Nov 23, 2016, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

First Build complete but shakes when hovering.

@flyandride Thanks for the suggestion on SPRacing F3. Set up was fairly simple and easy to follow. So I got the quad done (less fpv gear) but it shakes a lot when hovering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2016, 03:59 PM
im having the same issue, i was told 1 or more of three things, props out of balance, pids are screwed up, CG out of whack and the quad's trying to compensate.

i've fixed the last one, i have pids pretty much ok minor tweaking needed, now to wait for my balancer to come.

Nice clean build too
Nov 23, 2016, 04:58 PM
MA, USA
Does lowering the P-gain improve things?
Nov 23, 2016, 10:54 PM
On that frame, most likely vibrations. Could be props out of balance. Are those GWS props?

Can you outline your complete build. What motors, ESC's, etc.. I get that you are flying a SPRacing F3 FC, but it would be useful to know the motors, ESC's, and props too.
Nov 24, 2016, 08:23 PM
Physics, or is it fizzix?
Probably PID tuning. Here's a link to a description of how to tune along with a video. You may need to watch the video several times to understand what does what.
http://myfirstdrone.com/tutorials/ho...-a-quadcopter/
There are many videos on how to do it on Youtube.
I don't know how many channels your Futaba has. What I do is set up at least 3 channels for in flight adjustment of pitch and roll P, pitch and roll I and pitch and roll D. Being able to adjust in flight lets you quickly see what the effects of tuning are. I set up a switch with 3 flight modes so I can bail to angle mode if things get out of hand while tuning. I use a Taranis but the process should be about the same for your radio.
Tuning needs to be done in acro mode, once that's done the values for angle and horizon usually work, sometimes need a little strengthening or weakening.
I like to tune the P with the quad tethered, the reason is that I want to give it full throttle and see what it does. I string a line across the garage about 3 feet off the floor so the quad can sit on a box and lift the line a couple feet but not hit the floor if it gets out of control. Zip ties hold the quad to the line on the roll axis.
Throttle up, pull the box away and tune the P. The I and D is done at the flying spot.
Nov 24, 2016, 08:34 PM
Physics, or is it fizzix?
BigDave, did you do the epoxy around the connectors on the SP F3?
Nov 25, 2016, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandride
BigDave, did you do the epoxy around the connectors on the SP F3?

Yes and thank you for that tip along with this video. I will study it closely and hopefully figure out how to correct it.

Quick Reply