Nov 20, 2016, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Lost my Conscendo S, what can I use my DX4e with?

I had an RTF Conscendo S that is unfortunately no longer with us. I still have the DX4e, the battery charger, and a spare 2S lipo cell.

Can I use this DX4e with any BNF planes or was it programmed only for the Conscendo S? It's not a huge loss if not but if I can make it work with maybe a smaller plane that would be better for the areas I can fly in.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2016, 03:53 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Yes , it should work with DSMX BNF planes .
Nov 20, 2016, 08:16 PM
Perpetual Noob
Well, it will work with all HH BNF planes but only control 4 channels so flaps and retracts are out.
Nov 20, 2016, 08:43 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Maybe try a UMX Radian. Smaller and will work with that radio.
Nov 21, 2016, 04:45 PM
DFS#000178
Delta Ray.

The DX4e will work great with it. The 1300MAh 2S that the Conscendo came with is the same battery the Delta Ray uses.

DRs are a ton of fun and great trainers. They fly great and will serve you long after you don't need a trainer anymore.
Nov 21, 2016, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphyllia View Post
I had an RTF Conscendo S that is unfortunately no longer with us.
So what happened with the Conscendo S?
Nov 22, 2016, 02:22 AM
You could get a Conscendo without a radio. That would make sense if you liked the Conscendo; and who doesn't?

Regards
Nov 22, 2016, 01:07 PM
DFS#000178
The BNF Conscendo's discontinued. The RTF's the only one available.
Nov 22, 2016, 05:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabu View Post
So what happened with the Conscendo S?
I've never flown before and lost it on my first flight. It was a little windy and I managed to fly a few circles at the local soccer fields, but it quickly got away from me once it was up above the trees.

I had trouble turning it in the space I was in using beginner mode and trying to fight the wind to keep it in the park. Once it was high enough and far enough away I couldn't tell orientation that was that and it probably ended up in the next county.

I really liked the Conscendo, it seemed like a very well put together kit and I had no issues building it and getting it up in the air. I just am very bad at flying and need to pick less windy days to learn I think.
Nov 22, 2016, 07:02 PM
I lost my first plane on the first day, too, some five years ago. I was having a great time until I demolished it in a tree, so the experience wasn't all bad. And yes, flying on a calm day is a much better idea. Personal experience there, too. I improved a lot over time, and I'm sure you will too.
Nov 22, 2016, 07:15 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphyllia View Post
I've never flown before and lost it on my first flight. It was a little windy and I managed to fly a few circles at the local soccer fields, but it quickly got away from me once it was up above the trees.

I had trouble turning it in the space I was in using beginner mode and trying to fight the wind to keep it in the park. Once it was high enough and far enough away I couldn't tell orientation that was that and it probably ended up in the next county.

I really liked the Conscendo, it seemed like a very well put together kit and I had no issues building it and getting it up in the air. I just am very bad at flying and need to pick less windy days to learn I think.
Delta Ray Delta Ray Delta Ray.

It's smaller and it's airframe better lends itself to handling windier conditions. It's seriously one of the best trainers you can get your hands on. They really are fantastic. And they look cool ontop of that.
Dec 06, 2016, 09:54 AM
Master of Pain

Champ S+

If it has a 3 position mode switch, it would work even with Champ S+ or Sportsman S+ - both have GPS functions, and the "hold pattern" return home feature will save your plane.
Dec 06, 2016, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 425diego View Post
If it has a 3 position mode switch, it would work even with Champ S+ or Sportsman S+ - both have GPS functions, and the "hold pattern" return home feature will save your plane.
... until it randomly flies off of its own accord never to be seen again

Have they fixed that yet?
Dec 09, 2016, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 425diego View Post
The Champs S+ transmitter will bind to the original champ and the Sports Cub S, but the sports cub S transmitter won't bind to the Champ S+.
Dec 09, 2016, 06:37 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Delta Ray Delta Ray Delta Ray.

It's smaller and it's airframe better lends itself to handling windier conditions. It's seriously one of the best trainers you can get your hands on. They really are fantastic. And they look cool ontop of that.
^Sometimes I am THAT broken record!

Even with several other planes, it is they are still my favorites - so much fun.

I like them because they can teach about wind, and handle more wind than many planes. I don't have another plane I'd prefer to throw up in conditions where most of the other pilots won't fly.

With a couple <$1 electrical components and a Y servo connector, the original receiver can later run brushless multi-rotor motors and ESCs (using the popular BLHeli firmware and a firmware change) when you feel ready to replace the brushed motors (still on 2S). Another small change to the brick and it runs 3S brushless , too.

In the past the receiver and motors were complaints about the DR - now they are simply a good starting point for a new pilot that can be later altered when the DR is no longer needed as a trainer.

With almost any plane you're still going to need to fly it upwind until you learn to better control them.
Last edited by GottaZoom; Dec 09, 2016 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply