Piper Pawnee Scale Build - RC Groups
Nov 22, 2016, 06:20 AM
Discussion

Piper Pawnee Scale Build

Ive started my new Piper PA-25 Pawnee, using as base kit, a hostetler kit.
Ill post some pics so you guys can see the work.
Ima improving the canopy area because is totaly out of scale, as it comes.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2016, 10:50 AM
moving fast, nice work, nice build
Nov 23, 2016, 10:01 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
Lookin' Good. Roll on!! Brian
Nov 24, 2016, 07:27 AM
Thank you Ragwing and Brian.
This weekend ill compete at Brazilian Scale Cup (F4H) so there will be no work on it.
Maybe next week ill have the wings started.
Once they are ok, i can finally start the scale cockpit and other details.

Im thinking how to do the hopper. Functional or not.... good question to think about those days.
Nov 25, 2016, 09:18 AM
I've always liked these planes for all of their scale fiddly bits that can be done. I think this is just an optical illusion, but in your 8th picture above looking down the length of the fuselage from the tail it looks like the fuse is crooked or warped. Not being critical, just wondering if the picture is lying to me!

Keep up the great work.

Dion
Dec 02, 2016, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dion9146
I've always liked these planes for all of their scale fiddly bits that can be done. I think this is just an optical illusion, but in your 8th picture above looking down the length of the fuselage from the tail it looks like the fuse is crooked or warped. Not being critical, just wondering if the picture is lying to me!

Keep up the great work.

Dion
Thanks for your comment.
It really appears a little, but i was looking on the model, and its straight. Strange...

There will be a lot of work ahead.
Dec 02, 2016, 05:30 AM
Ive made a mistake while making the canopy. The tube didnt come from the bottom, but from the panel.
So i made it again.
Also started the wings and the central wing part, that is already glued at the fuse.
This will be a long job because i will make the tubes for the "crop duster" system, so there will be smoke coming out from it.

Based on the full scale plane, i made the new "end of wing", wich is not circular.
Increased 3 more ribs on it.
the gap on the last pic is due not sanding the spars. I was just checking the size and the fit.
Dec 05, 2016, 11:40 AM
This weekend ive maded the oppening for radio and other stuff items inside the fuselage, finished the lateral wood line and joined one wing part.
Dec 15, 2016, 03:42 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS

A+

Looking good!!! Thanks. Brian
Dec 20, 2016, 06:04 AM

More Progress - Slowly and Carefully

Made the interior improvements and joined the first wing piece, thats almost completely done.
Will make the other wing panel and next, work at the tail surfaces.
Dec 20, 2016, 04:36 PM
Dinosaur
I'm enjoying this build thread. Thanks for sharing it and your talents with us.
The Pawnee has always been a favorite of mine and I'm currently flying an 80" Hanger 9 ARF which I'd like to use as a basis for a more detailed scale plane someday soon.

You've probably seen this photo but I thought I'd attach it for your enjoyment anyway.

Good luck and please keep the progress reports coming. And, happy holidays.

Tom
Dec 26, 2016, 04:36 AM
Thanks for watching and for your photo.
My pawnee will be different from the factory because im using as model, the full scale from AGROSSOL, from Casa Branca, SP, BRA.
The main difference is about the wing, wich is not oval, but "squared" indeed.
Other details has changed also, as the cockpit rear windows is painted and the rear part of turtledeck is fiberglass made, not covered.