Aug 07, 2021, 07:03 AM

Build questions

The plans are in PDF format there are some options
  • Copy the file to a flash drive and take it to a copy shop whoo will print it on a large format printer (I think A1)
  • Use a poster print program the wiil cut the large page into smaller pages print them at A4

2 Can I build the wing without rib stiffeners and trailing edge reinforcement? I think it would be easier for me on my first project like this. For example ready-made wing Hacker Cloud 1.5 don't have those elements.

No, the hacker cloud is a dual skin wing, the lutefisk is single skin. the rib stiffeners form the leading edge and give the aerofoil shape.

3. About preparing lines. What kind of line can I use for lower lines? Why lower lines are thicker than the upper? Can I use the same fishing line as for upper lines (like in Hacker Cloud or some other ready-made wings)? If I understand plans correctly, C and D lines have common lower line. So there are 4 upper cascades A, B, C and D, but 3 rows of lower lines, first for A, second for B and third for C and D?

Think about it. The two risers each carry half the load of the gondola.
There are 6 A lines, 6 B lines, 6 C lines and 6 D lines. That is 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 24 lines. Therefore each will carry 1/24 of the gondola load.
Each A, B, C and D line split into either 2 or 4 lines, If 4 lines the each line will carry 1/4 of 1/24 of the gondola load. or 1/96.
Hence, the upper lines can be smaller than the lower lines.

4. Can I attach lines to the ribs and wingtips in other way than sewed string loop? For example making a hole in rib corner and thread the line through?

NO! The material and lines are too thin for the load you are putting on the lines. The Loos are to spread the load into the wing ribs. The thin line will easily cut through ripstop.

5. I've uploaded provided Lutefisk project file into a SingleSkin software and I think it doesn't give correct line lengths, or I can't read them correctly. For example A1 lower line has 628 mm on plans, but 62.6 cm (64.2 cm) in singleskin. A1-1 upper, 652 mm on plans, but around 30 cm in singleskin. Three different lengths in brackets and some additional sublevel. I've attached a screenshot with those lengths. How should I read them if, for example, I want to build my own wing?

When in doubt follow the plan! Use the dimensions on the plan they where arrived at after much testing. If you use the dimensions from SingleSkin you are designing your own paraglider!

Can this wing fly with EMAX RS2205 2300Kv motor, 6x4.5 prop and Tower-Pro mg-90 1.8 kg servos?

NO!

The servo force is usually given at 1cm look at the length of the arms on the lutefisk gondola plan. with a 10 cm arm the pull would be 1.8kg/10 = 0.18kg at 20cm it woud be 1.8/20 = 0.09. Not enough power. When you crash the arm will push back against the servo motor and gear propably stripping the gears.

The long length of the servo arm and the loading in event of a crash is the reason for the large metal gear servos.

The hobbyking paramotor uses this wing, and gondola. Use the same motor, prop and servos as that uses.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2021, 03:23 AM
MACH 25

RC Paraglider GoPro Camera Chase Plane

RC PARAGLIDER GOPRO CAMERA CHASE PLANE:

A slow flying Opterra 2m flying wing chosen as chase plane for aerial GoPro video of inflight RC paraglider flights. Purchased this re-released aircraft when became available June 2021. Can be purchased from:

1. Horizon Hobby:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...EFL111500.html

2. TowerHobbies:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...EFL111500.html

The stock all white wing is plain and boring. Clean and simple color scheme using 2-3 coats of water based spray can polyurethane on painted foam parts. Red rudders and winglets sprayed with Krylon glosss banner red, with flat black nose, hatch and prop spinner.

Prop/Motor Size:
Aircraft powered by 3536/1300 Kv electric motor with a 9x5 inch folding propeller. This is same recommended minimum motor size with a 10 inch propeller for the RC Lutefisk paragliders.

Photos of wing below showing paint scheme, nose mounted GoPro Camera and folding propeller.
Last edited by Supedupersauce; Aug 24, 2021 at 02:20 AM.
Sep 11, 2021, 03:17 PM
R/C Air Adventures
Thread OP
Wow, this is a heckuva thing - I have not even looked at this post for a very long time, but am glad to see there has been so much interest.

I also see that Supedupersauce has pretty much taken over the thread - that's fine, since he has obviously put a lot of effort into it. I just have a couple of minor issues:

1: The LuteFisk (nor the Vindaloo for that matter) is NOT a clone of the Opale 1.1. It is the same size out of convenience and to give me a chance to evaluate my wing 'apples to apples' with another of comparable size. There are many differences - Supedupersauce does a fine job of putting the basic specifications up, but does nothing to address core design parameters and their differences. I have no way of knowing the Opale bridle angle, specific airfoil, angle at center versus angle at wingtip, camber decrease percentage, etc. In order to know those data one would need access to the original design files - heck, they could very well be using SingleSkin to design their wings as well - it certainly looks like they might be. I made at least a dozen prototype wings, both double and single skin before even purchasing an Opale. Even then, it was primarily for flight experience and proper evaluation of my own wing. There are a number of differences, which he does not adequately address. One could make the same case about wings from Dudek and Ozone as well, I suppose.

2: Supedupersauce has also been contacting me and has even joined my patreon following and continues to insist that I look at his designs and use his loading tables and use his models. Albeit cool, these are toys - let's just relax a bit. I prefer to gather and compile data for myself. I have put a lot of work into all of this and am getting a little uncomfortable with some of the things going on. Why not say that my 3mē wing is also a clone?

@Supedupersauce : what exactly do you want from me? You came to me at one point wanting some sort of a partnership and I tried to put you in touch with my contact, after which you went silent.

Thank you to all that have been involved in and are enjoying this model. I'm quite glad to see so many folks experiencing these models. I continue to design new wings - my newest are a redux of the Lutefisk with much improved stability and performance (just maidened it a week ago) and a 2.2mē version that has had a few great flights on it thus far. No more with HK, I'm afraid.

-James
Oct 12, 2021, 12:11 PM
What happened to R/C Air Adventures Youtube channel?
Canīt find it anymore.

/Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmason42
Wow, this is a heckuva thing - I have not even looked at this post for a very long time, but am glad to see there has been so much interest.

I also see that Supedupersauce has pretty much taken over the thread - that's fine, since he has obviously put a lot of effort into it. I just have a couple of minor issues:

1: The LuteFisk (nor the Vindaloo for that matter) is NOT a clone of the Opale 1.1. It is the same size out of convenience and to give me a chance to evaluate my wing 'apples to apples' with another of comparable size. There are many differences - Supedupersauce does a fine job of putting the basic specifications up, but does nothing to address core design parameters and their differences. I have no way of knowing the Opale bridle angle, specific airfoil, angle at center versus angle at wingtip, camber decrease percentage, etc. In order to know those data one would need access to the original design files - heck, they could very well be using SingleSkin to design their wings as well - it certainly looks like they might be. I made at least a dozen prototype wings, both double and single skin before even purchasing an Opale. Even then, it was primarily for flight experience and proper evaluation of my own wing. There are a number of differences, which he does not adequately address. One could make the same case about wings from Dudek and Ozone as well, I suppose.

2: Supedupersauce has also been contacting me and has even joined my patreon following and continues to insist that I look at his designs and use his loading tables and use his models. Albeit cool, these are toys - let's just relax a bit. I prefer to gather and compile data for myself. I have put a lot of work into all of this and am getting a little uncomfortable with some of the things going on. Why not say that my 3mē wing is also a clone?

@Supedupersauce : what exactly do you want from me? You came to me at one point wanting some sort of a partnership and I tried to put you in touch with my contact, after which you went silent.

Thank you to all that have been involved in and are enjoying this model. I'm quite glad to see so many folks experiencing these models. I continue to design new wings - my newest are a redux of the Lutefisk with much improved stability and performance (just maidened it a week ago) and a 2.2mē version that has had a few great flights on it thus far. No more with HK, I'm afraid.

-James
Oct 15, 2021, 11:02 AM
Aspiring 3D pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAVDZIC
New video. Test flight.
Weight about 1100 gr.
Wind conditions 2-3 meters with gusts.
https://youtu.be/b9ssA5idGXc
Marvelous!
To see the arms moving makes the difference.
Nov 28, 2021, 11:07 PM
Yes even I can't find R/C Air Adventures Youtube channel.

Does anyone know about it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quick Reply