Servo shaft, coupler and axis? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 23, 2016, 05:51 PM
Discussion

Servo shaft, coupler and axis?

Hi there!

I have a few automationproject including the contionous rotation SM-S4315R servo.
https://www.robot-r-us.com/vmchk/mot...ion-servo.html

Im trying to find a coupler fitting the output shaft of the servos. If I read correct, this servo should fit the standard Futaba output. (Link above).

I need a shaft, coupler and axis that will correspond to this:

Picture of the output shaft: (25T, 5.9mm)

I also need a axis like on this picture: (8mm)

Ive searched for a few days now, and its a jungle!

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Istvan_Sz; Nov 23, 2016 at 06:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2016, 05:06 AM
Hi,

The coupler is the same as what used for stopping wheels rolling out from landing gear wire.
So, you could find out such coupler, with 5.90 mm inner diameter, from your local hobby shop or any online ones. It should be able to fit the output shaft of your Futaba servo well, though this is GWS forum. And the shaft you searched I'm sure you could find out the piano wire in that thickness from metal stores or even the same hobby shop, better an old shop stocks Nitro R/C airplanes mostly.

Chen
Nov 29, 2016, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi,

The coupler is the same as what used for stopping wheels rolling out from landing gear wire.
So, you could find out such coupler, with 5.90 mm inner diameter, from your local hobby shop or any online ones. It should be able to fit the output shaft of your Futaba servo well, though this is GWS forum. And the shaft you searched I'm sure you could find out the piano wire in that thickness from metal stores or even the same hobby shop, better an old shop stocks Nitro R/C airplanes mostly.

Chen
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Please show me.
Ive been searching for a few weeks after work for the right coupler and axis, have not found one yet...
Nov 30, 2016, 03:55 AM
How about searching these from eBay, or your local hobby shops.

Chen