Graupner mz-24 Pro 12 Channel 2.4G.HZ HoTT Transmitter - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Graupner mz-24 Pro 12 Channel 2.4G.HZ HoTT Transmitter

Graupner's new mz-24 transmitter has 12 proportional channels and comes with a case and three receivers.

Splash

Introduction

The new Graupner mz-24 PRO 12 Channel 2.4G.HZ HoTT Color TFT Transmitter Red is now available, but in limited quantities. At present they have it available at a reduced price and it comes with some nice goodies including an aluminum case, one 8-channel receiver and two 6-channel receivers, a charger, connecting wires to update and a micro 4GB SD card and holder. This transmitter is designed to control: planes, helicopters, quadcopters, boats, cars and more. It has a built in 30 model memory but with the micro SD card the number of models is virtually unlimited. It includes telemetry and much much more. I have received this transmitter and a review is under way for RC Groups. For now here is some basic information and more is available at Graupner's Website.

Included Items

INCLUDES

• Machined-Aluminum quad bearing 4096 resolutions gimbals
  • External accessible stick tension adjustments
  • Real-time SD-card data logging of critical flight information
  • Balanced weight distribution of radio with comfortable rubber hand grips
  • External DSC port for flight simulator connections or third party devices
  • External data port for optional Bluetooth
  • 5000 mAh LiPo battery
  • Available in red and silver color
  • Updateable firmware with Graupner Firmware Update Studio
  • WARRANTY:Two Year Warranty
  • Currently Includes:1 x 8ch, 2 x 6ch receivers, radio case, 5000 mAh LiPo, charger, SD card and more
  • Current Price:$469.90
  • Retail List Price:$563.88

More Specifics

• Easy-to-use graphical programming menus
  • 3.5-inch TFT color and touch screen
  • 12 programmable proportional channels
  • Model types for airplanes, sailplanes, helicopters, multirotor, cars and boats
  • Flight phase assignable and programmable voice switches
  • User created and user assignable voice files
  • Real-time telemetry voice announcements and alerts
  • User assignable switches and proportional controls
  • In-flight auto trim of airplanes
  • 14 wing types for airplanes and sailplanes
  • Ready to go wing and flap mixers
  • 8 programmable mixers, 5 linear and 3 curve mixers
  • Wide range of sailplane programming, butterfly, camber, aileron differential
  • Wireless student and teacher mode
  • 10 logical switch assignments
  • 3 channel servo sequencer
  • Dual, triple rates and expos
  • Adjustable trim steps 0 to 10
  • Selectable frame rates of 10ms or 20ms
  • 6 flight modes with voice announcements
  • Multi receiver binding for expansion and system redundancy
  • User adjustable mode selection (1, 2, 3 or 4)
  • MP3 player (uses SD card up to 32 Gb)
  • HoTTSync for exclusive and safe operation of your models
  • Use of up to 75 frequency hopping channels to ensure operating reliability
  • 30 model memories with almost unlimited model storage on SD memory card
  • Support for digital SUMD or SUMO (PPM) outputs for third party controllers*
  • mz-24 PRO Transmitter Red
  • 1 x GR-16L 8ch receiver
  • 2 x GR-12L 6ch receiver
  • 5000 mAh LiPo Battery
  • Battery Charger
  • USB PC interface set
  • USB interface adapter wire
  • USB Cable
  • SD Card adapter
  • SD Card case
  • Micro SD Card
  • Hard case
  • USB adapter wire
  • Neckstrap
  • Neckstrap balancer
  • Two year Warranty
  • Manual

For more information go to:Graupner mz-24

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 23, 2016 at 09:03 AM..
Nov 23, 2016, 09:11 AM
★★★★★★★★
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2755578
Nov 24, 2016, 10:36 PM
EDF all the way!
Love mine!
Bob
Nov 26, 2016, 04:43 PM
Doberman fan
here is a quick video of the menus and sounds in the pro.

graupner might adapt the sounds a bit if i recall so you dont have to scroll through all the mundane sounds

MZ-24 PRO menus and sound database (7 min 21 sec)
Nov 26, 2016, 04:45 PM
Doberman fan
assigning sound to the pro

MZ 24 Pro triple rates and sound programming (3 min 20 sec)
Nov 28, 2016, 10:49 AM
A reluctant beekeeper ...
Speaking of sounds, I often don't receive audible confirmation of trim changes with my (non-Pro) MZ-24. Honestly, this is a bit disconcerting. I rarely make trim changes but when I do, I need to know the command was recognized by the transmitter without looking at the display. I assume the other sound/voice files are overriding the trim change sound. Has this issue been corrected with the new Pro? I'd like essential sounds to be prioritized over non-essential sounds (vario, altitude, etc.)

Thanks,
Woody
Last edited by Tower_City_Woody; Nov 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM.
Nov 28, 2016, 11:56 AM
★★★★★★★★
5 days later... only 550 views however the main Frsky Horus thread gets 3000+ views daily

I don't even need to bash this product because people are not interested regardeless of my personal opinion.

Graupner what you were and what you are now since acquired by the asiatics. you have to work hard to convince/ regain people.
Nov 28, 2016, 01:39 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse

I don't even need to bash this product because people are not interested regardeless of my personal opinion.
Come On, you pretty much bash every product on every thread! and yet no one is interested in your personal opinion
Nov 28, 2016, 01:56 PM
Doberman fan
T_W_C

I will try and remember when i get home from work and test this. ill turn on the vario and start messing with the trim activaters
Nov 28, 2016, 02:05 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailhigh
Come On, you pretty much bash every product on every thread! and yet no one is interested in your personal opinion
I suspect people may start caring when he actually buys a transmitter.
Nov 28, 2016, 03:09 PM
Doberman fan
kind of not cool to attempt to redirect people to a different radio brand on the first page of a rcg review

a radio with sequencers, logical switches, case and 3 receivers for the price aint a bad buy
Nov 28, 2016, 08:00 PM
I am an Electrical Engineer (well almost got the degree, but have the work history to back it up).

I program microcontrollers and have done a fair bit with RF. In fact you can look up my username and see some of my credentials.

I am purchasing this radio for several reasons.

1) feature set is almost on par with Spektrum (IMO the best bang for buck)
2) RF Link is theoretically as good as JR DSMM and Futaba
3) Dislike the JR XG14 battery capacity

I know when something should be respected and I feel the MZ is worth the try.

With that being said, I only bought it on a deep discount, and will extensively test it prior to a rx going into a plane. I will also fly smaller planes until I feel comfortable with the HoTT and MZ.

I dont want to ever influence someone against what they want. I do want to state some of my feelings on radios.

Spektrum: I owned the DX7 (Black) and sold it. I did not think the RF link was very good. I even used the telemetry and was frightened by what I saw. One time when I took my model out as far as I could see I even got a hold. I loved my DX7 and wish the RF link was better. I currently own a DX6 (Black) that I use for micro heli's.

JR: I own the XG14 and it is my current radio. I am not super thrilled by the feel of the radio and the looks are awful (not an issue but ill mention it). The RF link is great and I have tested it with great results. The battery is straight up terrible. I thought I had an issue with my battery and so I load tested it and got the correct mAh out of it. One day I was at the field, fussing around with a glow engine. Left the TX on for an hour playing with the engine. A few flights after I got a low battery alarm. I dont think you could do a weekend of IMAC flying without recharging. The blue light is annoying to use in low light (programming). My gripe with the programming (coming from spektrum) is everything is difficult or not pre done for you. I think there are a lot of improvements that can be made to their software.

Futaba: My father has the 10 something and absolutely loves it. He is a tinkerer and I know he has range tested it and is happy (hard to do). I was going to buy the 14 from them but decided against due to the cost. Their telemetry is also extremely expensive.

So that is how I got to buying one. I wont rave about it until I get it. I will post my own review for the radio because there is virtually nothing on the web.

The only thing i see is april's videos (i think).
Nov 28, 2016, 08:37 PM
A reluctant beekeeper ...

Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0pph
3) Dislike the JR XG14 battery capacity
The 4Ah 1S in my new, non-Pro MZ-24 doesn't seem to last very long. I haven't timed it yet but I know to land immediately when the transmitter Voltage warning sounds. The Voltage takes a precipitous drop very soon thereafter.

The Pro is sold with a 5Ah 1S pack. Graupner offer a 6Ah LiIo (?) 1S as an accessory. I plan to buy another battery.

The wall charger supplied with my system has no charge indicator (no LED). The transmitter doesn't indicate its being charged, either.

My Hyperion charger doesn't like to charge the battery through the charging jack - it stops before the battery is at 100%. So, I have to remove it from the Tx every time or use the wall charger (no way to know how much goes in or when its fully charged).

IMO, it would be nice to have a higher Voltage battery option - NiMH, for example. The 8-cell 1.5Ah NiMH pack in my JR Tx lasts for hours.

Woody
Nov 28, 2016, 09:24 PM
Agreed.

I think the battery in my JR is a 1400mAh 2s LiFe roughly gives out 9.2Wh of power.

The Graupner is a 5000mAh 1s LiPo which gives out 37Wh of power.

The Mz does have a big display which might suck the battery dry quickly and make that 4x's capacity equal.
Nov 28, 2016, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower_City_Woody
The 4Ah 1S in my new, non-Pro MZ-24 doesn't seem to last very long. I haven't timed it yet but I know to land immediately when the transmitter Voltage warning sounds. The Voltage takes a precipitous drop very soon thereafter.

Have you calibrated the voltmeter on the TX? It seems a lot of the radios come with the voltmeter calibrated on the low side.

After a full day of flying, my TX typically reads around 3.9 or 4.0 volts. I think 3.8 is about the lowest I've seen in actual use.

When programming with the screen on the whole time, the battery life does go down, but when flying it is more than good enough IMO.

Tom

Quick Reply