replaced on heli no.2. So far, no servo has survived more than 240 flights. This is to be expected since they are the same servos as those used on the 130X. In the case of the 130X, quite a number of people replaced them with digital servos after getting an aftermarket frame. I don't think it is worthwhile in the case of the 130S.
What goes bad with the servos usually?
Jul 08, 2017, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
What goes bad with the servos usually?
Most of the time, a servo just suddenly failed to move after the battery has been plugged in.

Sometimes, everything would appear normal on the ground. But one of the servos would suddenly play up in the air, resulting in a sudden crash. If you then remove the blades and spin the motor up on the ground, you may be able to see the faulty servo twitching.