Mar 06, 2017, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher
Same Dual Brushless ESC as the Apache
Hmmmm this would have put me on the fence with the 130s instead of super excited. My bad for not doing research. My Apache is on the return to HH list to be repaired or blown up because of dropping from the sky and flying like junk. I am extremely disappointed in this heli, the worst I own from Blade. I feel decieved additionally by the official video as mine has never flown half as good.

I am ok with Big Brother listening in here and am not all negative. I've had issues with other Blade Heli's etc and many without issues, in fact more without. I have an Inductrix, Inductrix FPV, 2 QX3D's, NanoQX, 3 Nano CPS's, 2 200QX quads, 120SR, 130s, 2 180CFX's, 230s, 270CFX, 360CFX Trio and a 4503D. I also have a fleet of fixed wing purchased from HH with a ton of batteries, parts and misc things like goggles and monitors. Im actually ok with the BETA testing aspect if it is disclosed as such. Additionally Ill back a product and company even if there were kinks up front depending on how I am treated thru it. I am also open minded in the sense that they aren't in my opinion officially beta testing on us. You cant replicate real world changes like altitude, weather, care and use, pilot skill level etc from the real world in every possible combination in a lab such as EFlight Blade, Align, Sab Goblin etc have in thier labs. It wouldn't be cost effective as they aren't doing heart transplants or selling formula 1 cars. We shall see about this 130s...

It has remained extremely windy here so I was and will not be flying today. However I will tomorrow in the morning and let everyone know how it goes. I am truly hoping this lil guy flys as good as my 230s as that is one of my most favorite to fly. My 270CFX, 230s, Nano CPS are my top 3 favorite with the 180CFX when the park is too small for 270 and up.

Happy flying, Semper Fi.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2017, 07:21 PM
That's all i ask for: a scaled down slightly more powerful 230s. Love that thing.
Mar 06, 2017, 07:50 PM
Destroyer of Threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
That's all i ask for: a scaled down slightly more powerful 230s. Love that thing.
My 300x needs all new electronics (AR7200 missing, motor worn out, servos are trashed, and I used the ESC on another heli).

The 230s seems like a good "basher" replacement, but I will sure miss the belt driven tail.

The 300 CFX has been out for a while, and will likely be discontinued soon.
Last edited by Steve_; Mar 06, 2017 at 08:03 PM.
Mar 06, 2017, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
My 300x needs all new electronics.

The 230s seems like a good "basher" replacement, but I will sure miss the belt driven tail.
No you won't! This guy holds awesome and no tail vibes, no linkage, no grips, belts, torque tubes. It's really great. Promise.

This has been a super cheap nice little beater. Expect for the weak spot in the front frame she crashes well.

I just used carbon fiber runners to solve that.

Mar 06, 2017, 08:03 PM
Destroyer of Threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
No you won't! This guy holds awesome and no tail vibes, no linkage, no grips, belts, torque tubes. It's really great. Promise.

This has been a super cheap nice little beater. Expect for the weak spot in the front frame she crashes well.

I just used carbon fiber runners to solve that.

By "super cheap", I'm assuming that you are running it mostly stock?

The LHS has tons of stock 230 parts.

Although, I will say that the tail on the 300x was very strong.

I remember crashing, blowing the dirt out of the tail, replacing tail blades, and going right back up.
It's basically the same tail design as the 360 CFX.
Last edited by Steve_; Mar 06, 2017 at 08:11 PM.
Mar 06, 2017, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
By "super cheap", I'm assuming that you are running it mostly stock?

The LHS has tons of stock 230 parts.

Although, I will say that the tail on the 300x was very strong.

I remember crashing, blowing the dirt out of the tail, replacing tail blades, and going right back up.
It's basically the same tail design as the 360 CFX.
Yeah. Break anything and it's like 3 to 8 bucks. Even the whole frame is 6 to 8 bucks.
I keep these blade bnf helis all stock. No reason to chase good money with bad.
Last edited by Thickfog; Mar 06, 2017 at 11:08 PM.
Mar 07, 2017, 09:39 AM
Nano Cpx_120Sr_200Srx=DX6i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher
Same Dual Brushless ESC as the Apache
Really?
Ok...

Now we know...

Another 200srx ESC story... lol

Incredible! Unbeliavable.

But we still need more reports of this glitch!

In the other way...If that's true that is a old school dual esc that was like the 200srx esc... faulty with POD symdrome waiting to get out sometime when he wants... why they just don't put a winner 230s esc in there?
No space?
Last edited by targetingxmod; Mar 07, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
Mar 07, 2017, 05:09 PM
I been having a issue with the tail. When I do a left bank and apply left rudder to turn it kicks back straight for a little bit and then swings back violently to where I'm trying to turn to.....only happens with left rudder. I called HH and they didn't have any advice, I just hope it doesn't cause a crash because when it happens the tail whips back pretty hard! Otherwise the things flies as stable as the 230s
Mar 07, 2017, 06:50 PM
Well after changing my bailout over to a switch I got in 2 good flights and a third with a loss of control. In all fairness the loss of control was a different pack. However I did have a weird out of control temporary spin. There are still issues at hand, im guessing but will keep plugging away. The times are listed in the video description, on Youtube.

Blade 130S reserved flight testing. (12 min 17 sec)
Last edited by DocBull; Mar 07, 2017 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added two words at the end.
Mar 07, 2017, 06:54 PM
To save you all the trouble of heading over to the you tube description for the video above I posted, I just realized its a minor inconvenience, here is what I wrote:

I have been posting my issues on rcgroups and this video is a follow up to a thread I am in and following.

The video is NOTHING spectacular. I flew 2 packs initially. my settings and conditions:

Dx9 Throttle and Pitch curves per the manual
D/R per manual also.

Wind facing the camera being north for the purpose of the video coming in Northwest at a steady 3-4mph with gusts as high as 5-6mph, yes I do check it.

The first two flights with the recommended 3S 11.1V 300mAh were pretty much uneventful except at 6:05 I had a rapid but temporary out of control spin. The helicopter I had just landed to look at my Tx because I had a slight tail wobble that self resolved. I had nothing altered from the recommended settings and made no changes. I spooled up and this occurred in Normal Mode.

The third flight I put in a Kinexsis 3S 11.1v 450mAh, which Iv'e flown before without issues I lost near complete control in IU2 at 11:42. The bird was just lobbing everywhere and not controllable. I had enough to land but it was too late in the day to tackle this issue as people were filling the park making it unsafe for a bird that has issues. I did some basic inverted flight, most of the passes in IU2 and some normal circles in the Normal Mode. You can hear the Tx when its changing. Hope this helps you with your 130s, happy flying. Semper Fi
Mar 08, 2017, 06:23 PM
Doc, is the receiver antenna wire routed anywhere near the main motor? I had an issue with a 200s where the main antenna was routed up beside the main motor and I believe that caused a signal dropout. I rerouted the wire to the rear and fastened it to the tail boom, never had the dropout issue again.
Mar 09, 2017, 02:02 PM
Well, i put it up yesterday. I had all the recommended settings per the manual in my Dx9, was using the 3S battery that came with the heli. The weather was a pilots dream, mayber a breeze as high as 1 to 2 mph if that. I hovered for a minute then flew right and made a pass to the left. With the heli at 30 feet or so I was getting ready to pass again in normal flight mode. My sticks were about mid when the helicopter pitched toward the deck and darted straight down. It is impossible to see in this video on my phone, noticable on my tablet but clear and easy on my tv. Sorry I don't have a zoom on my GoPro on my forehead. I had done nothing on the sticks nor made any changes to the switches etc. The helicopter at times, I recreated it in my kitchen last night, changes pitch to an inverted angle coming down from 60 to 70% throttle after or near mid stick. All of my rates, curves etc are the recommended so I am confused it literally instead of lift flips to slam it downward. I have made new models for this on my Tx. I have also flown other helicopters without issue on the Tx. In each case the 130s recovers on its own and luckily not crashed. I am lucky to have every case on video. I'll say its strange for me in my opinion to have such a issue right outta the box.

Ok so here is were I am at....i spoke with HH, great call. I am sending this back to them. I muted the sound on this video as I was frustrated and vocal about that. While i am frustrated about this issue, I remain excited and want this 130s to fly and be dialed in. I could be miserable and upset that my brand new heli has an issue or look at it this way. I have many helicopters a great portion of which are Blade. I have thousands of flights without issue. Any mechanical device or group is bound to have an issue here and there along the line. Maybe HH thru this will be able to nail down the problem and save others from headaches or maybe not, i simply hope they can figure it out if its large scale or if its just me and get my 130 back in the air. But for now i can't have a heli shooting down in uncontrolled dives especially if people are around, time to ground it and ship it back.

130s video for rcgroups (2 min 4 sec)
Mar 09, 2017, 02:27 PM
EAT. SLEEP. FLY.
Quick Question!

Would this be a good replacement for the Nano CPS?
Mar 09, 2017, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie247
Quick Question!

Would this be a good replacement for the Nano CPS?
Not yet!
Mar 09, 2017, 03:23 PM
I want to take back something i posted on the ESC being the same as for the Apache AH-64. I was just on HH web page for the 130s, got a screen shot as i thought i was losing my mind, they do have the Apache ESC in the parts listing for 130s. It is BLH2519. But at the bottome they have a 2nd ESC listed for the 130s, the correct one or at least the ESC on my heli, BLH9318. Thats about all the energy ill put into that cause i feel better, not that it matters, that the two are different. I just didn't connect w my AH-64. BUT LOVE THE NANO COS.....

Thickfog is right, that a 130S isn't a good replacement at least for now for the CPS. They are 2 different helis in style and in feel in many ways. Nothing compares to the Nano Cps. I learned on that heli my collective so may be partial beyond repair. I've gone thru two, on my third and love it. It is so small i can take it and fly literally anywhere. I've been at church, in alley ways, the beach, parking lots etc. Also fly inside my house, racquet ball court, tennis court too. Being that small also does not raise as many eyebrows, hence people don't call 911 when i pull it out like the 360, lol. It also has enough power and get up for decent wind for its size. I have other micros or have had and no others compair. My only wish would be a different battery.