Fuel tank fill line q's - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 22, 2004, 11:35 AM
Charlie Toms

Fuel tank fill line q's

On a plane like the Hangar 9 Funtana 40, how do you fill the fuel tank with the cowl over the engine?

On my other plane I just pulled off the line to the carb and filled the tank that way.

Do I run a third line from the tank and have some sort of clamp on it when not filling.

Thanks
Charlie
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2004, 01:26 PM
Senior Member unum multum
Charlie:

I've seen it done a couple of ways.

Run 3 Lines. Connect the third line to a fuel dot thats mounted through the cowel. The fuel dot will plug the line when not in use and allow you a port to re-fuel.

Or,

you can run 2 lines and connect a fuel dot between the tank-to-carb line
using a tee.

Mike
Sep 22, 2004, 02:00 PM
Calm winds and CAVU skies
Or you can use another product like this one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK135&P=0 I haven't had a problem with mine so far, but I've been told that the valve doesn't close completely after a while. When that happens, you don't get fuel to the carb.
Sep 23, 2004, 10:32 AM
They are right globemaster. After 4 years on my corsair I finally had to change one out. Looked like the small rubber seal loosened and was causing the valve to stick. No big deal, it paid for itself after 4 years of pretty heavy flying.

- Kevin