Nov 21, 2016, 02:47 PM
New Product

Pike Dynamic F5J

Yes friends, Samba finally has something new for 2017! The Pike Dynamic. I know very little right now, but it seems it is an evolution of the Perfection concept and maintains much of the Perfection's design elements although all the parts and molds are brand new.

Thinner wing, slimmer fuse with new production technology to greatly reduce weights. Solid cored tails that are lighter.

From Samba-

We are very glad to inform you that new model is ready for Production. PIKE Dynamic
we have already done many of flying tests and comparisons with Perfection. thanks to bigger dihedral (ont the wing tips) the model circles much better.
joiners will be availlable in both dihedral options.
wings have optimalized profile for F5J , wider flaps and ailerons for better brakes efficiency. Wing section is designed for better lifting up and much better penetration with lower weight.
Fuselage is shinner and is produced by improved technology and better materials
weight of empty fuselage for light model is 120 g compare to perfection fuse 190 g with comparable stiffness
full core rudder with weight about 21 g - again lighter than perfection
elevator will be also made same technology like rudder

Updates info from Samba-

"Dynamic has been designed for f5j but will be used also for f3j
wing span is slightly smaller than perfection and wing area is the same. Fuselage length is 161 cm and is available only with 32 mm bulkhead.

Wing is available only with LDS linkage (there will be arms for lds in ailerons and flaps). On request we will not fix lds arms and customer needs to fix arms in ailerons and flaps for conventional linkage himself.

weight starts on cca 1100g "

I will be getting much more info in the days to come and will post it all here. Some teaser photos....
Last edited by ak79; Nov 22, 2016 at 05:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2016, 04:02 PM
Looks great !

Fuse is already 70 grams lighter so I would assume the AUW will be in the 1200 range with an appropriate airfoil.

Pretty impressive considering dudes rock 5J competitions with the Perfection in Europe regularly.

Great job Samba.
Nov 24, 2016, 07:41 AM
Looks GORGEOUS Ali!!!!
Nov 24, 2016, 01:49 PM
Marc PUJOL Paris,Fr
Fuselage is still too small.

For the rest, this has to be seen in flight...

Marc
Nov 24, 2016, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc.pujol
Fuselage is still too small.
You mean short or thin

I have no doubts, Dynamic an improvement over Perfection, which was improvement over Perfect, which was improvement over Superior... Time will tell if Dynamic becomes a classic like it's predecessors have become.

I have one practical issue with dynamic. 2 part wing is not compatible with my transport system.
Nov 24, 2016, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo
You mean short or thin

I have no doubts, Dynamic an improvement over Perfection, which was improvement over Perfect, which was improvement over Superior... Time will tell if Dynamic becomes a classic like it's predecessors have become.

I have one practical issue with dynamic. 2 part wing is not compatible with my transport system.
I lobbied Samba for a 3 piece wing.
Nov 24, 2016, 03:54 PM
I will admit, I love the two piece wing design. But I am not traveling via airlines either.

Marc
Nov 24, 2016, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79
Not that I can afford one, but the 2 piece wing would be a non-starter for me as well ;(
Nov 25, 2016, 01:33 AM
Bro
Bro

Pike Dynamic

Howdy;

Some eye candy from our friends at Samba....

From the guys that go back to stocking the Brio, Giant, and Superior....
Still have parts for them too!

Best,
Bob
Latest blog entry: 2015
Nov 25, 2016, 08:50 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79
Me too. Another "pass" from me.

Radian
www.phflyers.com
Nov 25, 2016, 11:38 AM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
What's the span on the Dynamic?
Nov 25, 2016, 12:38 PM
Bro
Bro

Pike Dynamic

Jim,

The info I see is 3680mm... I am sure the drawings will come soon!
We are being told pricing "about" +250-300 north of Perfection.

Best,
Bob
Latest blog entry: 2015
Nov 25, 2016, 04:04 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro
Jim,

The info I see is 3680mm... I am sure the drawings will come soon!
We are being told pricing "about" +250-300 north of Perfection.

Best,
Bob
Me likey the photos.
Me not likely the price!

Happy Black Friday everyone!!!!

Jim
Nov 27, 2016, 01:13 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Actually, when you see all the work and technology that goes into these planes, the prices make sense.

Let's see some more manufacturing photos, that's cool stuff.
Nov 27, 2016, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
Actually, when you see all the work and technology that goes into these planes, the prices make sense.

Let's see some more manufacturing photos, that's cool stuff.
Unfortunately, for many of us, the price is unaffordable, even if it is completely reasonable considering the cost of designing, tooling & manufacturing these beautiful aircraft.