Blade 130 S - 3D CP heli with motorized tail - Page 24 - RC Groups
Mar 22, 2017, 09:15 PM
Always learning.
0.8 mah! lmao... No wonder it was taking 375 hours to charge each battery!

Sorry, I meant 0.8 A. I suppose Horizon thinks it's safe to charge these stock batteries at 3C? I didn't find any max charge rate information on the website, battery or packaging.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2017, 10:11 AM
So lets get back to talking about the 130s shall we.

HH have advised me that the modulation type would have nothing to do with the tail glitch on this particular model, by that I assume they mean that binding at 11ms or 22ms would make no difference. To be fair that may be correct as mine did fly ok with the Eflite batteries bound at 22ms, although if they recommend you bind at 11ms I am sure it would be preferable to do this if you are able.

So hoping to get my hands on a DX8 tomorrow so will then be able to try the Nano techs at 11ms to see if the tail glitch is still there.

Would be really nice to get this heli flying well with some batteries other than the Eflite ones as these are overpriced, give poor flight times and poor COG, having said that it does actually appear to fly pretty well with these other than being a bit tail heavy.

A better choice would have been a 400-500mah stock battery that does not give any tail glitches, improve COG and give a better flight time.
Mar 23, 2017, 12:13 PM
EAT. SLEEP. FLY.
Yes it would be better if you could use other batt's without issues. - Thanks for the feedback.
Mar 23, 2017, 08:07 PM
FYI - Just got an email from HH, my 130s shipped today. Last time I checked they said Mid-April shipping. Hard to figure shipping dates with those guys. At least it's on it's way, looking forward to its arrival.
Mar 24, 2017, 03:11 AM

Yo

Has it got the power of an MCPXBL ?
Mar 24, 2017, 08:38 AM
Destroyer of Threads

Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX-687
Has it got the power of an MCPXBL ?
It runs on 3S instead of 2S, so it should be 1.5 times faster, right?

I doubt it's as zippy as the mCPX BL... There are countless posts from folks complaining how the mCPX BL is too much for them.

My brushed mCPX v2 is smooth as silk, and I'm not a very good pilot.
(I cheat with lowered rates and mild curves.)
Last edited by Steve_; Mar 24, 2017 at 08:45 AM.
Mar 24, 2017, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddguy6
FYI - Just got an email from HH, my 130s shipped today. Last time I checked they said Mid-April shipping. Hard to figure shipping dates with those guys. At least it's on it's way, looking forward to its arrival.
Just keep folks informed of how it flies. Curious if round two is the same as round one. For me, once the weather gets a little better, I'll probably be ordering one of these too. May???
Mar 24, 2017, 01:11 PM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
It runs on 3S instead of 2S, so it should be 1.5 times faster, right?

I doubt it's as zippy as the mCPX BL...
Wrong!

Though its control system is good enough to make it tamer than a mCPX BL, it can be wound up more towards a 180CFX, i.e. it has a surprisingly wide range.
Mar 25, 2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravedan
Wrong!

Though its control system is good enough to make it tamer than a mCPX BL, it can be wound up more towards a 180CFX, i.e. it has a surprisingly wide range.
Exactly. The mCPX BL is zippy ya, but more like a sloppy out of control lousy handling zippy.

You want tiny micro, zippy, powerful and in control buy a xk k120.
Mar 25, 2017, 11:43 AM
EAT. SLEEP. FLY.
You managed to test with the Dx8 at 11ms yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumdog
So lets get back to talking about the 130s shall we.

HH have advised me that the modulation type would have nothing to do with the tail glitch on this particular model, by that I assume they mean that binding at 11ms or 22ms would make no difference. To be fair that may be correct as mine did fly ok with the Eflite batteries bound at 22ms, although if they recommend you bind at 11ms I am sure it would be preferable to do this if you are able.

So hoping to get my hands on a DX8 tomorrow so will then be able to try the Nano techs at 11ms to see if the tail glitch is still there.

Would be really nice to get this heli flying well with some batteries other than the Eflite ones as these are overpriced, give poor flight times and poor COG, having said that it does actually appear to fly pretty well with these other than being a bit tail heavy.

A better choice would have been a 400-500mah stock battery that does not give any tail glitches, improve COG and give a better flight time.
Mar 25, 2017, 11:56 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
I tried that with the less powerful K110. It flew very nicely, but I just couldn't get over having to fly with that very toyish TX. Yes, everyone says it's "good" for a toyish TX, but I didn't like it and I wasn't spending the money to get a FASST compatible Futaba TX.
Mar 26, 2017, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Exactly. The mCPX BL is zippy ya, but more like a sloppy out of control lousy handling zippy.

+1

Envoyé de mon SM-G920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
Mar 26, 2017, 07:58 AM
If you want something small that can be flown inside or outside with a lot of power that has a good tail try my setup I did with my Blade Nano CPX.

NANO CPX UPGRADED (3 min 23 sec)
Mar 26, 2017, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motp4tj1
If you want something small that can be flown inside or outside with a lot of power that has a good tail try my setup I did with my Blade Nano CPX.

https://youtu.be/IgTxLaXEpTQ
Wow, that's impressive

I see stuff like that, and I'm amazed not only at the skill, but I don't even know how to move the sticks to make those things happen. That is part of why I'm looking at getting the 130s, the beginner kit to 3D.
Mar 27, 2017, 03:30 PM

Now in stock Blade 130S

I just got the email from H.H. that these are now shipping again. After following this short thread I may need some more info. Putting the eflite 300mah 3s battery as a secondary concern, it this little bird worth $ 199.99? Yes I have a 10% and a 20% discount code, but I'm looking for your honest gut feelings. Is it a fun bird to practice with?? Thanks Scott.