Quanum Overlord and Half-Overlord 5.8GHz Receivers - Page 2 - RC Groups
Dec 01, 2016, 11:55 PM
Should do this with the Fatsharks. Make it go all around the head like a construction hat.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2016, 07:27 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316
Should do this with the Fatsharks. Make it go all around the head like a construction hat.
Ha! Now that's a pretty funny and awesome idea; a helmet made out of patch antennas!!

Dec 02, 2016, 08:13 AM
Keep Looking Up
This is going to be me in the spring....
Dec 02, 2016, 09:25 PM
As if we dont look wierd enough with 2 antennae sticking out of our head. Quanum wants to add more.
Dec 03, 2016, 11:27 PM
Would this work better then a 5.8 GHz 3 Turn RHCP Helical?
Dec 05, 2016, 12:46 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer
Would this work better then a 5.8 GHz 3 Turn RHCP Helical?
Depends on your style of flying. For straight out and straight back distance runs, the helical might yield a little more distance. But for pushing the boundaries and exploring, you can't beat the theoretical coverage that both of these units offer. I say theoretical because I've yet to see them in action.
Dec 06, 2016, 10:30 AM
This is so cool! I wish that it wouldn't include any antennas though. That would cut down the cost considerably and make the product more appealing to a wider crowd. The Aomway patch antennas are pretty cheap at $14 a pop from HK, but when five of them are included the cost skyrockets. Plus the antennas are reported to have pretty bad performance.

I personally would buy one of these receivers if there was a version without antennas and couple it with a few second-hand VAS helicals/crosshairs that sell in the RCG classifieds. I'll bet that the new Menace Invader patch would work awesome with this system too.
Dec 17, 2016, 07:14 AM
John Hendry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTfan
This is so cool! I wish that it wouldn't include any antennas though. That would cut down the cost considerably and make the product more appealing to a wider crowd. The Aomway patch antennas are pretty cheap at $14 a pop from HK, but when five of them are included the cost skyrockets. Plus the antennas are reported to have pretty bad performance.

I personally would buy one of these receivers if there was a version without antennas and couple it with a few second-hand VAS helicals/crosshairs that sell in the RCG classifieds. I'll bet that the new Menace Invader patch would work awesome with this system too.
To be fair a lot of people like some of Aomway's antennas and a patch antenna is pretty simple so I'm thinking HK was able and sure to get Aomway to get "this" patch antenna tuned well. I'd try replacing the center antenna first and then one of the patch antenna. I like this concept and with good quality parts it's going to perform well... be nice if it had Clearview;-)
Jan 22, 2017, 04:51 AM

Review

Hi
Hope you'll like it

Recensione Quanum OVERLORD (14 min 18 sec)
Feb 04, 2017, 03:43 AM
Keep Looking Up
Hmm....

Aomway 5.8GHz FPV Patch Panel Directional Antenna (17 min 22 sec)
Feb 08, 2017, 07:30 PM
Wild & Crazy
Im dissatisfied with the Overlord, when it powers my headplay goggles the 2200 3s lipo lasts only about 20 minutes before i get low voltage alarms, they advertised this to have a 1.5 hour life .thats BS , So im having externally adding a 8000mah 3s lipo to the stand in order for me to fly about a hour.
Mar 01, 2017, 05:06 AM

It needs some work . . .

Deleted.

Post moved to Discussion forum
Last edited by Ken_Jungles; Mar 01, 2017 at 05:19 AM. Reason: wrong forum
Mar 01, 2017, 06:04 PM
Keep Looking Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_Jungles
Deleted.

Post moved to Discussion forum
Where?