Jun 25, 2019, 07:16 PM
Colleagues Hello! Tell me what firmware is in your glasses v1? I bought in December, the menu is v1.3.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2019, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionrc
Colleagues Hello! Tell me what firmware is in your glasses v1? I bought in December, the menu is v1.3.
v1.3 relates to the DVR only - nothing to do with the actual goggles or receivers.

There have been 4 releases of the DVR firmware:

1. Original launch firmware, VGA format
2. "D1" firmware
3. v1.2, which added a sound on/off option
4. v1.3 ... don't know what this included.

I'm still running the "D1" firmware as I'm not bothered about the sound option.

The first two versions are available here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37211087

v1.2 is available here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38567433

I don't know where v1.3 can be downloaded from (Aomway no longer have any files on their website).
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jun 26, 2019, 08:52 AM
My review, currently on flash sale for $249! Link in my video description.

Aomway V1S: Comparable to Attitude V5? Only $269... tough decision! FPV Goggle Battle (11 min 46 sec)
Jul 01, 2019, 11:14 AM
Anyone know where to currently buy face cushions for the V1 that are a bit more resilient/tough? I know NewBee used to make them but no longer... and the stock face pads are pretty flimsy/cheap feeling.

That aside, I'll say the V1 are amazing goggles! I picked mine up for $150 new on eBay a month or two ago and couldn't be happier.
Last edited by ginoandres; Jul 01, 2019 at 11:22 AM.
Jul 01, 2019, 11:19 AM
Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

NEW Aomway Commander V1S review The best balanced, performing & value FPV Goggles currently on the market now. This review of these great newly released AOMWAY Commander V1S 5.8Ghz 64CH, Diversity, 3D, HDMI, Built-in DVR, Fan, Support Head Tracking FPV Headset Goggles includes unboxing, inspection, testing, DVR video recording and sharing with other experienced fpv pilots to get a broader spectrum of opinion.

Aomway Commander V1S review - 5,8ghz 64CH Diversity 3D HDMI Built in DVR FPV Goggles (27 min 55 sec)
Jul 01, 2019, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoandres
Anyone know where to currently buy face cushions for the V1 that are a bit more resilient/tough? I know NewBee used to make them but no longer... and the stock face pads are pretty flimsy/cheap feeling.
Banggood sell the Aomway replacement foam pads in 10/13/15mm thickness:

https://www.banggood.com/Aomway-Thic...r_warehouse=CN

Pretty much the same as the ones that come with the goggles but at least you can fit a new one every now and again.

I didn't personally like the NewBee ones ... they were too firm and didn't seal properly on my face. But we're all different!
Jul 01, 2019, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Banggood sell the Aomway replacement foam pads in 10/13/15mm thickness:

https://www.banggood.com/Aomway-Thic...r_warehouse=CN

Pretty much the same as the ones that come with the goggles but at least you can fit a new one every now and again.

I didn't personally like the NewBee ones ... they were too firm and didn't seal properly on my face. But we're all different!
Thanks. Does that mean you have a set of the NewBee ones laying around that you'd part with for a small fee?
Jul 01, 2019, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoandres
Thanks. Does that mean you have a set of the NewBee ones laying around that you'd part with for a small fee?
TBH I'll probably hang on to them as a backup in case the stock foam ones become unavailable. I'm in the UK so shipping them across the Atlantic wouldn't have been cheap anyway!
Jul 01, 2019, 01:49 PM
Quote:
TBH I'll probably hang on to them as a backup in case the stock foam ones become unavailable. I'm in the UK so shipping them across the Atlantic wouldn't have been cheap anyway!
Got it, no problem!
Aug 08, 2019, 10:15 AM
Is it possible to adjust the voltage reading?.. With a 11.8V the goggles reads 10.6V and with a 8.4V it reads 6.5V...I do not care if there is an offset, the problem that the goggles starts bipping and switch off...
Oct 19, 2019, 10:58 AM
Aaron Test
Quote:
v1.3 relates to the DVR only - nothing to do with the actual goggles or receivers.

There have been 4 releases of the DVR firmware:

1. Original launch firmware, VGA format
2. "D1" firmware
3. v1.2, which added a sound on/off option
4. v1.3 ... don't know what this included.

I'm still running the "D1" firmware as I'm not bothered about the sound option.

The first two versions are available here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37211087

v1.2 is available here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38567433

I don't know where v1.3 can be downloaded from (Aomway no longer have any files on their website).
My DVR recordings are always much worse than image in the goggles. Just wondering if a firmware upgrade would improve things? Does anyone have a copy of the v1.3 firmware?

Example of DVR recording:

🚀 Tyro69 Maiden Flight - 2S - Sure Shot 🚀 (3 min 23 sec)

The eachine tyro camera is pants but it's more about the screen flashes that bugs me.
Nov 05, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
I designed some sleeves for my goggles. Works pretty well
Hi. Can you please share those stl files. Thank you.
Nov 05, 2019, 11:39 PM
Has anyone put a protective mask URUAV Fatshark FPV https://clck.ru/JoNMV ?
Nov 06, 2019, 02:27 AM
Ive been having more problems with the contrast/brightness stick. A while ago the contrast stuck at full and I had to strip the goggles down and re-assemble, and oddly this fixed the issue. But now when adjusting brightness, the contrast maxes out and the format changes as well, so looks like I need a new board - not good when this happens in flight. Hopefully Aomway will send the new part.
Nov 08, 2019, 07:34 AM
Complete noobie to this and bought my first pair for 200 shipped when the V1S came out then just bought a second pair for my nephew at 141 shipped. The last pair took 3 weeks from ordering them, received last week. So if you're in the UK get them now as they are still at the sale price. Checked 5' ago. Considering these are my first FPV goggles ever I'm pretty impressed with them even though it did take me a while to get round everything as I didn't find the booklet much good.

Quick Reply