Nov 23, 2016, 10:58 AM
Kicking Tires
New Product

FlightLineRC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat

So it turns out “Lelu” was a ‘Cat, after all.

“WAIT… WHAT?”
Surprise, Surprise! Just in time for the Holidays!

Motion RC is proud to introduce the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat, the world’s first mass production foam electric RC Tigercat. Officially licensed by Northrop Grumman, the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat’s 1600mm wingspan and 1/10 sport scale matches the FlightLineRC P-38 Lightning. In the air, the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat exhibits fantastic stability, is very easy to control at a wide speed range, and has a predictable stall with easy recovery. We designed this aircraft to be a superb balance between top speed, vertical performance, flight duration, grass operation, convenient transport, sport scale realism, and overall presentation.

“GRASS?”
For all you grass guys out there, our Tigercat delivers on all five of the commonly requested improvements from our exceptionally popular 1600mm P-38 Lightning: 1) Taller wheels (80mm mains!), 2) Wider wheels, 3) Softer wheels, 4) More scale looking hubs, 5) More scale nose rake and gear geometry. We’ll also be offering an aluminum suspension strut upgrade for pilots with especially rough grass fields, although so far we’ve tested the Tigercat on the stock struts in up to 2” tall grass without issue.

“WHEN?”
The best part of this Tigercat Announcement is that we anticipate the initial shipment will arrive in mid-December. They departed Asia over three weeks ago. We wanted to keep as short a pre-order interval as possible by also keeping this aircraft secret for as long as possible. Product page below:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nt=30792051212

“DETAILS?”
Meticulously designed to incorporate EPO foam, wood, plastic, and carbon reinforcements, our design is easy to assemble and maintain, and delivers the strength and power to satisfy any RC airplane pilot. The main wing halves, horizontal stabilizer, and two engine nacelles each install with four screws. A new pliable ribbon wiring harness simplifies each wing connection to one instead of five, so the wing can be attached in less than one minute. The antenna and gun barrels are also designed to slide out to prevent damage during transport. A plastic nose cone, cowls, and doors are designed for longevity.

The generously sized battery bay can accommodate your batteries, receiver, and optional gyro in a cleanly organized layout. The full coverage plastic cabin doors are spring-hinged for simple and reliable operation and plastic radial engine details add realism to your model. To ensure a secure fit, the cockpit of this FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat is held on by both magnets and a sliding latch. The FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat arrives with dependable electronics pre-installed, and every servo in the aircraft is a Digital Metal Gear servo. The aircraft uses our DayBright 3W LEDs for visibility. Static wingtip lights remain on, and the single landing light turns on only when the landing gear is down, for ultimate realism like the full scale aircraft.

As with other FlightLineRC warbirds, the F7F-3 Tigercat arrives expertly painted and ready to customize. Three tone painted engine detail sets the stage for a modeling detailer’s delight! Four sets of adhesive vinyl decals are also included in the box. Choose from these decals or recreate your own historic livery as you wish!

“PERFORMANCE?”
The F7F-3’s generous main wing area allows a short takeoff distance of 15-20 meters, and its 70mm diameter nose wheel and 80mm diameter main wheels and thick steel struts are excellent for operating on typical grass airfields. An optional aluminum compression strut upgrade is available for atypically rougher grass conditions. The Tigercat’s tricycle landing gear reduces the risk of tipping forward after landing, and makes taxing on the ground very stable. Four flaps slow the aircraft for controlled power on landings at low speed. We recommend a Down Elevator Mix to correspond with flap deployment.

For thrilling efficient power, the aircraft features a pair of 3748-600kv brushless motors, 3-blade 12x7 propellers (Standard and Reverse rotation), and two 60A ESCs. The Tigercat uses the same propeller blades as the FlightLineRC P-38. The model’s top speed is 125kph/78mph, and comfortable flight duration ranges between 5 and 7 minutes on either a pair of 4s 3000mAh or 4s 3600mAh lipo batteries, respectively. Maximum flight duration has been tested up to 12 minutes with throttle management. For even faster speeds approaching 155kph/97mph and extended vertical performance, an optional Sport Power System utilizing 3648-880kv motors and 2-Blade 12x8 propellers is available for separate purchase.

“PICTURES AND VIDEO?”
Mike and Ryan will be publishing an official Motion RC Build Video within 2-3 days, and an official Motion RC Flight Video sometime next week or so.

We also engaged a small group of early reviewers earlier this month to capture pictures and videos of Tigercats in the four optional liveries. They will be posting their honest thoughts, pictures, and videos here at different times throughout the coming week or so, so stay tuned! These men and a special lady are highly valued for their trustworthiness and objectivity, and we thank them for their hard work to wring out this aircraft in great detail.

“STOP TALKING. SHOW ME PICTURES.”
First salvo, incoming!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_i...referrer=watch
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2016, 10:59 AM
AA6JB
MotionRC FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat (0 min 30 sec)

I am very excited to have been involved in what will assuredly go down in history as the best kept secret/new warbird announcement of 2016/2017! I penned a full review article for the AMA's Model Aviation magazine and it should appear in the February 2017 issue, available in a few weeks. We plan to be down at the AMA West Expo in January, with a FlightLineRC F7F-3 on display in the AMA booth.

MotionRC really pulled the stops out on this one! Pilots have been pining for an electric powered foam composition Tigercat for a looong time. Pilots who love their FlightLineRC P-38, and I'm definitely in that crowd, will likely love the F7F-3 Tigercat even more. I am fortunate enough to have been flying both a late prototype and a production version F7F-3 for the better part of two months now. It is a fantastic flying twin and pilots who have thus far been hesitant to venture into the world of electric twins no longer have any reason to wait. Hop off the fence and go for it! This Tigercat is a pussycat. Large diameter tires pave the way for pilots who are limited to grass field ops, with an optional pair of suspension equipped gear being available at the same time that this model initially arrives at MotionRC.

Last edited by Bajora; Nov 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM.
Nov 23, 2016, 11:00 AM
WOWZA!
(It's thanksgiving already? LOL)
Looks awesome. great details
Nov 23, 2016, 11:00 AM
Kicking Tires
Reserved for more goodies.
Nov 23, 2016, 11:01 AM
Wow
Nov 23, 2016, 11:01 AM
Kicking Tires
Vroom Vroom
Nov 23, 2016, 11:05 AM
Very cool looking model. I know this is going to make some people very happy. I just looked at some RC Tigercat videos on youtube. Sitting on the ground you expect it to be faster in the air. Most of the clips are pretty boring. This plane would be cool as like a 6s rocketship. I know the scale police won't concur.. But..

(Edit - just saw the bit about the sport power upgrade.. Awesome..)

Anyway, huge respect to Flightline for putting out yet another cool model..

Next release - a real, meaningful presence in Europe..
Nov 23, 2016, 11:05 AM
All my prayers have been answered! I will order 2!

Wait.............. ordered!
Last edited by electricboy; Nov 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM.
Nov 23, 2016, 11:13 AM
I hate waiting for parts
I know that's gonna make a lot of warbird aficionados very happy. Congrats on what looks like to be another winner!
Nov 23, 2016, 11:19 AM
Foam abuser!
So awesome! Glad to see a nice sized foam Tigercat offering! Looking forward to having one in the hangar!

EDIT - Pre-order is in!

Pat
Nov 23, 2016, 11:20 AM
Just fly it!
I know I said I'd never pre-order again after the Bearcat but this is a must have. Ordered!

I've been a Tigercat enthusiast and I have to say you guys did a magnificent job on the landing gear! The details at the price point are spot on! Great job!
Last edited by Beeg; Nov 23, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
Nov 23, 2016, 11:23 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Lelu is one awesome flying warbird. Another outstanding offering from Team Motion & FlightlineRC.
Nov 23, 2016, 11:25 AM
YEESSS!!! any idea when they will be available in Europe?
Nov 23, 2016, 11:28 AM
killickb
The Vampire has slipped yet again -- my order is in !
Nov 23, 2016, 11:29 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
This plane is a "Beauty" and sets the bar hands down

Quick Reply