PL6 questions - RC Groups
Nov 21, 2016, 06:47 AM
Discussion

PL6 questions

Still using my Multi4 charger but one of these days I need to figure out my PL6.

I ordered the combo kit with the MPA board and not sure how to charge my Fromeco relions or A123 batteries with JR connectors. The MPA board seems to be primarily for electric flyers with lipos.

Anyone want to throw out some suggestions? Thx in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2016, 08:43 AM
Michael
I use an A123 pack for my Jeti to Spektrum bridge. I also charge it on either my DPL8 (charger case with Bump Controller and AC PS) or my PL6 (field box for remote locations.)

I simply fabricated a JR to Deans (or, whatever power connector is on your MPA board.)

Don't forget to change the PL6 option to JST-XH when using the MPA board; assuming that your A123 has a JST balance connector as mine does.

The PL6 does have a bunch of A123 presets available; been a while, so may be in the library, but I know that there were several...

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22
Still using my Multi4 charger but one of these days I need to figure out my PL6.

I ordered the combo kit with the MPA board and not sure how to charge my Fromeco relions or A123 batteries with JR connectors. The MPA board seems to be primarily for electric flyers with lipos.

Nov 22, 2016, 09:47 PM
Thanks Micheal. I'll post a pic or 2 for clarification.
Dec 02, 2016, 12:06 PM
Quote:

It would help if you could pose specific questions.

However in general if your batteries do not have Deans connectors what you need to do is purchase or fabricate adapters.

The MPA board is designed for several various battery types. The most obvious are batteries with balance taps and main Deans connectors. However you can find connectors for Tx batteries as well as the ultra micro batteries.

Glen
Jul 24, 2017, 12:57 AM
One of these days I need to connect this to this. Amy suggestions? Tia.
Jul 24, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
One of these days I need to connect this to this. Amy suggestions? Tia.
Use this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...EG&sku=1280144 and go directly to the charger. You do not need the MPA.
Specify the 1S to 2S Unbalanced preset.

Glen
Jul 24, 2017, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1
Use this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...EG&sku=1280144 and go directly to the charger. You do not need the MPA.

Glen
Thank you thank you.
Aug 06, 2017, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1

Glen
I used this adapter on a A123 battery and the 2 year old p6 that's never ran before and a problem popped up. My charger fan never ran and soon enough smoke started pouring out. I emailed technical support about the problem,